Replies: 25231 (Who?), Viewed: 688596 times.
Page 994 of 1010
Top Secret Researcher
#24826 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 3:54 AM
Maybe she could be renamed Nickie? I personally don't plan to rename her in my uberhood, but I think that's what I'd pick if I were going to.
Scholar
#24827 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 6:18 PM
Does getting a drink from a bar in-game count towards lowering someone's temp? It's hooked to hunger I know but drinking from the juice keg will lower a temp but I've never noticed that with the bar.
Field Researcher
#24828 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 6:38 PM
So now in my clean Strangetown, all my graves have disappeared. This includes on Olive Specter's lot and the grave of PT#9, which I did move to the community graveyard in the proper way and so should have been safe.

Question: Is this a problem? Do I have to bring these graves back? I am not playing these lots. Or can I just not worry about it. The Sims they are attached to are resurrectable, so I assume their character data is fine.
Instructor
#24829 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 8:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
Did anyone ever rename Bottom Summerdream? If so, what'd you name her? I'm thinking of shortening it to Bo. Not great, but it's a nod to the original name without being ridiculous, imo. (I wanted to come up with a name using only the original letters, but I'm drawing a blank.)

I named her India, after Titania's changeling child from the play. I also renamed the Monty twins to Viola and Sebastian after a tumblr post I came across complained that they were named after a married couple (ew) and not an actual pair of twins from his plays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturlington
So now in my clean Strangetown, all my graves have disappeared. This includes on Olive Specter's lot and the grave of PT#9, which I did move to the community graveyard in the proper way and so should have been safe.

That's happened to me once (in Pleasantview) too, I don't know the cause of it, but if you have nounlinkondelete I think you'll be fine, save for Olive's garden being empty.
Mad Poster
#24830 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 8:29 PM
Quote:
Did anyone ever rename Bottom Summerdream? If so, what'd you name her? I'm thinking of shortening it to Bo. Not great, but it's a nod to the original name without being ridiculous, imo. (I wanted to come up with a name using only the original letters, but I'm drawing a blank.)

I rename Bottom to Peaseblossom. And Puck to Robin.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#24831 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 9:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
That's happened to me once (in Pleasantview) too, I don't know the cause of it, but if you have nounlinkondelete I think you'll be fine, save for Olive's garden being empty.

Thanks, yes, I do have that, and I can respawn the tombstones or even resurrect the sims no problem, so I think it's fine. I did respawn a few for Olive's garden; I just didn't want to do them all!

Just for anecdata, and knowing that correlation is not causation, I think the missing tombstones may have been the result of restoring a backup. I know the last time I looked at Olive's lot, there were ghosts there on the lot because I waited until morning came to save the lot. I made a backup last night, and after fiddling with some stuff this morning, I decided to wind back to the backup. Then looked at Olive's lot, and no tombstones, but she was still mopping up the water the ghosts left.
Mad Poster
#24832 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 11:13 PM
Quote:

I always rename her "Mab" because she's usually such a brat in my games.
Top Secret Researcher
#24833 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 4:28 AM
Thanks for the input, everyone. I was looking up Bottom's family tree to get some inspiration and realized the wiki has her translated names, too: Silvia in Danish, Babs in Dutch, Andrea in German, and Flor in Spanish, to name a few. Normally I'd probably wonder at the wild translations, but all of those are infinitely better names in this case! (I just can't fathom the idea that anyone would look at a child and decide to call it Bottom--fairy or no. :P) And there's Bothilde in Norwegian, too, which for some reason gives me the urge to use it and make her a zombie.

Anyway, new question: does antiredundancy work for the head witches? I've got five in my Veronaville--and that's only after I moved one in, so apparently I had six. Now that I think about it, how's it supposed to work anyway? If I'm only supposed to get one of each npc, it's definitely not been working as I usually have the normal 3 maids, and at least 2 of everything else.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#24834 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 6:05 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 14th Sep 2020 at 6:23 AM. Reason: Added relevant quotation
Quote:
And there's Bothilde in Norwegian, too, which for some reason gives me the urge to use it and make her a zombie.
Personally I'd rather be called Bottom, and be alive, than be called Bothilde, and be a zombie. If the price of getting a polite, sensible name is becoming a zombie, then I'd rather keep my rude, silly name. Ask the girl and see what she thinks.

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." William Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet, Act 2 Scene 2

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#24835 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 8:34 AM
Quote:

What I can't figure out is why she's female when Bottom was a man (and also not a fairy). But his full name was Nick Bottom, so Nick ... Nicola?
Top Secret Researcher
#24836 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 9:01 AM
I mean, both Bottom and Puck are adopted, so there's no particular reason they actually need to be fairies. I actually play with a fairy life state in my game and didn't make Bottom a fairy for that reason.
Instructor
#24837 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 9:05 AM
Quote:
Anyway, new question: does antiredundancy work for the head witches? I've got five in my Veronaville--and that's only after I moved one in, so apparently I had six. Now that I think about it, how's it supposed to work anyway? If I'm only supposed to get one of each npc, it's definitely not been working as I usually have the normal 3 maids, and at least 2 of everything else.

Did you have them spawned by that one debug object? Because that one spawns the default amount of NPCs, even if you have antiredundancy. That mod just makes it so that as long as you still have one of those NPCs the game won't generate a new one. At least that's what it does in my game, with the head witches too. And there are supposed to be six head witches in the apartment life stealth hood, with one replacing the other when they move in.
Mad Poster
#24838 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 1:01 PM
The NPC and Townie Maker ("townie gun") only has "make all" options for Townies/Downtownies,Base Game NPCs and EP2 NPCs (Nightlife). The mailbox in my game only has options to make NPCs individually.

Anti-redundancy should ban all NPCs from being created if you have an up-to-date version of the mod, and I assume you do. It sounds like the game is ignoring Anti-redundancy for some reason. Have you checked for conflicts with the HCDU to see if some other mod is overriding Anti-redundancy? Also be aware that Anti-redundancy may not prevent the initial spawning of stealth neighborhood NPCs when a neighborhood is first created. You need to put empty stealth 'hood templates in your game for that (see below).

I use Jawusa's empty stealth 'hood templates. These not only prevent family bin sims (Traveler family, Newson family, Ottomas family, etc.) from being added every time a new base neighborhood is created, but also prevent the associated NPCs from being created (Freetime's hobby leaders, Apartment Life's head witches, etc.). Empty stealth templates combined with Anti-redundancy should ensure that NPCs only appear in your neighborhood when the game actually needs one and even then it will only spawn ONE NPC of that type.
https://modthesims.info/d/520751/cl...-templates.html
Theorist
#24839 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 2:17 PM Last edited by Essa : 14th Sep 2020 at 5:33 PM. Reason: Typo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
What I can't figure out is why she's female when Bottom was a man (and also not a fairy). But his full name was Nick Bottom, so Nick ... Nicola?

I searched for the name Bottom and found out it was a male name.
I also checked to see what's her name in French is: Boutondor which refer to a plant with yellow flowers. The translation in English is buttercup.

Quote:

It does in my game. I only have one of the needed NPC in my current hood.
I do have two firefighters though. I have the more fires mod in my game and one wasn't enough to extinguish the intense fire at the orphanage.
Theorist
DELETED POST
14th Sep 2020 at 2:22 PM
This message has been deleted by Essa. Reason: To avoid double posting
Field Researcher
#24840 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 6:22 PM
Question about double posting
- Obviously, it's not something we're supposed to do because these are forums where people are having conversations, rather than one person just talking to a void, so back to posts don't generally make sense, except when they do.

For instance, in my Vote on what happens in my game thread, I have lately been the only one posting since I figured out how to make it easy to vote just by using the reactions. So people are reacting to the posts, and therefore my continuing to post makes sense, but technically I am still double posting (or triple or whatever).
Or if I start doing a challenge, and not a lot of others are doing the same challenge, and I want to post my updates, then that might also result in double posts. (BTW - I want to do the Bachelorette Challenge, but the only rule reference I can find on MTS2 is an asylum-style variant. Am I missing an already existing convo?)

I don't want to break the rules of the forum, but I am assuming that the moderators are evaluating whether these things are people just flooding threads or if there's community engagement and we're honouring the purpose of the rule, but the context is an acceptable exemption. Is that right?
Theorist
#24841 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 6:46 PM
For me double posting is posting something at 19h45 for example and then posting something else a few minutes later.
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
#24842 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 7:21 PM
Context and usage of a thread is taken into account for posting rules.  The way you are using the thread and the buttons for voting means there will be few actual posts, so everything you are doing is fine.  Most of the time any of the regular posters here in discussion don't multi post, and if someone did I would just ask that you edit your last post instead.
Theorist
#24843 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 7:51 PM
I'm wondering why widowed sims get the memory "Having an affair" when it's not the case.
I was thinking Pes' marriage-postmortum hack would prevent this. It seems that I'm wrong.
How can I fix this beside deleting the memory?
Top Secret Researcher
#24844 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 11:40 PM
This doesn't actually happen under normal circumstances. You may need to "fix dead romances" with the lot debugger if something is broken.
Lab Assistant
#24845 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa
I'm wondering why widowed sims get the memory "Having an affair" when it's not the case.

This happens in my game too and it always really annoyed me. That and when another sim flirts with them and they get the "affair" memory.
Top Secret Researcher
#24846 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 1:29 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 15th Sep 2020 at 3:12 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clashfan
Thing is even when I make a sim selectable they don't have an option to use the shower. Weird.
Of course, they also work in dorms but it's been so long since I played one of those it didn't pop into my mind. The only bathing related hack I seem to have is one from Pescado called stinkydormies.fix. That is to make dormies use the shower in the first place. I'll take that out and see if it makes any difference.
I've only really noticed this since installing a fitness decay hack so some of my sims are spending more time in the gym.

EDIT: That is a TwoJeffs mod, not a Pescado mod. I've removed it I'll see if it makes a difference. I've been through everything and other than Bathroom Uses You, which is Pescado, I don't have a single mod relating to plumbing. "scratches head" Maybe I'll just go back to ignoring the stinky gym sims and leave it be.

@ Clashfan
Squinge has a mod whose file name is OFBShowerBath.package that you might find helpful you can find it on InSiminator.org in Squinge's section. Right now I think it is most likely named something else on the InSim site, but I am pretty that you can find it if you go and browse through Squinge's mods. I know that I have no trouble having my Sims shower on community lots with that shower.

Note that I also use Christianlov's_NoPrivacyBathroom and Christianlov's_NoPrivacyToilet and Squinge's MoreHygieneCommunalShower.

Also I don't use Pescado's Bathroomusesyou, so that might be the problem.

What mods do you have relating to Showers and Bathrooms?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#24847 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 3:34 AM
I'm playing with Chris Hatch's Community Lot Time mod, and you know that little pop-up that's supposed to tell you how many hours before the sim comes home? It's empty. Has been since I first installed the mod.

So, in the interests of being lazy, before I start sorting mods, if I decide to bother, has anyone had this occur before, and remember what the conflict might be?

Mods I have affecting text in the game and/or creating pop-ups include ACR, Batbox, all those little 'fix' texts, the School of Life (which also is missing its texts and always has been, like I said, if I bother) . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#24848 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 4:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbee
I'm playing with Chris Hatch's Community Lot Time mod, and you know that little pop-up that's supposed to tell you how many hours before the sim comes home? It's empty. Has been since I first installed the mod.

So, in the interests of being lazy, before I start sorting mods, if I decide to bother, has anyone had this occur before, and remember what the conflict might be?

Mods I have affecting text in the game and/or creating pop-ups include ACR, Batbox, all those little 'fix' texts, the School of Life (which also is missing its texts and always has been, like I said, if I bother) . . .

Did you get the updated version of my Secondary Aspiration Attraction mod ? I updated it in June because before the update it could in some cases cause empty popups to appear.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
Mad Poster
#24849 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 4:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbee

In my game, Crammyboy's old Community Time mod conflicted with either dickhurt's "Taxi Charges Money" or "Vehicles Cost Money To Drive" (possibly both) and caused a blank dialog box. Chris Hatch's version of the mod also produces a blank dialog box. I haven't tested, but I assume the conflict is caused by the same mod(s).
Scholar
#24850 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 5:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordtyger9
@ Clashfan
What mods do you have relating to Showers and Bathrooms?
The only mod I have related is Pescado's Bathroom uses you. The privacy stuff and shooing do not bother me so I don't mod any of that or I should say that Pescado's mod controls things in such a way I don't feel the need to modify further. I will say I did find the Squinge mod you recommended and chose the option that allowed for sims to use any shower on any community lot. It did work for me as I tested it in my campus gym.
I've no idea what caused the initial issue and it might be as RoxEllen suggested that I'm having a mysterious conflict with something completely unrelated. The hard part about trying to track that is I'm not sure when the issue even started. It could have been happening from the beginning of this hood and I'm just now noticing it. Anyway doesn't matter as I said that Squinge mod solved the problem and they can now use the showers. Thanks for the help!
Page 994 of 1010