1 people viewing
Replies: 25234 (Who?), Viewed: 688683 times.
Page 996 of 1010
Lab Assistant
#24876 Old 18th Sep 2020 at 10:57 PM
Is it normal for a sim to wish to interact with a sim they never met before? My sim had two wishes with this female sim which she never met before. She wanted to talk and dance with her. I forgot what her name was but I checked her relationships panel and there was no trace of this sim in there.
Field Researcher
#24877 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 5:45 AM
Hello all, does anyone know which default face template Melody Tinker uses?
Theorist
#24878 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 6:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroboys008
Hello all, does anyone know which default face template Melody Tinker uses?

Sim: Full Face: Eyebrows: Eyes: Nose: Mouth: Jaw: Customised:
Melody Tinker 15 Archceth 15 Archceth 15 Archceth 15 Archceth 15 Archceth 15 Archceth Full Face/Eyebrows/Eyes/Nose/Mouth/Jaw

C.Syde has listed all (think it's all, though it's broken up into parts) the premade sims faces. It's broke down into 3 parts. Above into was found in part one.
Part one
Part two
Part three
Mad Poster
#24879 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyangrysim974
Is it normal for a sim to wish to interact with a sim they never met before? My sim had two wishes with this female sim which she never met before. She wanted to talk and dance with her. I forgot what her name was but I checked her relationships panel and there was no trace of this sim in there.

Yes, if your Sim scopes the room and sees someone they like, they'll roll wants to interact with them whether they've met them or not.
Lab Assistant
#24880 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 5:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushigal007
Yes, if your Sim scopes the room and sees someone they like, they'll roll wants to interact with them whether they've met them or not.

Weird, I don't never used the scope room interaction using this specific sim though, especially since she was a work friend which my sim moved in. The name of the sim my sim wants to interact with is called "Starla" and she is a dark skinned woman (maybe short haired aswell). I don't think she showed up at the chemistry panel aswell, but I will check it again when I boot my game up.
Inventor
#24881 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 7:44 PM
How do I recolor an in-game poster? Like the 'Surfing the Universe'(?) alien poster; I think it came with University but I'm not sure.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#24882 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 7:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
How do I recolor an in-game poster? Like the 'Surfing the Universe'(?) alien poster; I think it came with University but I'm not sure.

With SimPE - and a whole slew of tutorials HERE

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Inventor
#24883 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 8:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineTCJD
With SimPE - and a whole slew of tutorials HERE

Can you tell I'm rusty ; playing final fantasy 14 for 2 months straight does things to you :p. A million thanks, Catherine

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Field Researcher
#24884 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 8:30 PM
This is kind of driving me crazy. I have been searching to no avail for an answer to this question.

I finally got around to downloading some default CC replacements, mainly for hair. It works great. However, now I want to change some Sims' hair using the Change Appearance function on a mirror. When the choices come up, some of the thumbnails show the new hairs and some show the old ones. But when you click on a thumbnail that shows the old hair, the replacement actually appears on the Sim. So there's no way to tell what the hair looks like without clicking on the thumbnail.

Here's what I've done so far, to no avail: deleted all .cache files, deleted thumbnails folder, deleted cigen.package, opened body shop and created a sim (I can see the replacements in there), opened CAS in game and created a sim (I cannot see all of the default replacements in there). I can live with this but it's annoying if there's something I'm overlooking. I am playing on a Mac if that makes a difference.
Scholar
#24885 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 8:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturlington
This is kind of driving me crazy. I have been searching to no avail for an answer to this question.

I finally got around to downloading some default CC replacements, mainly for hair. It works great. However, now I want to change some Sims' hair using the Change Appearance function on a mirror. When the choices come up, some of the thumbnails show the new hairs and some show the old ones. But when you click on a thumbnail that shows the old hair, the replacement actually appears on the Sim. So there's no way to tell what the hair looks like without clicking on the thumbnail.

Here's what I've done so far, to no avail: deleted all .cache files, deleted thumbnails folder, deleted cigen.package, opened body shop and created a sim (I can see the replacements in there), opened CAS in game and created a sim (I cannot see all of the default replacements in there). I can live with this but it's annoying if there's something I'm overlooking. I am playing on a Mac if that makes a difference.

What I do is go into CAS with testing cheats on and go through and right-click/control on each thumbnail. (Yikes, I'm doing this from memory so that might be right-click/shift) You have to do each color and age separately which kind of stinks but it was the only way I got them to change. You don't have to be in debug mode but it didn't work for me until I enabled testing cheats.
Theorist
#24886 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 8:56 PM
You don't need to go into CAS to do this. You can do this in any lot. When doin a makeover, either by usin the mirror or one of the mods, you can right click on the hairs and they will update to the default ones.
Scholar
#24887 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 9:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBrat
You don't need to go into CAS to do this. You can do this in any lot. When doin a makeover, either by usin the mirror or one of the mods, you can right click on the hairs and they will update to the default ones.

True but if you're trying to change several of them in all different hair colors and ages it's faster to do it in CAS.
Field Researcher
#24888 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 9:42 PM
Thank you, good people! It worked.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24889 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera

Do it through object workshop, not Photo Studio or Wizards of SimPE would be my tip. You need to make a recolour package and you need to export the TXTR image. Then use a photo program of choice to recolour the image and update it to the recolour package in simpe. Right click Build DXT in SimPE on the current image is what I do anyway.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#24890 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 11:21 PM
^ You can use DXT3 or 5 for the texture (choose DXT5 for transparency), and a PNG format.
You can also use BMP if it's a full texture, but not with transparency (you can import in an alpha texture, but with mixed results).
DDS files also work, and you can use transparency and alphas with these (but they're a bit more work, and you may need a plugin for the photo program).

DXT1 and import give a really awful result, and so does a JPG file, so stay away from those.
Test Subject
#24891 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 12:33 AM
How does everyone set up seasons in their hoods? All mine are spring-summer-fall-winter except for desert hoods that are spring-summer-summer-fall. But I think the next subhood I add might have a different pattern so I'm curious what other people use.
Theorist
#24892 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 1:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldzephyr
How does everyone set up seasons in their hoods? All mine are spring-summer-fall-winter except for desert hoods that are spring-summer-summer-fall. But I think the next subhood I add might have a different pattern so I'm curious what other people use.

I use all four seasons, but I like starting with winter, then spring, summer, and lastly fall. I also have 10 days seasons.
Mad Poster
#24893 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 3:09 AM
Seasons depend on the neighborhood. Strangetown is summer/summer/summer/winter. (I've lived in the American southwestern desert. This is an accurate seasonal spread.) Pleasantview and Bluewater have tropical elements in hood deco, so spring/summer/summer/fall. If I want to use all four seasons I like to start with spring. University neighborhoods may be spring/fall/spring/fall to accommodate the two most important functions of university: pairing off and studying.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#24894 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 4:58 AM Last edited by kestrellyn : 20th Sep 2020 at 5:10 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Seasons depend on the neighborhood. Strangetown is summer/summer/summer/winter. (I've lived in the American southwestern desert. This is an accurate seasonal spread.)

I grew up in that desert. It's definitely not accurate to have snow on the ground in the wintertime, no, which is what you get when you use the Maxis winter season. If I were going to make a desert-accurate seasonal spread, I would simply use all four seasons, but mod summer to be very rainy and mod the other three seasons to be warmer and have basically no precipitation of any kind.

Personally I've banned fall from uni because I consider it cheaty, so instead I have spring/spring/summer/winter.
Instructor
#24895 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 10:22 AM
Quote:

For green and city like hoods I used to do that, but to have some more variety I made Veronaville a bit cooler by replacing summer with a second spring. For mission uni I set it to autumn-autumn-winter-winter because it seemed even cooler there. I don't care that it's cheaty, my sims need skills.
Field Researcher
#24896 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 11:16 AM
I used to have Strangetown be spring-summer-summer-fall because it was the desert and also I hate what the falling snow does to my computer. But I missed the winter wants. Each season has a theme, and winter is family. So I've gone back to the four-season rotation, even though a snow-covered desert doesn't seem right.

The way I play uni, spring usually hits around junior year, and then everyone starts failing out because all they can think about is lurve. I should change that.
Mad Poster
#24897 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 12:43 PM
I have a very strange question:
Can vampires 'fly to work'?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Mad Poster
#24898 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 1:13 PM
If you give a sim custom hair in CAS is that then genetic and can be passed onto children?
Inventor
#24899 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 2:36 PM
Quote:

My standard set-up is the same: spring-summer-fall-winter. Other patterns depend on what I think the overall climate might be for a place. Strangetown is spring-summer-summer-fall. Riverblossom Hills was left at whatever it was originally (winter-spring-fall-winter, I think). Veronaville is spring-summer-fall-spring.
Field Researcher
#24900 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 3:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
If you give a sim custom hair in CAS is that then genetic and can be passed onto children?

If it's binned, then you can genetically pass on the color like any original hair

If it's in the custom colours, then I believe if you have a child of the same gender, they will get that exact same hair. So if you have a blue hairdo, the kid will also be born with blue hair. I believe custom overrides Black or Brown.
Page 996 of 1010