Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#226 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 8:44 AM
So, who are three women who will be pregnant by the rich guy again? Just to avoid any confusions. :P

Hadley and Linnea and...?
Advertisement
Instructor
#227 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 2:22 PM
@M.M.A.A.: I like that idea too about one sim in the business track, though I imagined that both the sims in the couple would be at the "Bank Robber" level in the criminal track, and they'd be like one of those notorious couples that travels around stealing from banks, except they've settled down in Emerald Heights (now that it's a big city and they know they can keep a low profile), and they're being careful to cover their tracks when they decide to rob banks. Their teen son basically wants to be just like them and already has an after school job in the criminal career track (as in, he's started to help his parents with their robberies). But the child son or daughter (still haven't decided) is going to have max nice points, and one of the main conflicts is going to be that the parents are worried he/she is too nice to follow in their life of crime footsteps. The other point of conflict will be that the dad is a family sim and wants to have another kid (or two, or three) to really expand their criminal life into a family business once all the kids are older, while the mother is a fortune sim and is purely interested in the money side of things, and thinks more kids would make it hard to continue with the robberies. I'm toying around with the idea of the mother having some kind of big secret (like if she were actually the mother of one of the teen girls in the group home, with some other guy, and her husband had no clue) but I don't want to make the family too complicated. I haven't created any of them yet though, so if anybody likes the idea of her being the parent of one of the group home girls I could make the genetics fit.

I won't make any more families after the criminals (two adults, one teen, one kid) and the rich family (two elders, one adult, plus the requested deceased ancestors). I don't want to be too much of a hog

@Jawusa: Three impregnated sims? I'm certainly okay with that, if someone else wants him to have gotten their female sim pregnant (and he'd be open for being in a relationship with any other sims also, he's going to be a romance sim and not at all picky). So far I think it's just Linnea and Hadley though.

I love that idea! I could even see the mayor sim as having been in a relationship as a teen with either Esmee or Desiree. At the very least, they all could have been best friends. I'm also happy to create ancestors. Just to be clear, do you want me to make both the parents and grandparents of the mayor sim, or just the parents? I think that I'm going to ask that the parents be starvation ghosts, because that would fit with the storyline of the crops all disappearing. I could see something like his parents dying changing the mayor from someone generally ambitious to someone ruthless who will do anything he needs to to ensure his own survival and success. That would be when his friendships/relationships with Esmee and Desiree fell apart and he started to turn the village into a city. By the "present" time (when the neighborhood opens up) the mayor would be totally uncaring about others and only interested in his own financial stability and continuing to build the city up to increase his own importance and sense of control.

Do you want the mayor's wife to also have ancestors? I could do that too, or it could be assumed that she moved in by herself.

I also have a few questions about the direction I should go in with the mayor's family, and the adult sim who's been going around impregnating people I have a lot of ideas but don't want things to be too confusing/elaborate for people.

The adult son is going to be a romance sim, probably 23 days or so to becoming an elder. I see him as a bit spoiled, yet also pressured by his dad to make something of himself. I would put him at Executive in the business track, not because he worked hard to get there but because his dad called in connections and got him a job. This would explain how he met Linnea (who's a mailroom technician in the business track), and of course he met Hadley at his country club, because she was the golf caddy while he was golfing. If he's in a relationship with Cecily too, he would have met her at a bar or possibly at the restaurant where she's a hostess. Hence how no one in the family realizes they're all seeing the same guy. All this guy is really interested in is partying, meeting women, and spending his family's vast amounts of money (he'd probably actually be a pleasure sim if this neighborhood wasn't base game only, I would definitely give him pleasure as a secondary in my game). Needless to say, he probably won't deal well with being a dad.

I could make the mayor's wife a stereotypically snotty fortune/popularity sim, but honestly I'd rather go in a different direction, and I have a few ideas. I'd really like her to be a knowledge or family sim, and despite being married to the mayor to have an extremely low relationship with him, like in the negatives. I see it as maybe she married him when they were young, he was idealistic about building up a city, and she didn't realize just how many people he was willing to hurt for his own gain. Now she's stuck in the marriage. There are two possibilities for why she isn't divorcing her husband, one pretty extreme and the other slightly less so:
1. The mayor's wife has a major scientific research lab, and the mayor has threatened to use his connections to shut it down if she gets a divorce. He feels that his family needs to appear perfect to appeal to the voters. The mayor's wife knows the research she does is important, and she can't risk it being forced to close.
2. The mayor's wife knows that the mayor doesn't care about his people at all. That's why she became a Captain Hero, to keep the streets safe and help the people who need it. As long as she stays married and pretends to be content living the rich lifestyle, her husband won't look too closely into her activities, or realize that she's thwarting him and his corrupt connections at every turn. It's not like he notices when she's gone, and they haven't slept in the same bedroom in years anyway! In this scenario, the wife would have an extremely negative relationship with the mayor, while the mayor would see her relatively positively, like 50 STR/50 LTR. But they would have fallen out of love a long time ago.

I know I just threw a lot of ideas out there! Just let me know if anything is confusing, or what ideas you guys like/don't like.
Instructor
#228 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 2:59 PM
I've started making grandparents- 8 sims altogether, to account for the mayor's grandparents and his wife's grandparents. Then there will be 4 parents, the mayor and his wife, and their son. This is going to be a massive amount of sims I'm uploading, haha, and almost all of them dead!
Mad Poster
#229 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 3:26 PM
Oh! Wow! Your ideas are amazing!

I didn't know there's a 'Bank Robber' level in the criminal track because I hardly ever use that career (I'm not fond of burglars, so you know where I'm going with this. ), but since there is, I don't see why not.

And I didn't get exactly the mayor's wife part: Like, if she's supposed to have a secret lab, isn't she's supposed to be in the Science career track? So how about we let someone else create a detective, someone who works in the Law Enforcement track? I would love to create her as well if no one minds. (Preferably a female this time, since we already had a male detective in Bayside Flats. ) The detective will be friends with the mayor's wife, since the mayor's wife is helping her expose the mayor's bad bad deeds! :P

On another note: The way I see the stories in this neighborhood, is that not all Sims have to be connected in one way or another, since this is a very large neighborhood, so it doesn't have to have one story only. It could have several stories involving several groups of Sims/households all around.
Instructor
#230 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Oh! Wow! Your ideas are amazing!

I didn't know there's a 'Bank Robber' level in the criminal track because I hardly ever use that career (I'm not fond of burglars, so you know where I'm going with this. ), but since there is, I don't see why not.

And I didn't get exactly the mayor's wife part: Like, if she's supposed to have a secret lab, isn't she's supposed to be in the Science career track? So how about we let someone else create a detective, someone who works in the Law Enforcement track? I would love to create her as well if no one minds. (Preferably a female this time, since we already had a male detective in Bayside Flats. ) The detective will be friends with the mayor's wife, since the mayor's wife is helping her expose the mayor's bad bad deeds! :P

On another note: The way I see the stories in this neighborhood, is that not all Sims have to be connected in one way or another, since this is a very large neighborhood, so it doesn't have to have one story only. It could have several stories involving several groups of Sims/households all around.

Oh, those were two different options. Either she has a science lab, OR she's a captain hero. I'm happy with her to be either one, and if you want to create someone in law enforcement then the mayor's wife could be a scientist.
Mad Poster
#231 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jojoa777
Oh, those were two different options. Either she has a science lab, OR she's a captain hero. I'm happy with her to be either one, and if you want to create someone in law enforcement then the mayor's wife could be a scientist.

Oh! Ok! Great! Will try to come up with something ASAP!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#232 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 5:30 PM
It would be actually enough if it would be just parents because, the adult man's going to be a father. It would be a 4 generations family then. That's what I meant above but you can include the grandparents, if you want.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#233 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 5:46 PM
Here's what I have so far in mind for the detective:

Det. Esmeralda Stone, mother of three (twin teen boys Flynt and Onyx, and child daughter Precious), Knowledge, wife to stay-at-home dad, Rocky. (Yeah, I had to go there with theme. )

She'll be friends with the mayor's wife, getting info from her for her investigation/case.

How about that? :P
Instructor
#234 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
It would be actually enough if it would be just parents because, the adult man's going to be a father. It would be a 4 generations family then. That's what I meant above but you can include the grandparents, if you want.

Okay, I'll just have the parents for both the mayor and his wife. That should be enough sims.
Instructor
#235 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Here's what I have so far in mind for the detective:

Det. Esmeralda Stone, mother of three (twin teen boys Flynt and Onyx, and child daughter Precious), Knowledge, wife to stay-at-home dad, Rocky. (Yeah, I had to go there with theme. )

She'll be friends with the mayor's wife, getting info from her for her investigation/case.

How about that? :P

Sounds good to me
Trainee Moderator
#236 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 9:27 PM
I like all of the families so far. Though, EmeraldFalcon didn't upload her family yet.

Oh, and @Redtwoface why did you remove your family from your post #124? We would love to include your family.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Instructor
#237 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 10:53 PM
I made some edits to the Wentworth family text to give some more information about how they should start out in terms of skills, interests, and aspiration. I've attached all the files again, including the updated word document, just so it's all in one place.

I've got the mayor, his wife, and their son created too (plus the mayor's deceased parents and the wife's deceased parents). I'll be getting those files together and working on the information document for them too. I decided on the last name Rafferty, because it felt right to me, and then I looked it up and I see it actually translates from something meaning "prosperity wielder." Sounds appropriate to me! I named the mayor Caesar because it also somehow felt fitting His wife is named Judith. I'm still thinking about the name for the son (father of Hadley and Linnea's babies). He's going to be a real piece of work! High playful and outgoing levels, low everything else...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Wentworth Family.rar (802.9 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#238 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 8:38 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 14th Jun 2015 at 11:06 PM.
Okay, I finally managed to create the two families. They're in a separate new neighborhood (same terrain map) along with a small text document with a description of each Sim. I haven't written any of the bios yet, but I'll do that later.

Also, as discussed earlier: The Patch couple should be about halfway through adulthood (or with 10 days left, can we try it with 15 days first? If that doesn't fit, we'll just adjust it later. ) And, as for the Stones, well, I'm thinking the teens could be halfway through their stage? And same goes to little Precious. (Again, we can adjust it later if it doesn't fit. )

Let me know what you guys think of them! :D

ETA: Also, regarding building more lots: I'd like to try my hands with building the boutique (lot 53, as well as the swimming pool lot) if no one minds.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Patch and Stone families.zip (2.26 MB, 25 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#239 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 1:07 AM
I like all of the families so far. Though, EmeraldFalcon didn't upload her family yet.

I want to turn everything in all at once. I'm making progress. I've built the apartment building on lot #8 where Shonda lives. Pics are below.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Trainee Moderator
#240 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 6:48 AM
@M.M.A.A. You didn't mention the personality points but I can see them in SimPE if I open your neighborhood, but it would be nice if I only would have to open the .txt file, rather than the neighborhood file.
That's because of my laziness. Where are the families going to live?

Anyway, I added your two lots into the list.

@EmeraldFalcon Good looking apartment lot!
Shonda will be happy to have such a nice apartment unit.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#241 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 9:11 AM
@M.M.A.A. You didn't mention the personality points but I can see them in SimPE if I open your neighborhood, but it would be nice if I only would have to open the .txt file, rather than the neighborhood file.
That's because of my laziness. Where are the families going to live?

Oh! Lol! Well, I always leave the personality points untouched when picking a star-sign, so nothing was changed. So all you need to do is just set the star-sign and go with the personality you get with it, that's it. :P

Anyway, I added your two lots into the list.

Thank you! I'll give it a go ASAP!
Trainee Moderator
#242 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 12:03 PM
OK, but where will they live? Did you build a house for those two families?

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#243 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 3:04 PM
OK, but where will they live? Did you build a house for those two families?

Oops! Forgot to mention that! My bad! :P

The Patch family goes into the pink house (lot 42), while the Stone family goes into lot 39. I've uploaded a new version of the neighborhood with the two houses all furnished for the families. (V16)
Trainee Moderator
#244 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 4:24 PM
Did you place any new lots yet? Because the area above the solar panels is empty.

My Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#245 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 4:44 PM
I'd like to build something for this ginormous project... maybe a skyscraper... I already have one in store (one similar to the octagonal building decoration)... the only thing I can do now is to replace EP content with basegame content, and delete one level (invisible roof glitch).

And also... if it should be basegame compatible, how is it intended to work?
Trainee Moderator
#246 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 4:54 PM
@mixa97sr You can use the AnyGameStarter if you want.
If you can't use it because you have UC, then you could try this.

http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...5&postcount=136
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...6&postcount=140

Do you have a 2nd computer where you could install TS2 (base game only)? Then, you don't have to do this.

Unfortunately, you can't import any lots that are created in an EP game. TS2 updates the game engine if you install a new EP, that's why.
In TS3 or (I believe) TS4 it's possible to do that but that doesn't work in TS2.

BUT lots created in Uni can be imported into TS2. This is an exception, special to University EP. It doesn't work for the other EPs.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#247 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 5:46 PM
Did you place any new lots yet? Because the area above the solar panels is empty.

Oh no. I didn't. XP What exactly are we going to build there? Residential or community lots? From what I recall, someone wanted to build a school, plus other community lots. :/
Top Secret Researcher
#248 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 6:35 PM
@Jawusa

I will try any game starter... but those links you provided are not working. I'll see if I can do anything :D

What are those links about btw?
Trainee Moderator
#249 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 6:47 PM
@M.M.A.A. let me place the newer version of this neighborhood. I added those lots.

@mixa97sr
Try these links:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...5&postcount=136
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...6&postcount=140

My Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#250 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 7:54 PM
Registry edit... I'll see what I can do. Thanks.
Page 10 of 34