Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cooking and Ingredients Overhaul + More Nectar Ingredients

by Cinderellimouse Posted 22nd Feb 2015 at 1:19 PM - Updated 15th Jul 2015 at 1:20 PM by Cinderellimouse

161 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 123 Feedback Posts, 37 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 12:07 PM
Thanks Deeney! *^.^*

Hi Mistletoe143! Icarus' 'cook with any ingredients' mod seem to be fine, I was testing it last night. I'm not familiar with the mod, but it allowed me to choose any ingredients for the new recipes, and I didn't get shouted at by ErrorTrap at all. I'll check the professional juice bar mod soon.

The mod here is a new version which is combined with the Overhaul mod. I took apart my old mod/mods and re-jigged them to make them compatible with the Overhaul mod. I recommend removing the old mod from my blog and installing the new 'Overhaul and Nectar', and also the 'Greek' mod to get all the new features.

Hope that helps!
Test Subject
#27 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 5:36 PM
hey I have been playing with this for the last two days and have noticed the crystal flowers from into the future don't show up in game any more. just wanted to let u know so that u could take a look at it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 7:57 PM
Hi bitzie21, thanks for the info! I checked the mod and my game and everything is working fine for me: I checked a 'wild' one and some that had been pre-planted by my sims before I installed the mod and everything is in working order (see pics below).

Did you use one of the older versions of the mod? The Overhaul, Nectar and Greek mods all used to override the plants list. They no longer need to do this with the CCLoader, so that file is not included. The mod should not affect the official plants at all, it only adds new custom plants using new resource ids.

I'm thinking maybe you could try deleting your cache files: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...ache-files.html

Also, could you be using another mod that might override the plants file? Anything else to do with gardening?
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 9:33 PM
Thanks for this! I loved both mods but couldnt use them both at the same time until now.Will test this out now..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 10:56 PM
Hope you have fun shancros!

I've been testing the mods that kociara81 queried (see the previous comments), I just threw them all into the game together and then checked the features one-by-one and the good news is they all seem fine! \o/

Most of the mods add new interactions, rather than overriding files, so these rarely cause conflicts. And where resources are overwritten, these have been different xmls to the ones used here.

So, here are my brief notes on the findings:

So I'm pretty happy with this. I'll update the mod description with the compatible mods list tomorrow.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 12:09 AM
I'm a little disappointed there aren't any gyros, but otherwise this is awesome!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 9:28 AM
Ah, I love chicken gyros! We had one every single day last time we went to Greece! XD I'll add it to the to-do list. :-)
Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 2:51 PM Last edited by kociara81 : 26th Feb 2015 at 6:00 PM.
It's great that most of the mods work without any problem \o/.

But there are two mods that some people can use and It may conflict with Cooking and Ingredients Overhaul.

Did you remember this broken corn stalk soil form "Grandpa's Grove" store set? Douglasveiga made working fix for it (http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...53#post4313153). Some people prefer this corn more than corn form Brunch at the Old Mill set. The best option would be as separate version.

Douglasveiga also made Strawberry Plant mod (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=516243) and other people prefer this strawberries from those created by EA. Another version who support these strawberries instead of those from EA would also be good.

I don't use these mods but I know lot of other people use it.

Edit: I also made Polish translation for your mods. Here is the translated strings (It took me a long time.):
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  PL_Strings_K81.7z (3.1 KB, 10 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kociara81
Edit: I also made Polish translation for your mods. Here is the translated strings (It took me a long time.):

Brilliant! Thank you for doing that!

I'll pop the note about the corn and strawberries on my to-do list.
Scholar
#35 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 2:19 PM
Icarus updated his 'Cook With Any Ingredient' mod to be compatible with Ani's 'No Shopping from Fridge' mod on 14th Feb (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523004)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 6:14 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#37 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kimlupai
As you are continuing to work on this mod, could I second kociara81 ideas? If you have the time and inclination, I've often wished that there was a "flour" ingredient for the baking station and pizza oven. I did look at Douglas_Veiga's CC Loader generator and while I think I could have done the tuning, I was totally at a loss for how to add the graphics, I know there was a deco bag of flour in the Deliciously Indulgent Bakery store set but how to use those resources was beyond me.

I feel your pain Kimlupai. I saw the CC Loader and got super excited. Then I realized how much I would have to learn to do to use it, tried for about 3 days, and got overwhelmed. Thank goodness for people like Cinderellimouse who are geniuses and can figure it all out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:25 PM
CerezaDeliciosa You're welcome! :-D

Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Icarus updated his 'Cook With Any Ingredient' mod to be compatible with Ani's 'No Shopping from Fridge' mod on 14th Feb (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523004)

Aaaaah! I read it again and it sounds like he updated Ani's mod at Nraas? I tried the MTS version. I'll fire up the game with the Nraas version and see. I did try to fix it myself but lost some interactions. I'm sure Icarus will have been a lot more successful than me! *^.^*

Quote: Originally posted by marissg3
I feel your pain Kimlupai. I saw the CC Loader and got super excited. Then I realized how much I would have to learn to do to use it, tried for about 3 days, and got overwhelmed. Thank goodness for people like Cinderellimouse who are geniuses and can figure it all out.

Ha ha! I'm not a genius! Douglasveiga is the genius! I'd been trying to add custom ingredients to the game for well over a year before I finally got the courage to ask for advice. I'd tried what felt like everything and was so frustrated! With Douglas' help it's super simple, once you know the steps. I'm going to write up a tutorial soon, but I think I'm to tired to do it today. I'd break something!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 9:16 AM
its not showing up in the game. i have the cc loader also...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grittylomein
its not showing up in the game. i have the cc loader also...

Could you give me some more details please? Which mods did you install, the Overhaul, Greek, or both? What exactly isn't showing? What have you tried?
Test Subject
#41 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinderellimouse
Could you give me some more details please? Which mods did you install, the Overhaul, Greek, or both? What exactly isn't showing? What have you tried?

i installed both. that pop up that shows what mods you have in the game on the main screen shows that its in the game, but nothing actually shows up in game (the ingredents, new dishes any of the combined blackcat007 overhaul stuff). i also have the mods that you stated were compatible, so im not sure what i did wrong.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grittylomein
i installed both. that pop up that shows what mods you have in the game on the main screen shows that its in the game, but nothing actually shows up in game (the ingredents, new dishes any of the combined blackcat007 overhaul stuff). i also have the mods that you stated were compatible, so im not sure what i did wrong.

So, the ingredients are not showing at the grocery store at all? Do you have other mods that are working?

Maybe you need to delete your cache files. See here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...ache-files.html
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 4:05 AM
Can't wait to try this out.
Theorist
#44 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 8:03 PM
Can't wait to try this in the next few days - will report back.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#45 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cinderellimouse
So, the ingredients are not showing at the grocery store at all? Do you have other mods that are working?

Maybe you need to delete your cache files. See here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...ache-files.html

i tried that, i also tried all the files and it just doesnt show up. sucks that i cant use it, but im not sure what to do...
Mad Poster
#46 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 9:35 PM
I'm having an issue where my sim won't cook certain things. Also, the getting quick meal 'Tzatziki' doesnt work. :/
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 11:11 PM
Hi Cinderellimouse!

I've noticed the recipes default ingredients are not displayed at the top of the selection window by icarus_allsorts "Cook With Any Ingredient Mod" when I have this mod of yours installed. For example, the Spaghetti recipe usually has Onion, Spaghetti and Tomato but with your mods installed it shows nothing at all. With Mac & Cheese, it usually shows Cheese, Macaroni and Milk but with your mod it's only showing Cheese.

I'm using the following versions of your mod:-
Cinderellimod_Edited_CookingAndIngredientsOverhaul_NectarMod
Cinderellimod_GreekRecipesPlantsIngredients_FullVersion
douglasveiga's CCLoader package

When I take the above three mods out and put back anak_ponti's Cooking and Ingredients Overhaul mod, the
default ingredients come back.

Is there a conflict going on here? Would really appreciate it if you could look into this for me as I love what you've done with this mod.

Many thanks. :-)

Edit: Added recipe info.
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kociara81
It's great that most of the mods work without any problem \o/.

But there are two mods that some people can use and It may conflict with Cooking and Ingredients Overhaul.

Did you remember this broken corn stalk soil form "Grandpa's Grove" store set? Douglasveiga made working fix for it (http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...53#post4313153). Some people prefer this corn more than corn form Brunch at the Old Mill set. The best option would be as separate version.

Douglasveiga also made Strawberry Plant mod (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=516243) and other people prefer this strawberries from those created by EA. Another version who support these strawberries instead of those from EA would also be good.

I don't use these mods but I know lot of other people use it.

how do i use this (where do i place it?)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 7:44 PM
Hi everyone! Just a quick message to say I haven't deserted you! I have two essays to complete this week and it's absorbing a lot of my time. I'll be able to look into the issues some more soon.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#50 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 7:49 PM
Okay, I've started using this now. Massive mod, one of the best ever. To use douglasveiga's Strawberry mod with this mod I had to put strawberry into my overrides folder. Then I have both greek honey and strawberries (in misc) show up at the store. So i guess they work together.
Page 2 of 7