Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
As for approaching sims, I totally agree with Peni - while aspiration is part of a sim, there is also personality, experience, other sims in their lives and whatever gives joy - they are all very different from each other.
Do you mean whatever gives joy to your Sims, or to you, or both? There's something in the idea of playing in a way that gives joy to my Sims that really appeals to me.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 2:03 PM
One of my favorite Let’s Play moments I saw was with Pleasant Sims. Coral Oldie rolled a want to flirt with Darren Dreamer. They had a wild passionate affair. I’m sure nobody would ever choose that pairing in a game. If you let your sims guide you, they can take you to some very strange places.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 5:20 PM
I've had sims rolling wants for pools and bowling lanes while living in tiny starters or apartments and decided it meant they wanted to get into a larger lot so they would have room for those things.I ended up having them saving up to be able to move to a bigger lot and to slwoly start building a bigger house when the house on that lot was even smaller than their tiny starter.
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 5:31 AM
I used to micromanage everything but i'm trying not to do that anymore. And reading this thread some has definitely given me ideas. I have free will on all the time now but I usually direct them to do things, but the larger the household they more they choose on their own but I still make sure everyone is taken care of generally. I might relax my hold even more after reading here. Free will does drive me up a wall though when there is a baby in the house. It's like they think the baby is constantly starving and there will be bottles all over the floor. I have a routine where when the baby needs a diaper change, I change it, cuddle, play, feed, put back in crib and it's good to go until it needs a diaper change again but the sims INSIST they need to be fed constantly. I don't know anything about real babies but the pixel babies don't need that much attention. I still leave free will on though and just try to keep them occupied. If they start complaining about bottles all over the floor, well that's there fault lol.

I roll for things now like aspirations, sexualities and i'm trying to come up with more things to roll for/better methods to the numbers so it's a work in progress. Granted I have the power to veto anything or choose myself if I really want to for a particular sim/thing but usually I don't. And ACR is it's own beast.

Sometimes I come up with story/plot ideas and do things, sometimes I take what the game gives me and go with it. I try for a mixture.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#55 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 2:46 PM
There are various fixes for broken babyminding code, wicked, including some newish ones right here: https://modthesims.info/d/650724/ba...nancy-mods.html

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
There are various fixes for broken babyminding code, wicked, including some newish ones right here: https://modthesims.info/d/650724/ba...nancy-mods.html

Thank you :D

My Simblr
He/They
Page 3 of 3