Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Audio/Music Ultra-speed Fix (Updated)

by Shimrod101 Posted 30th Oct 2014 at 10:29 PM - Updated 9th Nov 2014 at 7:18 PM by Shimrod101 : New mod file added

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 10:49 PM
Will this also fix the sound of the piano being played when in fast and ultra fast speeds?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 10:56 PM
thank you so much for these fixes!! I've wanted this mod since the game's release
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 11:11 PM
wow you are so awesome, thanks :-D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 11:27 PM
I Love You Thanks!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimMermaid
Will this also fix the sound of the piano being played when in fast and ultra fast speeds?

With the piano and the other instruments and sims' voices also, the piano song (for example) plays at the normal speed when the game goes to the fast or ultra speed; but the sim finishes playing the song much quicker, and the audio cannot catch up, it's impossible. So the song is cut off, stopped in the middle of the song; and then the next audio song or voice is started up and plays at the normal speed, to go along with the next piano song or the next chat animation a sim is doing.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 1:08 AM
A mush needed mod. Thanks for letting this happen.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 1:16 AM
This was badly needed! Thank you!

I have a concern though. If the Sims' voices remain normal even when you speed up, won't it be totally out of sync when they talk a lot?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 1:19 AM
Thank you for making my game fun again.
Instructor
#10 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 2:07 AM
Any chance you could make a version that only affects the radio?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 3:34 AM
thanks, why did eaxis make it this way?!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 3:50 AM
You fixed a biggest bug,which annoyed me a long time.Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 3:59 AM
Thanks for this. I play my own music and I hated having to stop the music when they went to sleep or to work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 4:07 AM
Thank you, I was hoping someone would be able to fix this!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dellan
I have a concern though. If the Sims' voices remain normal even when you speed up, won't it be totally out of sync when they talk a lot?

If you place the game on fast or ultra-speed, the sims' voice is speaking normally; but then the sim finishes the animation Clip and the next Clip begins, which chops off the current voice and starts up the next voice file. So the sim says 2 or 3 words of a sentence instead of all 8 words in the sentence, for example. If you want to call this 'out of sync' it's fine, call it what you will. But the voice/sound file is simply terminated early, and the next one started up because the Clip calls forth this new voice file.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 9:37 AM
Thank you!! What were Maxis thinking when they did this, because who wants to listen to sped up music?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesammy58
Any chance you could make a version that only affects the radio?

I don't actually know if it can be done or not, because I don't know how these files actually work, how the system works. The files are not identified as "stereo/radio", "sim voice", "piano" or whatever. They say soundplayer or genericplayer at the top, one of them says packetplayer; and then the audio filters are listed up. I do not know what a "packetplayer" is, and I don't know which sound files a soundplayer would be playing instead of the genericplayer (whatever that is).

There are also around 30 of these files all told, the rest of them are not in my mod because there was nothing for me to mod in the other files. I have removed an audio filter called "timestretch" on the files in this mod, which is the offending filter.

I suppose I can try doing these files one by one and hear what happens, in case one of the files is for "sim voices only" and another is for "piano" etc.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:34 AM
Thank you so much for this mod
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 12:21 PM
Thank you Shimrod, you made my day! :) So now i can hear my custom music, when my sims are sleeping. <3
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
If you place the game on fast or ultra-speed, the sims' voice is speaking normally; but then the sim finishes the animation Clip and the next Clip begins, which chops off the current voice and starts up the next voice file. So the sim says 2 or 3 words of a sentence instead of all 8 words in the sentence, for example. If you want to call this 'out of sync' it's fine, call it what you will. But the voice/sound file is simply terminated early, and the next one started up because the Clip calls forth this new voice file.

Okay then that's fine. I was concerned that the voices would severely overlap once I go back to normal speed. I'm fine with the voices chopping off.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 3:21 PM
Thank you so much it was really annoying!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 3:50 PM Last edited by Ravynwolvf : 31st Oct 2014 at 6:42 PM.
I would second the idea of a version that only does the music if at all possible (we're just never satisfied, are we?). It wouldn't matter much on ultra speed; I usually only do that when he's collecting rocks or something, or gardening. so voices wouldn't matter anyway (then again, neither does the music). But as much as I hate the way the music garbles or sounds silly and really would jump at a fix, I almost always play on the fast middle speed, and the voices always being clipped would be a bit much. Thanks in any case for all your work to make the game better.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 5:32 PM
Cool love this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 5:53 PM
Thank you so much, the sound speeding up was so annoying.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ravynwolvf
But as much as I hate the way the music garbles or sounds silly and really would jump at a fix, I almost always play on the fast middle speed, and the voices always being clipped would be a bit much.

Just so you and others know, I never play on anything but normal speed, the same with Sims3 and Sims2 and 1 when I played those. On this game I will turn up the speed if my sim is running up to the Hidden Cave in the Desert Park, because it takes hours for him to get there; and I recall placing the game on the faster speed a few times when my sim was skilling on something boring or reading a book. So the only times I've heard these voices is if I put my sim to bed, and some townies are visiting my house and their voices speed up to the Minnie Mouse Squeak voices, which I thoroughly loathed and despised with a passion!

Page 1 of 4