Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#101 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 2:42 PM
SimPE wont start!!!!!!!!
Its says its a program-fault
Help me AGAIn please!!!
and thank you for all your other help
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#102 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 3:33 PM
Did you also install the required Microsoft NET Framework 1.1? What kind of an error message are you getting?
Test Subject
#103 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 1:24 PM
Ill try install Microsoft-thingy.
Test Subject
#104 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 2:00 PM
Hi guys. Its me again.
I tried making my own custom column now, but im already having some problems with it.
When im in SimPE, i select the Romanische Betonsäule (i dont know what its called in english, sorry) and cloned it.
when i saved it i DID rename it to SheylasColumn1.
so far so good.
Next i clicked on the GeometricDataContainer, but in the window to the right, all there was, was something called GeometricDataContainer and then the name of the ORIGINAL maxis column...???
From the tutorial i learned that there should be the cloned object listed with the NEW name i saved it with...

How come my saved objects not showing up?
Im pretty sure i followed the steps before exactly like i was told, so i dont know whats wrong!

Hope someone can help me

~Live each day as if it were you're last! ;D
» http://www.sheylassims2.com/
°SheyLa°
#105 Old 29th Mar 2006 at 7:16 PM
The name on the Models list in Geometric Data Container is supposed to be the same as the original Maxis name, or your mesh is going to turn up invisible in the game. So, nothing to worry with that .
Test Subject
#106 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 9:14 AM
ok, sry, i must have mixed something up...

i now already have another problem...When i try to import a wavefront objects into Blender, nothing will show up.
I clicked on exactly the mesh name and then clicked import wavefront obj, but nothing opened up.

Can any1 help?

~Live each day as if it were you're last! ;D
» http://www.sheylassims2.com/
°SheyLa°
#107 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 2:21 PM Last edited by labine730 : 30th Mar 2006 at 2:30 PM.
I'm having problems finding the geometric data under reasource tree. Should I just click on "shape"?

Just an anachronism, move along now.
Part-time Hermit
#108 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by labine730
i'm having problems finding the geometric data under reasource tree.

If you made a proper clone, it should be there. Can you take a screenshot of the view you get and post it as an attachment?
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 2:34 PM
i've done everything it says in the tutorial but i only have 29 resources and in the screenshot in the tutorial it shows 31.
Screenshots
Instructor
#110 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 2:34 PM
How do i add animation at a object?
Thanks for the tutorial :D

Unauthorized incoming post!
Part-time Hermit
#111 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 2:42 PM
labine730, you probably had the "reference original mesh" cloning option checked in the beginning, did you? Because otherwise I wouldn't know why the GMDC wouldn't be included. Try cloning the table again and pay close attention to having the cloning options checked and unchecked just like in the tutorial.

morten8035, this subject is way beyond a beginner object creation tutorial! If you're talking about sims' animations while using an object, look at the Animation sub forum that has discussions on animation files. However, I don't think there are any tutorials on that. If you're talking about the object's animations, then it's a different subject again. There are tutorials for retaining existing animations from the cloned object, but adding completely new ones again is quite a bit more complicated.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 2:44 PM
Yes I think i did. Thanks so much for the help!

Instructor
#113 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 5:45 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 30th Mar 2006 at 5:51 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Quote:
morten8035, this subject is way beyond a beginner object creation tutorial! If you're talking about sims' animations while using an object, look at the Animation sub forum that has discussions on animation files. However, I don't think there are any tutorials on that. If you're talking about the object's animations, then it's a different subject again. There are tutorials for retaining existing animations from the cloned object, but adding completely new ones again is quite a bit more complicated.

But where di i find the forum?

Part-time Hermit
#114 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 5:52 PM
Please, look around . It's a sub-forum under the Object Creation & Texturing just like the tutorial forum is.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 9:48 PM
I need some help. Whenever I view my table in game, it has an edge that is above the surface. You can see through each wall that is in front of the camera. The same thing with the legs. I think I might be making it inside out.

NEW! LESS SUCKS SIGNATURE!

COLOR TAGS ACTUALLY REMOVED!
Test Subject
#116 Old 30th Mar 2006 at 11:13 PM
Help! Ehenever I try to upload the final mesh into SimPE it just says: "Index out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"
Part-time Hermit
#117 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 4:01 AM
TheSims2Freak, I'm not completely sure from your description what the problem might be, can you take a screenshot and post it as attachment here, please?

nickbadal, which mesh program are you using?
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 4:05 AM
Default darn...
ok I'm pretty sure I did everything right, but I clearly didn't. look at the screenshots. What did I do wrong? (sorry about the gif but it wouldn't take the png)
Screenshots

Part-time Hermit
#119 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 4:18 AM
labine730, are you referring to the darkness of the table or something else?
Instructor
#120 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by labine730
ok I'm pretty sure I did everything right, but I clearly didn't. look at the screenshots. What did I do wrong? (sorry about the gif but it wouldn't take the png)

I'am not sure but after you uploadet the picture do you "update all size"?

Test Subject
#121 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 11:49 AM
Need help again!!!
When I open the geometric data it doesnt is any sign that says import!
Please help!
Part-time Hermit
#122 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Adiniabest
Need help again!!!
When I open the geometric data it doesnt is any sign that says import!
Please help!

Look at the screenshot that's attached (while you have Geometric Data Container open) and the things circled in red:

1. Make sure that Plugin is selected from the bottom bar
2. Check that you have the Content and...
3. ... the cGeometryDataContainer tabs selected
4. You should see the Import button at the bottom of the Models list.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#123 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 9:03 PM Last edited by amymil : 31st Mar 2006 at 9:41 PM.
Default What did I do?
Ok, this tutorial has been very helpful, so thank you so much for the time and effort put into it!!

Anyway.. this is my first attempt to do anything beyond recoloring. Perhaps I should just follow the tutorial, but I don't want to make a table, I want to make a simple milk bottle, using the Fleur something or other bud vase. I would think that would be easier than the table, because it's just one thing and doesn't require groups and stuff (except to delete the flower group).

So, the uv mapping part is weird for me (when I went to import it it was too big, but that's a whole different post I think). But, the more important problem I have is that when it comes to the part to register a GUID, in the tools section I only have one object data file... so, I'm sure I messed up somewhere. The end result was almost everything I wanted it to be in the game... had the right description and price, but just looked like a recolored bud vase.

If you have any ideas where I went wrong please let me know. I'm going to do the tutorial for the table now, but I'm not sure that will tell me what I did. Is there maybe a tutorial somewhere for a simpler object, like a sculpture or something?

thanks so much, again, for your time, effort, and patience!!!

P.S. I'm a very bad poster/creator and don't have any screenshots. Also, FYI, I used milkshape, uvmapper, and photoshop 7.0

P.S.S. I have now tried to do the table, and when I get the the part on milkshape for regrouping the legs (after deleting the original table, before renaming the group), I get a typical error message "ms3d.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". I tried, and tried, and tried again getting the same message. After requesting on a few sites for someone to make me a milk bottle, now trying to do it myself... I'm convinced God doesn't want me to have a milk bottle.....LOL!!! Please help while I still have hair.

"Probably the saddest thing you'll ever see is a mosquito sucking on a mummy... forget it little friend" - Jack Handy

Visit my blog: http://uneffnbelievable.blogspot.com/
Part-time Hermit
#124 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 9:33 PM
For the uv-mapping, see this article by Numenor.

As for the GUID, most one-tile objects only have one GUID, so it sounds completely normal to me . When giving this object a new GUID, treat the one GUID as you did the main GUID with the dining table in the tutorial, and discard the information on the other GUIDs (meaning, you will have to update the MMATs with this one and only GUID).
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 9:49 PM
IgnorantBliss, I have a pic, except now the talking table has become "custom" with the * in the corner. I've replaced my Objects file in TSData/Res/Obects, and it is still like that.

(Pictured is the Talking Table, but that is what my table looked like.

Any help on fixing the table and getting my my Talking Table? I followed all the steps to the t and the talking table went poof. Yes, I even made new GUIDs. And saved. And commited.

NEW! LESS SUCKS SIGNATURE!

COLOR TAGS ACTUALLY REMOVED!
Page 5 of 58