Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 6:26 PM
Sims 2 game on USB hard disc
This may sound weird. Have you ever tried to run/play the Sims 2 game on USB hard disc? Is it possible to transfer the game on USB hars disc?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 7:46 PM
If the USB stick is big enough, I'm sure you could copy your game to it as a backup, but I don't think I'd try to play live on it. I mean it's really not what USB discs are made for. I suppose they are a solid state disc of a sort, but AFAIK they're not made the sort of rapid input/output that you get in gameplay.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 10:25 PM
What about a PORTABLE HARD DRIVE oe something else?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 11:49 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 23rd Feb 2021 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Added wording in brackets for the sake of clarity
I would think it would work [on a portable hard drive], but I'd expect it to be a lot slower than using the computer's built-in hard disk drive. Or -- better still a built-in SSD (Solid State Disk). Is there any reason why you want to play using external storage?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 12:26 AM
I'm not sure about playing games from a USB, but I know programming from one isn't good... Not only does it take more time than doing it directly from the computer, but it can also strain the USB. At least, that's how some files got corrupted on my old one that I use for Uni. I haven't used it since as I was told that randomly corrupted files was a sign that it couldn't be used anymore.

But that's relating to Uni work, not the Sims It may be a different cattle of fish, but I wouldn't risk it

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 3:14 AM
I have run my TS2 from a spare directory on an external hard drive and noticed no major difference in running it that way though that depends on your computer's overall speed to begin with.