Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Audio/Music Ultra-speed Fix (Updated)

by Shimrod101 Posted 30th Oct 2014 at 10:29 PM - Updated 9th Nov 2014 at 7:18 PM by Shimrod101 : New mod file added

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 49 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#26 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:48 PM
This is the first and most important mod that I have wanted ever since the game released. You are my hero, Shimrod101. Praised be your name!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 5:10 AM
Was weird when I first had this happened to me. Never happened when I was playing Sims 3. Thanks for the much needed mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 3:43 PM
This mod - was my FIRST gream in TS4! Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 9:52 PM
Thank you good sir, made a thread with this problem a while ago, regardless if you saw it, I thank you again
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 1:49 AM
Another amazing mod. Thanks Shimrod :)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#31 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 1:34 PM
I'm not sure if it's just me, but for me this mod breaks the voice pitch slider in Create A Sim. Once I removed the mod it was all back to normal.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 3:24 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Been bothering me from the start!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#33 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarcyRoars
I'm not sure if it's just me, but for me this mod breaks the voice pitch slider in Create A Sim. Once I removed the mod it was all back to normal.

If one is using my Stand Still In Cas mod the voice pitch slider is already broken; it's necessary to click on the Traits to hear the voice. With the mod here in this thread I can still hear the voices, and hear that they are different.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#34 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 11:57 PM
please make the radio louder volume sucks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 2:23 AM
Big Big Thank You!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 6:58 AM
I've been desperately awaiting this fix. THANK YOU!
Instructor
#37 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 8:56 AM
YOU save my life<3. :lovestruc
Instructor
#38 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
If one is using my Stand Still In Cas mod the voice pitch slider is already broken; it's necessary to click on the Traits to hear the voice. With the mod here in this thread I can still hear the voices, and hear that they are different.

I'm not using the Stand Still in CAS mod. But in any case I'll try what you suggested!

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 8:01 PM
For the love of god, THANK YOU! I really don't like hearing the custom music i put in being sped up like that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 8:38 PM
Thank you soooo very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 10:48 PM
Much appreciated.
Is it possible to change how dramatic the "surround sound" is? For instance when the radio is to the right of the camera, the music is almost completely in the right audio channel. (Weaing headphones makes it extremely obvious). It really irritates my ears hearing blaring sounds in only one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chillf2d
Much appreciated.
Is it possible to change how dramatic the "surround sound" is? For instance when the radio is to the right of the camera, the music is almost completely in the right audio channel. (Weaing headphones makes it extremely obvious). It really irritates my ears hearing blaring sounds in only one.

If you are using the Surround choice in the Options, then I don't know anything about it. I use the standard Stereo sound option and I don't recall the sound or music from the stereos being the way you describe. The main thing I notice is the absurd muffling of the sound when the camera hits one of the walls in the house. Grrrr. But I haven't seen any stereo files which specifically mention this with "surround sound", not that I recall anyway (just like I haven't found the muffling issue). But there are a lot of XML files on the stereos from the combined tuning file, many of them and they're spread out all over under different names.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 3:09 AM
Could you please make another flavor for just the audio fix with stereos (and the voice seperate too for those who want it) if it's not too much trouble please? Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 4:15 AM
MY god, this is awesome!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 11:35 AM
I'm almost in tears. I have been wanting this mod ever since the game came out. I have been checking out simsVIP's "mod releases of the week hoping and prayng for this to be in there an FINALLY! This has been my number 1 mod request since day one because it severely affects my playstyole. Ever since sims2 I have had custom music in th background to set the mood of the story I'm creating but the speeding up made it impossible.

I have even wanted to make a plea in your wide jaw small eyes thread but I didn't want to be rude....

Tank you!!
Test Subject
#46 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 10:45 PM
Hello, I seem to have same problem as MarcyRoars.
It is bug perhaps? When I use this mod in my game, the voice pitch does not change.
Such as if I move the voice slider all the way to the right, the voice does not go higher, but stay the same pitch. I am not using Stand Still In CAS, so that is not a problem.

When I remove this mod, the voice pitch changes with slider as normal. It also affect in Live mode. The Sim voice is not matching the slider pitch when they talking, but if I take the mod out, the voice matches slider pitch.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaiserrath
Hello, I seem to have same problem as MarcyRoars.
It is bug perhaps? When I use this mod in my game, the voice pitch does not change.
Such as if I move the voice slider all the way to the right, the voice does not go higher, but stay the same pitch. I am not using Stand Still In CAS, so that is not a problem.
When I remove this mod, the voice pitch changes with slider as normal. It also affect in Live mode. The Sim voice is not matching the slider pitch when they talking, but if I take the mod out, the voice matches slider pitch.

I cannot notice in the Live game that my sim's voice pitch has changed; I also know the voices of Bella Goth and the Caliente mom very well, and I cannot hear that they have changed. Doesn't mean that it isn't happening though. To be precisely clear: You are playing the live game in Normal Speed, and the voice pitches are changed, yes?

I haven't gotten very far with separating the Stereo Music file(s) (or functionality or whatever) from the others, but have started on it, so we will have to see how it goes.

In the meantime, the files in my mod were not altered in the Nov.4th patch, so the mod is OK with the current patch level.

Test Subject
#48 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
To be precisely clear: You are playing the live game in Normal Speed, and the voice pitches are changed, yes?

Hi, yes, that is right. It is normal speed and when I use this mod my Sim voice is not matching the slider pitch. I forgot to mention that I notice this on male Sims. I have some male Sims with lighter voices and I notice right away their voice change to deep voice, it is not suppose to be so. I didn't check female Sim if they are affected, I forgot. So sorry. :s
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 4:14 PM Last edited by alexims : 6th Nov 2014 at 10:55 PM.
Finally!!! A must have mod. Big thanks!!!

EDIT: I have same problem as MarcyRoars and kaiserrath. If I remove this mod the voice of my sim works well, but with this mod installed I can only hear the bass tones.

I don't have Stand Still In Cas mod installed and, like kaiserrath says, this happens in Normal Speed...

Anyway, thanks for your work ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 12:38 AM
Finally!!!can't thank enough!!!This is so awesome!!!!QAQ
Page 2 of 4