Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

643 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 26
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#301 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thiagomichel
Hi Cmar, can you tell me why they are getting this way?

Yes, I'm applying the face DMaps wrong. I've already fixed this glitch but got sidetracked by patch issues. Look for an update in the next few days after I do a little more testing of the overhauled bone morphs.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#302 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Yes, I'm applying the face DMaps wrong. I've already fixed this glitch but got sidetracked by patch issues. Look for an update in the next few days after I do a little more testing of the overhauled bone morphs.

Oh okay! thanks, i will save my work and as soon as the update comes out, use it! <3
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#303 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 12:12 PM
Version 4.3 uploaded: The main change is a fix to the DMap preview. Sorry for the delay; I tried to update yesterday after MTS came back up but it wouldn't upload.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#304 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 4:16 PM
Version 4.3 uploaded: The main change is a fix to the DMap preview. Sorry for the delay; I tried to update yesterday after MTS came back up but it wouldn't upload.

Cmar, when I open a bonedelta file that I was working on or already worked on, it gives this "error" and the mesh distorts at some ages, including toddler.
Test Subject
#305 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 4:30 PM

I'm having this problem too!

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#306 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 5:38 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 9th Jun 2020 at 6:00 PM.
Please upload some of your bonedeltas.

Edit: Those bones showing as errors aren't in the adult human rig. I'd still like to see your bonedeltas.

I can't tell about the second error. Are you entering the number with a comma instead of a period as decimal point? That'll cause an error, and I should fix that.

Test Subject
#307 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 6:22 PM
Please upload some of your bonedeltas.

Edit: Those bones showing as errors aren't in the adult human rig. I'd still like to see your bonedeltas.

I can't tell about the second error. Are you entering the number with a comma instead of a period as decimal point? That'll cause an error, and I should fix that.

this bonedelta I exported from a tall preset that I edited in version 4.0.0.0 of the morph maker at the time. it's for toddler!
https://simfileshare.net/download/1839853/

the numbers, I'm not adding any. they are presenting this error alone then click to see another one.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#308 Old 9th Jun 2020 at 6:46 PM
this bonedelta I exported from a tall preset that I edited in version 4.0.0.0 of the morph maker at the time. it's for toddler!
https://simfileshare.net/download/1839853/

the numbers, I'm not adding any. they are presenting this error alone then click to see another one.

You have to select the toddler rig in the rigs dropdown before you load the bonedelta in order to not get that error.

Is the number displaying with a comma when you click on a preset? If so, that's a bug affecting countries that use a comma as the decimal and unfortunately for now you'll have to change the comma to a period when you switch between and save the presets.

Test Subject
#309 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 2:30 AM
You have to select the toddler rig in the rigs dropdown before you load the bonedelta in order to not get that error.

Is the number displaying with a comma when you click on a preset? If so, that's a bug affecting countries that use a comma as the decimal and unfortunately for now you'll have to change the comma to a period when you switch between and save the presets.

I select the toddler rig before importing.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#310 Old 10th Jun 2020 at 6:14 AM
I select the toddler rig before importing.

Sorry, the pic you uploaded showed the adult model so I thought that might be the problem. Turns out those bones aren't in the toddler rig either, they're only in animal rigs. If you made the bonedelta a long time ago in an old version of MorphMaker, it used to let you choose bones from any rig. Now it only lets you use bones from the rig you're working with.

Test Subject
#311 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 2:31 AM
Hi Cmar! First of all I wanna say this is really great and I'm really excited to use this when I figure out what I did wrong. So I attemped to make a nose preset in blender, I didnt add or change the vertex positions and I made a copy of the base OBJ file instead of overwrite it. However when I went to export the modified OBJ file into morphmaker to create the BGEO I always get the error message 'Index was outside the bounds of the array' even when I just slightly edited the base. I've been looking for answers online for 2 hours as well as trying out different things, I have the newest version of blender and my pc is up to date. I followed a youtube tutorial as to not mess up things on my own. Hope someone can help me out with this!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#312 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iralinyu
Hi Cmar! First of all I wanna say this is really great and I'm really excited to use this when I figure out what I did wrong. So I attemped to make a nose preset in blender, I didnt add or change the vertex positions and I made a copy of the base OBJ file instead of overwrite it. However when I went to export the modified OBJ file into morphmaker to create the BGEO I always get the error message 'Index was outside the bounds of the array' even when I just slightly edited the base. I've been looking for answers online for 2 hours as well as trying out different things, I have the newest version of blender and my pc is up to date. I followed a youtube tutorial as to not mess up things on my own. Hope someone can help me out with this!

Please upload your base and morphed obj meshes.

Test Subject
#313 Old 20th Jul 2020 at 1:53 PM Last edited by HetaTorinoko : 20th Jul 2020 at 2:02 PM. Reason: new issue
What specific vertices should we leave alone if we're editing around the ankles? I'm trying to make digitigrade legs and nothing seems to be a good enough solution.

quick edit:

made an attempt at it anyways, but now it's saying faces don't match between base and new mesh despite having the same amount and being the same exact file i used to make it?

(looks... okay, in game. right ankle is gtg, left ankle kinda hangs off to the side. was going to make the heel bigger and drop the ankle area back down a little to mitigate clipping but this is much better than nothing. Thank you again for your tool!!)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#314 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HetaTorinoko
What specific vertices should we leave alone if we're editing around the ankles? I'm trying to make digitigrade legs and nothing seems to be a good enough solution.

quick edit:

made an attempt at it anyways, but now it's saying faces don't match between base and new mesh despite having the same amount and being the same exact file i used to make it?

(looks... okay, in game. right ankle is gtg, left ankle kinda hangs off to the side. was going to make the heel bigger and drop the ankle area back down a little to mitigate clipping but this is much better than nothing. Thank you again for your tool!!)

So you got it working? If you're still getting errors I'll need to see your base and morph meshes.

For a preset you don't have to leave any vertices alone, but moving them vertically can cause problems.

Test Subject
#315 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iralinyu

I get the same error message

You need the obj.-files, right?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  obj test files.zip (227.8 KB, 15 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#316 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zel1302
I get the same error message

You need the obj.-files, right?

You didn't export the normals and that's causing the error. I added normals by smoothing in Milkshape and it works fine, but you might get better results by going back and exporting from Blender with normals, or by checking 'Ignore Normals'.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#317 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 7:03 PM
Works fine now!
Thank you
Instructor
#318 Old 25th Aug 2020 at 11:38 PM
I'm not a mesher, so ordinarily I wouldn't have much use for a tool like this, but today I taught myself how to use it to make two sliders I'd downloaded that had conflicting hotspot controls NOT have conflicting hotspot controls so I can enjoy both of them without having to bother the creator, so I love you a lot right now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#319 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 7:47 PM
Merci
Test Subject
#320 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 3:14 AM
In Add/Edit Cas preset when i try to save preset i see this message You have no entered a valid display index value . any help with this
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#321 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nak285
In Add/Edit Cas preset when i try to save preset i see this message You have no entered a valid display index value . any help with this

It means what it says - the display index value is not valid. What do you have entered there?

Test Subject
#322 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 1:13 PM
It means what it says - the display index value is not valid. What do you have entered there?

i try make a face morph with this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh8I9eTly-g step by step index value no talk about. what is the index value or index value need specific name newi help
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#323 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 5:46 PM
i try make a face morph with this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh8I9eTly-g step by step index value no talk about. what is the index value or index value need specific name newi help

The number affects where in the list of presets your preset will appear. It has to be a decimal number, example 0.00 or 9.99. Using a comma probably will not work, try a period.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#324 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 1:09 AM
Thaks the problem are for default program using comma y change for point and work thaks.
my first morphs works but my custom thumbnail in s4 no work. i open packgae with s4pe and my tumbnail are ok but in s4 fail i see a screeshot of my morph same as s4 default
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#325 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 8:56 AM
Thaks the problem are for default program using comma y change for point and work thaks.
my first morphs works but my custom thumbnail in s4 no work. i open packgae with s4pe and my tumbnail are ok but in s4 fail i see a screeshot of my morph same as s4 default

You may have to delete your localthumbscache.package to see your custom thumbnail. If it still doesn't work, please upload your package.

Page 13 of 26