Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#11876 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 4:50 PM
I discovered this awhile ago but initially I didn't know how a fire started at this party and wondered if it had something to do with the food they were eating. One of the Sims had that fire animation whenever they eat something spicy and I guessed they caught something on fire. My non active daredevil Sim somehow caught on fire too but was more interested in cleaning up the dishes and taking his sweet time since he actually gets a mood boost for being on fire and can be on fire for longer periods than other Sims without ill effects. I really like that Sim but decided to let the A.I. do its own thing even if it meant he might die.

It happened again so there's a chance of Sims catching fire to something and/or someone.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition (Hard Mode: Y!? All side missions and Riddler trophies/riddles/physical challenges completed in the main campaign.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham Knight
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#11877 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
One of the Sims had that fire animation whenever they eat something spicy and I guessed they caught something on fire.

That's exactly what happened. Anytime a sim eats a meal that uses the chili peppers from SN, they do that weird, annoying scream thing. After that three things will happen: they'll get a positive moodlet, they will get a negative moodlet, or they will get a negative moodlet and have a chance to breathe fire (which can set stuff on fire) or catch on fire themselves. Making higher quality meals and using higher quality peppers reduces the chance of getting the negative effects. Unfortunately I've never seen a mod that removes the potential negative effects altogether.
Forum Resident
#11878 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 6:13 PM
I just figured out why the toddler potty is so shiny. I was in CASt and noticed that the default materials are metal. EA, did you forget that you had a plastics section? Lol.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Alchemist
#11879 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 6:54 PM
I found out that if 2 Sims are "juiced" (as a result of drinking juice from UL juice keg), both can perform "juiced kiss", "juiced make out", "juiced woohoo", etc. under friendly interaction. They can skip flirting phase and go straight into action. If both Sims are "super juiced", even same-sex Sims can woohoo right away. Unfortunately by the end of woohoo, both will become romantic interests, so no FWB allowed. :/

However, I found that if the Sim asks to just be friends with another who has commitment issues trait, they take it lightly and there's barely relationship drop.

Unless the recipient is a diva... They'll slap back and it's double the relationship drop.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#11880 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 9:45 PM
Small annoyance - bought a witch potion for my kid and she couldn'r use it. Found out she was an IF (passed down from grandma, who I've never played and just placed randomly from CAS). Went back and bought a potent cure elixir. That couldn't be used either. So TIL an IF cannot be 'cured", because that's such a great lifestate to have.

omnis mundi creatura
Alchemist
#11881 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 5:39 AM
did you know randomjokes cheat? There are only 10, disappointingly:
-Which side of a chicken has the most feathers? The outside... duh.
-When do doctors make house calls? Only when your house is really sick!
-Why don't ghosts ever get arrested? It's hard to pin anything on them!
-Psychiatrists say that 1 out of every 4 people is mentally ill. Check 3 friends - if they're okay, you're it!
-What's a foot long and slippery? A slipper!
-Did you hear about that new pirate movie? It's rated Aaarrrrrrrr!
-What do you call a fish with no eyes? Fsh.
-What did the number 0 say to the number 8? Nice belt.
-What time is it when an elephant sits on your fence? Time to get a new fence.
-What did the finger say to the thumb? I'm in glove with you.

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#11882 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kin.gyo1413
Small annoyance - bought a witch potion for my kid and she couldn'r use it. Found out she was an IF (passed down from grandma, who I've never played and just placed randomly from CAS). Went back and bought a potent cure elixir. That couldn't be used either. So TIL an IF cannot be 'cured", because that's such a great lifestate to have.

Should be able to cure it with NRASS since it counts as Imaginary Friend. That is, if you still need to fix this

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
#11883 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 3:40 AM
Discovered that sims can "drown" on dry land if they glitch through the pool into the ground. Thank goodness for ResetSim!

And I caught it on video too. https://youtu.be/fk7giqUgciU It's one of the very first things to happen, like in the first five minutes, so don't worry about the length.
Mad Poster
#11884 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 5:18 AM
What first minutes? Give a proper time stamp.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#11885 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 12:51 AM
I found out the hard way that children can die by meteors when my alien sim indirectly killed his wife's stepson. Fortunately, his sister was able to resurrect the boy as a playable ghost.
#11886 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
What first minutes? Give a proper time stamp.

Ok so it starts at about 11:40 so not the first 5 minutes anyway, sorry about that.
Scholar
#11887 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 6:48 PM
My singing sim is working her way up to a artist but still gets this little jobs where she should find random sims and sing for them (Sing-A-Grams). 98% of the time it ends well but the crappy little machine has breakdowns from time to time. This time it did go up in flames and set poor Chantall's bum on fire. I did not find any way to solve this so I did use the Master controller to reset her to a safe place (home). The shower had a option to put the fire out so I let her shower. And it worked. But I don't know how it's supposed to be done...
Scholar
#11888 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 1:32 AM
After all this time playing Sims 3 this is the first time my sims have lived in a house that backs onto the military base, so I've only just discovered that they blow reveille at five in the morning - very loudly. This family can be sure of never oversleeping.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Alchemist
#11889 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 7:49 AM
So I did some digging and found that there was an unused opportunity in University Life where Sims who work in Video Game Developer career is required to dance in a stereo wearing mocap suit. This opportunity is rather complete, with interaction to dance on stereo with mocap suit also intact, but restricted to only Sims possessing this opportunity only. Even the suit is available in CAS (but hidden), and showcased in the official trailer! Has anyone actually noticed that mocap was supposed to be in the game?

Just call me Nikel
Forum Resident
#11890 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 5:19 PM
I'm still upset that they didn't include this:

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca8...-zOpfFqrqnREIN4

It's strange how UL in particular has so much unused content. I wonder if Salt Lake got pressed for time or something. It seems like even a meaty expansion like UL was supposed to have even more to do.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Instructor
#11891 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
So I did some digging and found that there was an unused opportunity in University Life where Sims who work in Video Game Developer career is required to dance in a stereo wearing mocap suit. This opportunity is rather complete, with interaction to dance on stereo with mocap suit also intact, but restricted to only Sims possessing this opportunity only. Even the suit is available in CAS (but hidden), and showcased in the official trailer! Has anyone actually noticed that mocap was supposed to be in the game?

I know the suit cause I've often browsed through the unlocked outfits for Halloween costumes and such, but always thought it was from Ambitions for some reason... Maybe cause it was together with the time machine outfits and I never paid attention. The opportunity sound cool tho, I wonder if it's any way to cheat with a MC or DE and trigger it?
Mad Poster
#11892 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 2:02 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 25th Jul 2020 at 2:15 AM.

Interesting find- I wonder if any of it is salvageable as a mod?

Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
I'm still upset that they didn't include this:

It's strange how UL in particular has so much unused content. I wonder if Salt Lake got pressed for time or something. It seems like even a meaty expansion like UL was supposed to have even more to do.

Definitely sucks that there wasn't EP restaurant content (as EPs tend to be far more polished in terms of interactions and UI), but I think that stuff must have been recycled first into the restaurant store pack (came out later that year), and finally with the ITF drink station (which has human bartenders in home worlds).
Field Researcher
#11893 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 2:25 AM
I'm renovating some of the Roaring Heights buildings and was getting really frustrated because I couldn't find the RH skyscraper shells. I thought, "Well, they'll be in the same place as the Bridgeport shells, right? Buydebug>Misc Decor?" So I was searching through the Misc category, filtering by Store. Nothing. "Maybe they're categorized as base game or CC for some reason?" Nope. My game even crashed on me from the stress of loading all the miscellaneous decor items in buydebug.

Finally, it occurred to me to use the eyedropper on one of the existing buildings. (Yes, I'm a dumbass.) Turns out, they aren't in buydebug at all. Nope, they're under Decor>Roof decorations because they apparently aren't categorized the same way as the LN shells at all. They're "roof decorations" because they sit on top of the buildings.

I wonder, if you placed one without having a roof underneath it, would the sims inside the building be exposed to the elements?
Mad Poster
#11894 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
I'm renovating some of the Roaring Heights buildings and was getting really frustrated because I couldn't find the RH skyscraper shells. I thought, "Well, they'll be in the same place as the Bridgeport shells, right? Buydebug>Misc Decor?" So I was searching through the Misc category, filtering by Store. Nothing. "Maybe they're categorized as base game or CC for some reason?" Nope. My game even crashed on me from the stress of loading all the miscellaneous decor items in buydebug.

Finally, it occurred to me to use the eyedropper on one of the existing buildings. (Yes, I'm a dumbass.) Turns out, they aren't in buydebug at all. Nope, they're under Decor>Roof decorations because they apparently aren't categorized the same way as the LN shells at all. They're "roof decorations" because they sit on top of the buildings.

I wonder, if you placed one without having a roof underneath it, would the sims inside the building be exposed to the elements?

The Roaring Heights 'buildings' are basically decoration, and I think they utilize the Large Object tag to ensure that they appear off-lot all the time. So yes, without the roof, sims would be exposed to the elements.

The other problem is that the Large Object tag also makes it so that the object appears on any floor level, which is one of my complaints about those objects!
Field Researcher
#11895 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
The Roaring Heights 'buildings' are basically decoration, and I think they utilize the Large Object tag to ensure that they appear off-lot all the time. So yes, without the roof, sims would be exposed to the elements.

The other problem is that the Large Object tag also makes it so that the object appears on any floor level, which is one of my complaints about those objects!

I love them and hate them. It's super annoying that they don't fade out, plus the whole quest I had to undertake just to find them, but the Roaring Heights skyline is undeniably gorgeous. But then the actual interiors are so ugly for some of the downtown buildings! The library, the art gallery, the downtown gym. I mean, it must be intentional because the cafes and houses and rabbitholes are all so pretty, and in a very different style. But it's not ugly in a cool storytelling way, it's just... huge and empty and boring. And I would never play a household that lived in one of those apartments with the shell on top.

I'm actually considering building an alternate library and art gallery for RH to put on the river side of town, just so that my sims never have to visit the skyscrapers. Just admire from afar.
Alchemist
#11896 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
I know the suit cause I've often browsed through the unlocked outfits for Halloween costumes and such, but always thought it was from Ambitions for some reason... Maybe cause it was together with the time machine outfits and I never paid attention. The opportunity sound cool tho, I wonder if it's any way to cheat with a MC or DE and trigger it?

Yeah, it can be enabled by DE but not MC.

It has game strings and everything, and this interaction is unlocked. It's only a one-time interaction though, you can't do it after the opportunity is completed unless you get it again.

The opportunity completes as soon as you start dancing. It's extremely boring, but I think it's possible to polish it by tweaking the XML. Basically your Sim will just do regular dance while wearing this suit. It's literally "Dance in MoCap Suit".

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
#11897 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 11:03 AM

It has game strings and everything, and this interaction is unlocked. It's only a one-time interaction though, you can't do it after the opportunity is completed unless you get it again.

The opportunity completes as soon as you start dancing. It's extremely boring, but I think it's possible to polish it by tweaking the XML. Basically your Sim will just do regular dance while wearing this suit. It's literally "Dance in MoCap Suit".

I have a sim in the Game Dev career, I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

It would be funny if it could be tweaked to feature one of the more stupid dances, hmm
Mad Poster
#11898 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 5:50 PM

I think it could be interesting if you set up some space as a filming/greenroom space, i.e. in a community center, or a film studio if you have one.

Any additional roleplaying opportunities are always welcome to me. Is there any way of making the opportunity appear normally without DE?

Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Definitely sucks that there wasn't EP restaurant content (as EPs tend to be far more polished in terms of interactions and UI), but I think that stuff must have been recycled first into the restaurant store pack (came out later that year), and finally with the ITF drink station (which has human bartenders in home worlds).

Come to think about it, I wonder if there's any way of modding the ITF drink station into something like a drink fountain or beer taps, and then changing the inventory to fit the lot drink type?
Lab Assistant
#11899 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 2:35 AM Last edited by NikkeiSimmer : 17th Jan 2021 at 9:56 PM.
...that Covid Quarantine has officially made me go insane.

"Werewolf singing opera".

https://youtu.be/Fyy8exOeExI
Field Researcher
#11900 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 5:33 PM
Apparently teens (probably children too) can roll a LTW even if they already have one locked in. Not much point, since you can't switch them out, but it's interesting to see what kinds of impulses they have.

[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Page 476 of 490