Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Hobby Traits

by kutto Posted 10th Jun 2019 at 7:06 PM - Updated 25th Oct 2021 at 3:19 AM by kutto : New translation

96 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Seyjin
In my game, none of the sims that have a custom trait have any info on their profile.

What traits does that Sim have? Do you have any other mods installed?

-- For a full list of all of my most up-to-date mods, check out my itch.io profile . For troubleshooting and chat, join my Discord server . For progress updates and access to beta versions of my newer mods, please consider contributing to my Patreon. --
Field Researcher
#77 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 3:32 AM Last edited by _xKindredxSoulsx_ : 14th Nov 2020 at 3:50 AM.
I have seen confirmed from another moddder (NiskaK) that custom traits are breaking the new sim profile and need to be update, but I do not know in what way they are broken. She has included a fix with her mod so she must know what's going on. Unfortunately I only know her from lovers lab which is an 18+ site.

[Edit] : Just saw, Triplis might also know something and he/she was on this site. Don't know if they still are as they've moved their traits to a github. Nisa however includes a "patch" essentially to fix the missing traits that updating apparently creates. Might be worth looking into how she did that if you had the time motivation and ability.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#78 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by _xKindredxSoulsx_
I have seen confirmed from another moddder (NiskaK) that custom traits are breaking the new sim profile and need to be update, but I do not know in what way they are broken. She has included a fix with her mod so she must know what's going on. Unfortunately I only know her from lovers lab which is an 18+ site.

[Edit] : Just saw, Triplis might also know something and he/she was on this site. Don't know if they still are as they've moved their traits to a github. Nisa however includes a "patch" essentially to fix the missing traits that updating apparently creates. Might be worth looking into how she did that if you had the time motivation and ability.

Traits break the Sim Profile if their Tuning ID is 64-bit. It was the same problem that caused other custom traits to be impossible for other Sims to learn no matter how many times you used the "Get To Know" social. My traits use 32-bit IDs and always have in order to avoid this error.

-- For a full list of all of my most up-to-date mods, check out my itch.io profile . For troubleshooting and chat, join my Discord server . For progress updates and access to beta versions of my newer mods, please consider contributing to my Patreon. --
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 7:01 AM Last edited by Seyjin : 14th Nov 2020 at 7:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kutto
What traits does that Sim have? Do you have any other mods installed?

This sim has the Competitive trait. I also tried Wordly and a trait from another mod that has normally been updated (pasrty lover).

[edit] My bad. I’m so sorry. I hadn't thought that by changing the traits of a sim, other sims would still think the sim had the old trait. I’ve removed buggy traits mods and it works.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 3:19 AM
Traits break the Sim Profile if their Tuning ID is 64-bit. It was the same problem that caused other custom traits to be impossible for other Sims to learn no matter how many times you used the "Get To Know" social. My traits use 32-bit IDs and always have in order to avoid this error.

That's what I thought I was gleaning from Triplis' post, but I don't really mod so wasn't sure. Is that something easy to change I wonder? Do you know of a good how to that might help if so? Like to update any old traits that may not get an update myself if necessary, but don't know how complicated it is and I only have Sims4Studio at this time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#81 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by _xKindredxSoulsx_
That's what I thought I was gleaning from Triplis' post, but I don't really mod so wasn't sure. Is that something easy to change I wonder? Do you know of a good how to that might help if so? Like to update any old traits that may not get an update myself if necessary, but don't know how complicated it is and I only have Sims4Studio at this time.

Changing the traits from 64-bit to 32-bit in Sims 4 Studio is relatively easy. All you need to change is a couple values on the Trait Tuning and its matching SimData (they will have the same Instance and will likely be sorted next to one another in S4S's interface). Use S4S's Hash Generator tool and copy the name of the trait tuning into the text box. Make sure the High Bit checkbox is on, and then copy the decimal value from the FNV32 box and paste that into the tuning ID box in the trait tuning's Data tab. The Instance code in the box above should automatically change after you edit the tuning ID. Copy that Instance hex and paste it over the Instance of the SimData so that they match again. That should be all you need to fix the UI issues. If the trait is not being kept up by its creator, though, then new issues might show up later with patches and I can't guarantee those will be easy to fix.

Field Researcher
#82 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 9:49 PM Last edited by _xKindredxSoulsx_ : 22nd Nov 2020 at 10:00 PM.
Changing the traits from 64-bit to 32-bit in Sims 4 Studio is relatively easy. All you need to change is a couple values on the Trait Tuning and its matching SimData (they will have the same Instance and will likely be sorted next to one another in S4S's interface). Use S4S's Hash Generator tool and copy the name of the trait tuning into the text box. Make sure the High Bit checkbox is on, and then copy the decimal value from the FNV32 box and paste that into the tuning ID box in the trait tuning's Data tab. The Instance code in the box above should automatically change after you edit the tuning ID. Copy that Instance hex and paste it over the Instance of the SimData so that they match again. That should be all you need to fix the UI issues. If the trait is not being kept up by its creator, though, then new issues might show up later with patches and I can't guarantee those will be easy to fix.

Oh, of course in the long run this one quick fix won't be enough without updates, but for now it is and thank you for sharing. Off to go see if I did that right.

[Edit]: By the way I very much appreciate that you keep your traits updated. Not everyone does.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#83 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 12:39 AM
Your traits are my favorites! I was wondering if you plan to include knitting into one, maybe Artisan, or maybe a new crafty type trait. I don't think there's any traits that affect knitting other than creative giving the inspired buff. It would be fun to get special moodlets and whims for knitting! Thank you for your hard work!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 8th Jan 2021 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Veralidaine
Your traits are my favorites! I was wondering if you plan to include knitting into one, maybe Artisan, or maybe a new crafty type trait. I don't think there's any traits that affect knitting other than creative giving the inspired buff. It would be fun to get special moodlets and whims for knitting! Thank you for your hard work!

Thank you! The newest version of Artisan should already give a bonus for knitting. If it doesn't happen in your game after updating the traits, please let me know.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 5:25 PM
Thank you SOOO much! I have always loved your traits, and now I had to download them on another computer and it just made me so happy to have them all in one place!
Instructor
#86 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 9:06 AM
Thank you so much for creating these traits, Kutto! It is beyond refreshing to find traits that are both useful and consistently updated.

I'm not sure if you would consider it, but given that these traits are centered around hobbies, I thought it couldn't hurt to ask...
Could you possibly create a trait for sims whose particular hobby is to be fascinated over the paranormal aspects of the game? There used to be two different custom traits for sims who were fascinated by extraterrestrials and such, but they both stopped working long ago. They reminded me very much of Knowledge sims from TS2...open-minded and interested in otherworldly aspects without being considered unhealthy.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 31st Jan 2021 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
Thank you so much for creating these traits, Kutto! It is beyond refreshing to find traits that are both useful and consistently updated.

I'm not sure if you would consider it, but given that these traits are centered around hobbies, I thought it couldn't hurt to ask...
Could you possibly create a trait for sims whose particular hobby is to be fascinated over the paranormal aspects of the game? There used to be two different custom traits for sims who were fascinated by extraterrestrials and such, but they both stopped working long ago. They reminded me very much of Knowledge sims from TS2...open-minded and interested in otherworldly aspects without being considered unhealthy.

Hi there, and thank you for the kind words! Do you have links to the older versions of these mods so I can get a better idea of what they did? I can at the very least take a look.

Instructor
#88 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 5:24 PM
Hi there, and thank you for the kind words! Do you have links to the older versions of these mods so I can get a better idea of what they did? I can at the very least take a look.

Thank you so much for responding back!

I had to do some digging because most of the traits were deleted. The one that I miss the most is Space Nerd. It was created by Staarchild.

There's a small description of it here:
https://sims4downloads.net/mod-the-...-by-staarchild/

"These sims are obsessed with the stars above and whatever may be lurking in them. They are fascinated by alien life and want to explore any other worlds they can find. They have a natural talent for all mental skills, but especially rocket science. Sometimes they may become Fascinated by Space, which means they ignore everything else but their love for space!"

I actually still have the mod itself. Let me know if you want me to send it to you in some way.

I seem to recall that Space Nerd was recommended to be used with this (apparently no longer updated) aspiration: https://modthesims.info/d/624374/uf...-100-patch.html

so that might give some clues, too.

The outdated trait Conspiracy Enthusiast by chozobo also had some merit: https://modthesims.info/d/615252/co...stom-trait.html

There's also another trait that was less centered around extraterrestrials, but divided its attentions between all the supernatural types:

https://sims4downloads.net/mod-the-...t-by-galaxyvic/

It has also sadly been deleted, but I think that one was probably based on the trait of the same name that was featured in The Sims 3 Supernatural: https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/...rnaturalfan.php

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 1:22 AM
Finally some traits I like. Thanks a ton
Test Subject
#90 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 1:39 PM
I'm not sure if it's just this particular trait or a game bug, but sims with the Tinker trait continue to get the tense buff whenever they've gone awhile without tinkering. This is despite the fact I've changed their personality traits. The reason I'm not sure is because in the sim's profile, their traits just keeps adding up after changing them, instead of keeping to the current three traits. Any help would be appreciated.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#91 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Madavery
I'm not sure if it's just this particular trait or a game bug, but sims with the Tinker trait continue to get the tense buff whenever they've gone awhile without tinkering. This is despite the fact I've changed their personality traits. The reason I'm not sure is because in the sim's profile, their traits just keeps adding up after changing them, instead of keeping to the current three traits. Any help would be appreciated.

This is a game issue that's been around forever. Normally, you aren't supposed to be able to remove traits so the game isn't prepared to deal with this situation. I can possibly add something as a workaround for the tense traits in a future update, but the Sim Profile stuff is likely unavoidable without uninstalling the traits entirely.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 10:18 AM
Love it so much! Especially Worldly!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 10:46 PM
Thank you so much for these traits, they are so lacking in this game even after almost 7 years and a tone of packs...
I do have a suggestion if you are open : what about taking into account the Voidcritter Battle Station from Kids Room Stuff for the Competitive trait ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 12:00 PM
Thank you, this is perfect!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 5:26 AM
Hello, I found that your mod only has traditional Chinese, I made simplified Chinese for this purpose, here is the link:http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2777371/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#96 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AJia
Hello, I found that your mod only has traditional Chinese, I made simplified Chinese for this purpose, here is the link:http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2777371/

Thank you very much! I've added these to the mod now, and added your name to the credits.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#97 Old 25th Oct 2021 at 6:40 PM
Always a huge fan of your work!
Page 4 of 4