Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Numenorean Hibernation Cell (Aspiration reward OR Buyable) - *UPD 08 NOV 2006*

by Numenor Posted 31st Oct 2005 at 12:03 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 12:14 PM by -Maylin-

475 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 458 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 20
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#76 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 3:34 PM
Can you make solarium from it?
I wish Sims could change their skintone to more darker after using it

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Field Researcher
#77 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 3:39 PM
This is Awesome numenor!
Test Subject
#78 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 3:47 PM
This is sooooooo great!!!!!!... great job!.. i can't wait to test in on my game ty! for sharing
Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#79 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 4:48 PM
To download this object and not click that little Thanks button would be a sin. Thanks Numenor!

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 5:02 PM
Wow! Love it! What a fantastic idea. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#81 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 5:50 PM
Winter: numenor is right, the animation for getting in is only moved when the position relative to the ground id not changed
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 6:04 PM
That's what I've understood so far...
But maybe the ANIMs aren't still fully decoded: I find very odd that in an object all the mesh parts are bound and linked together in the CRES (so that rotating the root_rot will rotate the entire object), and the animations on the contrary rely on absolute positions for each joints...
So, either Winter is a step behind me, in the comprehension of the ANIMs, or he is a step ahead (which is more probable ).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 6:05 PM
Great object! Any plans on making a stand up version?
Test Subject
#84 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 6:36 PM
i was dreaming about it,no more to say,thank you very very much
Test Subject
#85 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 6:44 PM
u my friend! are GOD in 2 difrent ways!!!!

[COLOR=Black]im not realy evil it mr.simming whos evil![/COLOR]
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 7:01 PM
It's like totally amazing. Could u make it withoutn the text thing plz
#87 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 7:34 PM
sorry
hi I'm having a problem. Whenever I try to install your hibernation cell I get this 'Please double-click a custom content package file to install the content'. I'm sorry but I dont understand what that means do you think you could help?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#88 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 7:56 PM
IrishStar - You don't have to open the .package files using the Maxis installer: you just have to extract them from the rar and copy them in the Downloads folder.

Inverleven5 - I can create a new recolour, where the plaque is invisible, but the part of the cover where the plaque lies will still be flat. Didn't you like the text? I know, I joke too much

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Consciously Undead
retired moderator
#89 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 8:00 PM
Numenor, I was wondering; how did you get this object to appear as an aspiration object?

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 8:26 PM
Very original idea--way cool! Thanks.
Test Subject
#91 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 8:32 PM
u are the best numenor

view my thread about makeing an electric chair at http://modthesims2.com/showthread.p...=Electric+Chair
Test Subject
#92 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 8:52 PM
perfect work, grazie!!

Intel Core I7 [email protected] - Liquid Cooling by Ybris Cooling ACS - ASUS P6T Deluxe X58 - WD Raptor X WD1500AHFD - Cooler Master CM Stacker STC-T01 argento - 4gb Corsair TWIN3X4096 1600 - ZOTAC AMP! GeForce GTX 275 - ENERMAX INFINITI DXX 650W - CREATIVE X-FI TITANIUM FATAL1TY PRO
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 9:31 PM
Could you though make it in the catalog for Residential and community? I wanna build a spa (It kinda looks like a tanning bed!)
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 9:52 PM
Numenor, I've said it before and I'll say it again - As soon as I see your name attached to a new item for download, I get ready to click on the rar or zip file. Wonderful idea!! As Seven4six58three said, it will be great for Legacies!!!

~ Mere
#95 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 10:02 PM
WOW! Thanks!!!!!
OMG!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH NUMENOR!!!!
I have downloaded some of your other things and they are great!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!|I cannot wait to press that little button called "Download" though not before I've pressed the other button "Thank"!!!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFly
Numenor, I was wondering; how did you get this object to appear as an aspiration object?

The "Aspiration" is just like other "catalogue" categories: if you open the OBJD in SimPE, you can select "aspiration" instead of seating, plumbing, etc...

Field Researcher
#97 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 10:52 PM
I have used it and love it, but aging stoped in all three of the three houses that I have one in. If I move a sim out to a test lot they age normally but if they rejoin the family on the lot with the chamber, they don't. I'm not sure if theres a connection- I just wanted to make a observation.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 11:04 PM
You mean the when a sim enters the Hibernator, all the family members stop aging?
At this point, I know the BHAVs contained in the Hibernator quite well, and the effect should be applied only on the hibernated sims.
As a matter of fact, the Hibernator doesn't use any "aging off" routine: it simply stores the age of the sim when he enters the chamber, and restores it continuously during the hibernation.

Anyway, I'm going to check: thanks for reporting.

Field Researcher
#99 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 11:17 PM
wow!!! Numenor this is by far the coolest thing you have made. I love it and thanks
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 11:26 PM
I've tested: in my house, no other sim but the hibernated one is affected by the no-age effect. My household include a child, a teen and two adults, and all of them correctly lose 1 day of life at 6:00 PM.
(Tested with NL patched)

Page 4 of 20