Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1601 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
All wonderful houses guys Keep up the fantastic work!

Did you see my latest uploads? I just put up 4 Mark Stewart designs (TS2)...
I've got several MidCentury ones coming up next - they're done, just need pictures cleaned/prepped

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1602 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 3:26 PM
What do you think of the Landscaping so far? I have gotten alot better at it
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1603 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 8:57 PM
What do you think of the Landscaping so far?

I don't understand the 'furrows' - is that a TP in TS3? I love the windy front walk - that adds a lot of interest.
I like the side garden with pink flower/bushes - that looks like a nice place to sit and think, or wait for your car to arrive

The first of my MidCentury houses is up:

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1604 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
I don't understand the 'furrows' - is that a TP in TS3? I love the windy front walk - that adds a lot of interest.
I like the side garden with pink flower/bushes - that looks like a nice place to sit and think, or wait for your car to arrive

I decided just to do a lush green lawn instead and yes thank you

The first of my MidCentury houses is up:

not bad for your first attempt

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1605 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 4:13 PM
not bad for your first attempt

Oh It's not my first MidCentury attempt... It's just the first in this little mini-series I've been working on .

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1606 Old 1st Mar 2021 at 9:13 PM
Thank you for your support, TudorMan! That's really needed. Thank you very much!
What do you think of the Landscaping so far? I have gotten alot better at it

I find that's nice
The first of my MidCentury houses is up

Heeey. You did not post any picture of house references. How dare are you?

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#1607 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Heeey. You did not post any picture of house references. How dare are you?

I did - but, it's just a web-link this time.
I have the actual book - and I was too lazy to turn on my scanner, so I just found an archive link...
Which is actually better - because you can keep flipping through the book and find other plans to do .

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1608 Old 2nd Mar 2021 at 6:15 PM
Which is actually better - because you can keep flipping through the book and find other plans to do .

Actually not. Maybe just not for me. rolleyes In my case it shows up as limited. I can flip through contents, cover and last page. BUT also I can see page with house that you pointed.
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#1609 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 1:11 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 6th Mar 2021 at 8:25 PM.
My latest is Brutalist#09-3BR - A large contemporary house built in the Brutalist style. In addition to the standard features, this Lot includes a sunken living room, formal dining room, loft, office, fireplace, swimming pool, spa, fishing pond, 2 fruit trees, barbecue, and solar panels.

Screenshots
Theorist
#1610 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 11:08 AM
When judging far from my own preferences, ScaryRob, your house is great looking. But I feel like brutalist style is too bare for my own taste. I could not live inside. This house feels like a prison with amenities. Soo... yep.... I like this house anyways when talk about SIms. That's better to make my sims suffer instead of me. Right?

Mad Poster
#1611 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 3:52 PM
@Rob - I want to see inside pix and floorplans .

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1612 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 4:23 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 7th Mar 2021 at 6:00 AM.
@Rob - I want to see inside pix and floorplans .

Every one of my zip file downloads contains exterior pics and interior floorplan pics, as well as a README Notepad file with pertinent Lot information, such as number of bedrooms, baths, parking spaces, all CC used, and so forth. You can download the zip file and look at all that without installing the Lot file.
Edit: I added two interior pics.
Theorist
#1613 Old 5th Mar 2021 at 4:37 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 6th Mar 2021 at 7:34 AM.
When judging far from my own preferences, ScaryRob, your house is great looking. But I feel like brutalist style is too bare for my own taste. I could not live inside. This house feels like a prison with amenities. Soo... yep.... I like this house anyways when talk about SIms. That's better to make my sims suffer instead of me. Right?

Well, the insides are typically not concrete, although a few are, if that makes a difference.

I like minimalism overall and Brutalism in particular, if it's done right. I like the slightly futuristic and slightly dystopian look. IRL, Brutalism forces the architect to come up with nice aesthetic designs without resorting to ornamentation.
You can always rebuild a Lot in a different color, although you might have some problem finding appropriate fences to match. Michelle has made several add-ons and recolors to various Maxis fences that might help in this regard.

Take a look at these Brutalist houses, by Argentine architect Luciano Kruk (click on 'Projects'): https://lucianokruk.com/es/
I plan on making some of these, which is why I asked the lovely Michelle make this concrete building set: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=646962
Theorist
#1614 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 6:47 PM
Approved! I used to rebuild this house on other lot. John Lennon has lost against my prefectionism. So here street facade is lightened by sun.

Theorist
#1615 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 8:50 PM
Approved! I used to rebuild this house on other lot. John Lennon has lost against my prefectionism. So here street facade is lightened by sun.

There you go, rebuilds are a snap, especially unfurnished houses.

Also, as per Catherine's suggestion and after thinking it over, I added a couple of interior pics to my post uptopic.
Mad Poster
#1616 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
...I added a couple of interior pics to my post uptopic.

Yay!!! Thank you
I love looking at how peeps place their furniture

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1617 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 12:26 PM
...I added a couple of interior pics to my post uptopic.

I did not found where wall makes twist to upstairs. That's incredible CFE'd house.
I love looking at how peeps place their furniture

There was already seen somewhere. I've seen some time ago one person spamming at forums by me peep message. What does it mean? the peep? Is that something of new urban language?

Mad Poster
#1618 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 3:58 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 7th Mar 2021 at 5:43 PM.
What does it mean? the peep? Is that something of new urban language?

LOL! Not new, certainly It just means "people," it's been around since the beginning of internet/forum time.

Just so's ya know... the house I built yesterday - just a plain old midCentury suburban ranch with 2 beds/2.5 baths/Garage - took 21 attempts with the grid-adjuster. That means I restarted my game 21 times! OMG!!! It has a 2-click foundation and a partial no-slope basement. It's the partial basement that was killing me - doing a basement under theĀ  whole house is easy. But, keeping the levels straight when doing a partial basement is very tricky (for me, anyway!)
Oi! I'm afraid to go back in the game today and see what it looks like...

ETA - I just took pictures:
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1619 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 2:14 PM
I don't know how it's done, Cat. This is masterpiece level I won't ever reach. Great

Mad Poster
#1620 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 12:30 AM
Here's my latest WIP...
I think @ScaryRob mentioned a roof like this a while back? It def. screams Dentist Office from the 70's vibe at me
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1621 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 8:27 AM
Here's my latest WIP...
I think ScaryRob mentioned a roof like this a while back? It def. screams Dentist Office from the 70's vibe at me

Roof shouldn't be that high. I think you used the wrong roof type.
I'll post a pic of the type of roof I meant tomorrow later today or the weekend - right now my game is not loaded.
Mad Poster
#1622 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 4:04 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 19th Mar 2021 at 4:20 PM.
Roof shouldn't be that high. I think you used the wrong roof type.

That is def the problem I was having! I couldn't find a solution to shorten the pitch of the roof - and have the second story bit pop up there...
Help/ideas would be most welcome! ...without the second story bit, the correct roof pitch is not a problem. *shrug*
The blueprint can be found here, bottom design: https://ia800508.us.archive.org/Boo...rg&page=leaf244

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1623 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 7:33 PM
This is the roof picture, from page 62 of this thread, that you were referring to, right?

I think it's rare to see this in a residential application, IRL. It's most often used in apartment and commercial buildings.

To do this, use the game's 'Shed Hipped Roof' tool:

The roof is just 1 square deep. It's just a false facade.
Mad Poster
#1624 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 10:41 PM
To do this, use the game's 'Shed Hipped Roof' tool...
The roof is just 1 square deep. It's just a false facade.

That's what I started with... but - I couldn't get it to look right with the 2nd story part of the building. And, the roof needs to actually act like a roof - not let the snow in, etc...
Any ideas how to accomplish that?

Don's new digs are lookin' spiffy, btw

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#1625 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 12:16 AM
That's what I started with... but - I couldn't get it to look right with the 2nd story part of the building. And, the roof needs to actually act like a roof - not let the snow in, etc...
Any ideas how to accomplish that?

As you can see in the picture, and as in real life, the 'shed hipped roof' part is just a facade around the edge of a normal flat roof. You build your house normally, with a flat roof, and then put the 'shed hipped roof' around the edge of the flat roof.

Page 65 of 98