Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Numenorean Hibernation Cell (Aspiration reward OR Buyable) - *UPD 08 NOV 2006*

by Numenor Posted 31st Oct 2005 at 12:03 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 12:14 PM by -Maylin-

475 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 458 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 20
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Seven4six58three
oh crud, where can i get a program to unpack the rars?

At Rar Lab, my freind.

Stay frosty, Squeaks.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:08 AM
OMG! that is the coolest thing i have ever seen!
WOW! thats all i can say! that is the BEST thing i have ever seen!
Thank you! im speechless!
Test Subject
#28 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:11 AM
Numenor, you never cease to amaze me, Wow! 0.0 is all I can say, I am rather lost for words here...
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rayea
wow numenor -^.^-

um, can you make a bed version that isnt for taking long cold naps?
kinda like a space age bed, you remember the purple star trek style bed in the original sims, ya?
this would be totally perfect simply from a looks point of veiw for spacestation type sims

Actually, that was my first idea, but then I thought "Why a simple bed?"
Since the mesh and the animations are ready, I think I can make a "bed version" out of this.

Quote: Originally posted by Seven4six58three
Yes! I don't like cheating but I'm ok with hacks, this will be gr8 for legacies. :nod:

Me neither like cheating; but I consider "cheats" those helps that can't possibly exist in normal sim-life: e.g. the motherlode or aging off simply can't have an explanation. On the contrary, a hibernator is something that can exist, and can be explained. That's why I decided to keep very low the needs gain: I didn't want gamers to use it as a cheat (no machine can possibly get rid instantly of hunger and fully restore confort and energy).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#30 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:14 AM
Looks good. About pregnancies, if your hibernator works the same as aging off then the pregnancies will still advance while in hibernation.
Test Subject
#31 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:18 AM
Wonderful Creation. Thank you :salute:
Test Subject
#32 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:21 AM
Looked like a Tanning Bed before I read the description.

(A Tanning bed would be cool for a Sim Spa)
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:22 AM
Question: you said it takes care of needs by slowly raising them, so does that mean vampires will still be toasted? (faster need decay in sunlight)
Forum Resident
#34 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:34 AM
My goodness!!! You rock!!!
Test Subject
#35 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:36 AM
Hate to blow the whistle but..... I was going to try it using the aspirationpionts cheat, but with this object (its gr8 mind you) the cheat no longer is functional. However it is only a minor problem. And yes, according to the cheat menu the code was entered correctly. (I tried many times)
Field Researcher
#36 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:48 AM
I love your The Numenorean Hibernation Cell - *Aspiration Reward*....:sniper: Thanx.... :devil: :devil2: :flamer:
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:51 AM
great job but it's already been done... :/

just kidding! (that i know of anyway) looks great Numenor, thanks

I've been waiting all this time to be something I can't define.
Scholar
#38 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:50 AM
something i never even thought i needed till you made it oh, the possibilities...
thanks

oh and thankyou for including the poly count. so many people don't bother anymore, but it's really useful for me to know
Instructor
#39 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 2:55 AM
Oh MAN!! I have been waiting for this for ever!!! THank You Thank You Thank You

Sims 2 *Mo' addictive than a Peanut Butter and Crack Sandwich*
Forum Resident
#40 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 3:02 AM
Very cool! It must have been difficult to make it.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 3:18 AM
WOW!! This is totally awesome. Thanks!!!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#42 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PatchesSim2
Question: you said it takes care of needs by slowly raising them, so does that mean vampires will still be toasted? (faster need decay in sunlight)

Numenor said he cloned it from the coffin. I don't think vamps will have a problem.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 3:44 AM
:insane:

holy frito pies Batman! Please tell me, how long have you been working on this? (I have little patience myself, but I am curious)
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 4:01 AM Last edited by ts1&2fanatic : 31st Oct 2005 at 4:15 AM. Reason: Removed Answered Question
O.k. Numenor, I tested it with a inTeenimator artificial pregnency (not with Woo-Hoo) and tried to get her to hibernate but when she got to the cell, I got an object error so I am assuming that it may not work with preggers. BUT, I do use the "boolProp testing cheats" cheat quite often so that might be an issue.

I'll go back sometime and test it with a natural pregnency so see if that has anything to do with it. Disable custom content and test it, too.
Test Subject
#45 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 4:04 AM
This is absolutely fantastic!!! You are the BEST!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(") (")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Test Subject
#46 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 4:05 AM
Awesome!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ts1&2fanatic
Also if you cancel the action when going to the cell with any sim(teen,child,adult,pregg,non-pregg, etc.) I get an object error.
Is this happening to anyone else?

It says in the first post by Numenor that this will occur.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 4:14 AM Last edited by ts1&2fanatic : 31st Oct 2005 at 4:23 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1&2fanatic
Also if you cancel the action when going to the cell with any sim(teen,child,adult,pregg,non-pregg, etc.) I get an object error.
Is this happening to anyone else?

Quote:
Origionally Posted by Nectere
It says in the first post by Numenor that this will occur.

OK, sorry. I did not go back and read it. I'll edit my post
Field Researcher
#49 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 4:16 AM
Ingenious... VERY cool. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 4:15 AM
This is truly your best work yet! I love it! Thanks so much! You are like a god to us non-modders.

WRONG!! That's a drinking foul!

"No man is worth your tears. And the one that is, won't make you cry." -Author Unknown-

"Love is the ultimate magic, the ultimate spell, without reason, often making no sense."
Page 2 of 20