Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#51 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 11:30 AM
t0b1a5: Use the alpha channel to make transparent or semi transparent clothing.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 3:03 PM
c'mon i need help
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#53 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 3:23 PM
Godofgame1st you weren't exactly forthcoming in actual details. "it blank" is not enough to guess as to whats wrong. You need to provide more information.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#54 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 10:59 PM
Default Custom Alpha (Transparency) Channels?
The dds files in the package 2 file are denoted with the _m as the material i guess, and they have a transperncy channel, alpha that allows you to adjust the transparency of the object. Using texture replacement in the main package file, i can alter the look of the items, ie.. and a crosshatch to the thigh highs to give them a fishnet look.

Can this same tool be used to create custom alpha channels so that we can mod the shape of the object? I can do it with texture replacements in the package2 file, but was wondering if packages could be created with this util that change the alpha of the final product, without disrupting the orginal.

Mac
Um, what else should i put here.
[email protected]
Test Subject
#55 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by t0b1a5
Can someone tell me how to make translucent(sp)/transparent clothing?

It's not too hard to do, the alpha channel is a greyscale channel, black being completely transparent -> white completely opaque. See my previous question, as to wether we can create seperate instances of the object to be changed, so that the orginals can be left alone.

Mac
Um, what else should i put here.
[email protected]
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by afturburn
It's not too hard to do, the alpha channel is a greyscale channel, black being completely transparent -> white completely opaque. See my previous question, as to wether we can create seperate instances of the object to be changed, so that the orginals can be left alone.

Hanlon Razors tutorial gives a brief explanation:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15481.0.html

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#57 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:20 AM
CAN YOU HELP ME PLS? I always get this message :/

I have no problem with the whole Photoshop process, but the thing is, when i open the package i did, it wont open and the "Add New Design" Button is disabled. All i get is this msg:

I'm kind of new of doing things like this, sorry for being dumb with this.
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:22 AM
Make an entirely new package with the same age/gender/mesh type/etc. and then try adding the design

That should do it

Test Subject
#59 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:42 AM
thank you. now i get it. great tutorial!
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:43 AM
anytime :D

Test Subject
#61 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:00 AM
btw, the size of my .package file which is a trial is 0 kb? is that rly 0? or i did something wrong :?
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:13 AM
When that happens, you need to redo your package. Basically, it means that something messed up while it was saving.
Test Subject
#63 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:17 AM
do i have to do the photoshop procedure again? or just the CTU thing?
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:11 AM
Just the CTU.
Test Subject
#65 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 10:21 AM
ok i tried it many times but whenever i save it, i still get that message :<
and it's still 0 kb
Test Subject
#66 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:31 PM
Default help
Hy! How could i install the package to the sims? cause is in .package format and not .Sims3Pack please help me
Test Subject
#67 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:59 PM
any clothes should be in .package (thats what i know) you should paste it on the mods/packages folder.

.sims3pack is for lots/houses and sims. pls correct me if im wrong.

and pls help me with the CTU thing.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:54 PM
@TheRev: Try using the Installer Helper Monkey. ~Link~

@kwinycakes: Did you try closing CTU and reopening it? Sometimes it decides not to work right after it's been open for too long.
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:29 PM Last edited by daluved1 : 1st Jul 2009 at 7:01 PM.
Kwiny: how many designs are You trying to add to the .package? Because some meshes can have up to six at a time, whereas others can barely handle one.

And are you going to file->new or file->open? You want to make an entirely new .package not open an existing one. Theoretically you should be able to open and save over existing .packages however, the CTU has a few bugs that cause that to fail. So instead open CTU again and make a new file.

Edit: just saw your post on the other thread. If you're getting that error message, then most likely you're missing the .NET Framework

Test Subject
#70 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:28 PM
Hi, thankyou for making this tutorial..Im having a dumb moment and wondered if someone could help me. Im using photoshop 7
I have followed the tutorial up to step 6..without a problem. When the alpha and the blue channel are visable it does go pink but I can't tell if its misaligned it looks fine to me..the logo isn't moved so I really have no idea what I am suppose to aligning.
At first I thought that all was good and nothing needed to be changed so I moved on to step 7..I ticked all the channels and went back to the layer tab but the image remained pink..not sure if this is correct?
I went back in to channel layers but everything remained ticked. Just to check if it would work I followed on with your tutorial but when it came to finding the dss file it fountthe file with the logo without any problems but when I ticked alpha the image remained coloured and the alpha never stayed ticked.
I followed everything to the tutorial except steps 6 and 7 as mentioned above.
I am good with photoshop but never had to understand Alpha's.
If someone could enlighten me to what I am doing wrong I would be most grateful.
Thanks
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:48 PM
Lili did you delete the whitened layer after you made the alpha channel?

Did you flatten the image?

Did you try the shortcut instead? It's much much MUCH easier than making the alpha channel manually.

Test Subject
#72 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:17 PM Last edited by LiliRubes : 1st Jul 2009 at 10:10 PM. Reason: updating
HI daluved1, yes I did delete the whitened layer after I made the alpha channel.
No I don't think I flattened the layer after though..I will try that..if it doesn't work then I will try the shortcut...not sure why I didn't do the shortcut in the beginning, lol.

Ok so, I used the shortcut and it worked..kind of, I finished the tutorial and then I opened up with delphy's unitool and replaced the file and it show up when I clicked find and when I clicked alpha it changed to white. So I thought I would save install after I pressed commit but when I went in cas and clicked on tops..the tee showed but it was a purple tee background with the default logo.
I don't know what Im doing wrong

I've just noticed that the size of the package is only 9.09KB is this the reason why it might not be working?
Thanks again,
Lili
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:20 PM
I never use the shortcut. XD

It was too confusing for me, and I already had an idea of how to do it your way.
Mother Function
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 10:44 PM
Yeah I think that's too small for a package but I'm not sure (i'm not at home so i can't check)

you didn't use an adult female mesh right?

And when you made your package did you make a new one or save over the one that we made while extracting the base textures? For now until CTU is updated, you should always make a new .package instead of saving over an old one.

Lab Assistant
#75 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 10:48 PM
Default Part IV (alpha channel) - in Photoshop
I got quiite confused when following this part in the tut, so I tried something different & it works fine for me.

After you complete Part IV, step 1, use the magic wand & click anywhere around your stencil but not on it.
Then click Edit > Copy
Next, click 'new channel' in the channels area & this will give you your alpha channel.
Next click Edit > Paste
Then click Select > Deselect
Lastly click Image > Adjustments > invert

Then continue to Part V: Linking the Stencil to the Mesh

I like work, it fascinates me.
I could sit & watch it all day!

Simmodders UK
Page 3 of 13