Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#176 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 5:58 PM
Wow starlite I LOVE that Mcdonalds!!! Its so CUTE!!! lol awww its like soooo realistic! where'd you get it??? wow its really realistic...

Cammy Parker - 1st Place Miss Prom Queen
<3<3<3 Thanks To Cpowell For My Awesome Avatar! (which I resized so It looks weird! lol) <3<3<3
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#177 Old 28th Jan 2006 at 11:52 PM
Okay, I have uploaded the lot to MTS2. It is now the ONLY community lot your sims will be allowed to visit. I tried submitting it to the main EA website, but the game thought I had no internet connection for some reason :p

Here is the link:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=125890

If any of you are not members of the main MTS2 site, now would be a good time to join, as you will be able to continue the challenge as well as download the McDonald's
Instructor
Original Poster
#178 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 3:52 AM
OKAY GUYS, FROM THIS POINT FORWARD, YOU MAY ONLY USE COMMUNITY LOTS THAT I HAVE ALREADY APPROVED FOR THE CHALLENGE. THE FIRST IS AVAILABLE HERE:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=125890

I'm sorry about the chaos this might cause for those of you who have been playing for a while. These rules will only apply to how you play the challenge from this point forward, I will not penalize you as a result of these changes. Just mention it when you post your final score. Please PM me with any questions, and if needed I can give you more information about where you stand.

These rules especially apply to those who are just starting the challenge- Jacuzzy, starlight, tnjshy, etc, and anyone else who joins from now on.

Anyone interested in making a poverty legal community lot should PM me for the specifications.
Lab Assistant
#179 Old 29th Jan 2006 at 7:18 PM
I really want to try this. I'll have to write down all the rules before opening the game. Any tips or tricks I should know about? What are these codes or cheats for less money? Should I download the InSIManator?

Anyways, thanks for the challange!
Test Subject
#180 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 1:20 AM
I too was struck with hack free twins for poor Aubrey Pouvre and his wife Trixie. Never seems to fail when you can't afford them it happens, lol. And now I'm having the worst time keeping them happy and well rested, as they always seem to be in the red. I can't wait until the twins grow up.

Ah well life sucks then you die....at least for those in poverty, lol.
Instructor
Original Poster
#181 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 2:51 AM
No, you don't need the inSiminator to play the challenge. You don't even need it for the pregnant teen version, so I would discourage you to get it just for this challenge. For the pregnant teen version you need one of the hacks out there that allows your teen to get pregnant- inteen is just one of them.

For tips, tricks, and cheat codes, you should try reading through the thread
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 30th Jan 2006 at 4:16 AM
Well I started! I hope I'm playing the challange right. She got a promotion and she was the only one happy about it!

Keira Champlain moved into her 5x5 lot. It was really hard at first, she got very depressed and emotional. She's now married to Benjamin Long. My game froze just after she gave birth to a little girl. I'm pretty sure she'll still be pregnant when I play again. So who knows if it'll be a girl again. Her name was Lola... (sing along anyone? :bandit: copa, copa, cabana)

Painting to grain some moola!

Keira and Ben chatting about the impending pregnancy.
Instructor
Original Poster
#183 Old 2nd Feb 2006 at 2:17 AM
Okay, I've approved this lot, for those of you with nightlife:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=124770

You don't need it to play the challenge, but it is another option.
It's by Nengi65, and even though it isn't completely ghetto like mine, it has a more urban flair to it, so if you want to go for that in your game, you can. I'm informed that there is no coffee machine or a way to make money on this lot, but I can't test it myself because my hard drive exploded (sigh). I was going to upload something like a gross community pool for you all as well, but that will have to wait indefinately.

Same rules apply. No moving things or adding new objects, you may redecorate and repaint the walls and floors.

**EDIT** BUT, you must delete the pool table before playing with it. No earning money on community lots!
Test Subject
#184 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 5:48 AM
Hello everybody....I don't have a regular update on my family (as I've barely played in the last few weeks), but it is nice to see a few new people joining the challenge. To anyone who hasn't started yet, let me give this one tip: high neat points. Its a lifesaver, believe me. You are going to end up with a full (or nearly full) house of sims, and a few neat freaks will clear the table like a waiter and even get a boost in their fun score while they do it. I wouldn't design a personality just for the first really poor days on the lot (as in, trying to make a sim that doesn't care about eating out of the garbage or taking a spongebath or peeing in the bushes), because that part of the challenge, though hard, is really short.

Anyway, I am up to four grandchildren in the house (the two oldest are teenagers), and the first 2nd generation sim is about to become an elder (only three days). I made a family tree for the heck of it:

http://patientx.i8.com/nonx/familytree.jpg

The sims with the red stars are the ones still living in the house. I'm eagerly waiting Jude to become an adult so I can move him and his sister out.

"Look, I don't need this, I inhaled my favorite whistle this morning."
--Simpsons
Instructor
Original Poster
#185 Old 3rd Feb 2006 at 10:52 PM
Okay, about my last post: if you download that lot, you have to delete the damn pool table. Crappy uni EP, apparently one can make money from it. But for the purposes of this challenge, that is officially not cool.

<grumble grumble>

Oh, and thanks for the update Hunter!
Field Researcher
#186 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 1:55 AM
I just started my own...but before I get things into gear, I just want to make double-sure: the unborn child of a teen Sim does not earn the 3000 points once it becomes a teen itself, right? I hope I didn't misunderstand.

Yeah, I am beginning with a pregnant teen Sim. I always make everything too hard for myself, but I'll try anyway. I might post pictures later if I make it even as far as one day, so...wish me luck .

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
#187 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miao
I just started my own...but before I get things into gear, I just want to make double-sure: the unborn child of a teen Sim does not earn the 3000 points once it becomes a teen itself, right? I hope I didn't misunderstand.

Yeah, if you start off with a pregnant teen then the child that is born does not give you the point bonus. I really want to start this contest too, hopefully I'll be able to start it off sometime. I've been pretty busy recently. :X
Field Researcher
#188 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 5:07 PM
I have a couple more quick questions. Sorry about posting so frequently.

The challenge ends when the last grandchild born on the lot dies, so moving the grandkids out of the main lot is fine...so, does that mean we have to play their new lots in sync with the poverty lot? The rules say that once Sims are out of the main lot, they no longer become part of the challenge, but if their deaths mark the end of the challenge, then shouldn't they still be played by the rules? And...(honest, last question) what about their children?

Is it all right to link to my Livejournal? I'm going to update my story on there.

My game had some problems yesterday, so I'm still on the first day. I haven't had a true taste yet.

EDIT: Link to my Sims 2 LJ in siggy.

Lab Assistant
#189 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 6:29 PM
I have a couple more quick questions. Sorry about posting so frequently.

The challenge ends when the last grandchild born on the lot dies, so moving the grandkids out of the main lot is fine...so, does that mean we have to play their new lots in sync with the poverty lot? The rules say that once Sims are out of the main lot, they no longer become part of the challenge, but if their deaths mark the end of the challenge, then shouldn't they still be played by the rules? And...(honest, last question) what about their children?

Is it all right to link to my Livejournal? I'm going to update my story on there.

My game had some problems yesterday, so I'm still on the first day. I haven't had a true taste yet.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but it seems...

That when the last grandchild living on the lot dies, that signals the end of the challange since anyone not living on the lot is no longer part of the challange. As for the "last grandchilds" children, good question, theoretically they would be counted since you are counting everything until the death of that "grandchild". And as for linking, lots of people have been linking thier stories from outside sources so that shouldn't be an issue.

Like I said earlier if I'm wrong about any of this feel free to correct me Ella, I don't wanna step on your toes.

Kerri
Test Subject
#190 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kerriiskk
That when the last grandchild living on the lot dies, that signals the end of the challange since anyone not living on the lot is no longer part of the challange. As for the "last grandchilds" children, good question, theoretically they would be counted since you are counting everything until the death of that "grandchild".

If you move the youngest grandchild out of the house, I'd imagine the end of the challenge defaults to the second-youngest (or third-youngest, or whatever), since the longer the challenge goes on, the more money you build up, it would be a bad idea to move the youngest out (you will have to move others out, however, unless your sims only have one or two children). As soon as any sim moves out, they are completely out of the challenge, so their kids do not count towards the "child bonus", and therefore have nothing to do with the challenge. You cannot move any sim *back* into the house either, I believe the only sims you can move into the house are NPCs (service sims or townies).

Any baby born in the house (with the exception of the baby born from the "pregnant teen" bonus) and raised to a teenager counts for the "child bonus", even if they are completely unrelated to the family.

Oh, and speaking of moving sims out of the house--Ella, could you clarify something? I have the overflow from my family moved to a second house, if one of them were to die, would it be against the rules to collect inheritence? (assuming they die of natural causes, not me killing them for the purpose of inheiritence) My oldest (on the lot) just became an elder, and his brothers and sister are going to be oddly frozen in time after he dies and I go on playing his kids.

"Look, I don't need this, I inhaled my favorite whistle this morning."
--Simpsons
#191 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 9:02 PM
I downloaded the community lot that you need to use. I don't have Nightlife, and whenever I try to add it to the neighborhood it crashes. I used the clean installer, too. This happens with all lots that are made by people who have Nightlife. I've always thought it had to do with the new neighborhood view. Anyone have a way around this?
Instructor
Original Poster
#192 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 10:34 PM
Wow, no posts for a week, and suddenly 6 at once!

No, you don't have to play their new lots in sync with the poverty lot- in fact, I would prefer that you didn't, and thus avoid gaining an inheritance. Otherwise you need to find some way to get rid of the inheritance money, either through a hack or a cheat or raising and lowering the terrain until you are really sick to death of the terrain tool. In my opinion, having the guy live in some sort of weird twilight zone is the easiest thing to do.

Once a sim leaves the lot, they are no longer part of the challenge at all. Hunter and Kerri are right about the last grandchild being the youngest remaining grandchild on the lot itself (and yes, their children will still give you points).

Nora, I don't know what to tell you. I expected Clean Installer would help you as a work around, so it's bad if that isn't working. Since my HD failed I don't have a way to fix the original lot ATM, but I will see if I can't "commision" one for you- or find one that I think is acceptable.
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 12:17 AM
I do have a quick question, Rori's two oldest daughters (teenagers) and 2nd generation have both had kids and I do not plan on letting them marry ever, would the qualify for the old maid bonus. (I'm thinking not but I figured I'd ask)
Instructor
Original Poster
#194 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 1:35 AM
No, it has to be from the very beginning.
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ellatrue
No, it has to be from the very beginning.

Yeah I didn't think it would work that way but hey ya gotta ask. :D

Umm Hi... Bored and looking for a fun place to hang out online? Try Becka's COOKIE FEST!
Instructor
Original Poster
#196 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 3:49 AM
Okay Nora (and the rest of you), I am also approving these lots for the challenge. I mostly know what they contain, and they don't require the EP or any custom content. They also aren't the sort of places that would expel anyone who is badly dressed

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=79835

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=79650

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=34962

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot...user_id=2370848
#197 Old 10th Feb 2006 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ellatrue
Okay Nora (and the rest of you), I am also approving these lots for the challenge. I mostly know what they contain, and they don't require the EP or any custom content. They also aren't the sort of places that would expel anyone who is badly dressed

Hurray! Thank you so much! :bow:

*trottles off to download the cute little lake one*
Field Researcher
#198 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 4:44 AM
Thanks for explaining away all my confusion, guys. But I have yet another question:

My teenage boy in the 2nd generation has just met a pretty teen girl that he has good chemistry with, and I would love to move her in. If she does, though, she'll be a many days younger than he will be. I was wondering...would artificially aging that teen to adult violate the spirit of the challenge, or would it be better to raise that teen normally until she's old enough?

Penny's former townie husband Jack had so many skill points that it was so difficult keeping him from getting promoted. He got promoted no less than five times, and I'm sick of having him quit.

Instructor
Original Poster
#199 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 3:35 AM
I was wondering...would artificially aging that teen to adult violate the spirit of the challenge, or would it be better to raise that teen normally until she's old enough?

Um, you can't move the teen in until your own teen is ready to have a mate- no using the inteenimator to move in teens or younger. You may age them before moving them in, but only in order to expand the size of the non-fugly available NPC pool. So outside of doing it to expanding the non-fugly pool, stick to maxis behaviour. Teens may not ask anyone to move in. So raise your teen to adult, and then age the townie, and ask them to move in. You may not move anyone in with a hack and then develop the relationship afterwards- you have to go with the normal maxis dialogue, which requires a certain relationship level, and contains the chance of rejection.
Instructor
Original Poster
#200 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 5:47 AM
I found a hack that shreds simoleans that many of you may find useful for reducing wealth, especially after an inheritance or something: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=125

Like all hacks, know that you are using it at your own risk.
Page 8 of 36