Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dolphin's Magic Mood Manager (2011-06-08: Updated for Generations)

by dolphin26 Posted 19th Mar 2010 at 8:59 PM - Updated 31st Oct 2011 at 11:59 PM by dolphin26 : New Version

133 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 110 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wheatberry
Attached the mod with Taiwanese/Chinese translation.
Cheers!

Wheatberry, I'm sorry but I wasn't able to include your translations because I expanded the STBLs significantly, and if I did you would have had a lot of missing entries. I don't know how to merge new english entries into an existing translated STBL, do you? If there isn't a way to automate that process, I suggest that we wait until this object is more stable before translating it. I'll contact you when it is feature stable, probably in a couple weeks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LOLGreenJello
this is still happening on mine too.
i mean it's bareable and the mod still rules tho lol

Can you please try with 1.0 and let me know if you're still having problems? If you are, please let me know what language you are using.
Test Subject
#28 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dolphin26
Can you please try with 1.0 and let me know if you're still having problems? If you are, please let me know what language you are using.

Yah I just downloaded v1.0 and I'm getting the same thing :/
I'm using the English version and I'd take screenshots for you to see, but I don't know how to >_< lol
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LOLGreenJello
Yah I just downloaded v1.0 and I'm getting the same thing :/
I'm using the English version and I'd take screenshots for you to see, but I don't know how to >_< lol

If you downloaded v1.0 and are still having problems, there's something wrong with your framework. I'd recreate it from scratch using the "easy" method.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files
Test Subject
#30 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 2:07 AM
If you downloaded v1.0 and are still having problems, there's something wrong with your framework. I'd recreate it from scratch using the "easy" method.

well granted the "easy" method found framework errors, but it fixed them all and I'm still getting the same menu issues as before
Forum Resident
#31 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 6:56 AM
:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc Thank you so much. I have been waiting for magic to come into the game. I look forward to your next creation. You are going on my favorites list right now

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 10:21 AM Last edited by wheatberry : 23rd Mar 2010 at 2:22 PM.
Wheatberry, I'm sorry but I wasn't able to include your translations because I expanded the STBLs significantly, and if I did you would have had a lot of missing entries. I don't know how to merge new english entries into an existing translated STBL, do you? If there isn't a way to automate that process, I suggest that we wait until this object is more stable before translating it. I'll contact you when it is feature stable, probably in a couple weeks.

Dear dolphin26, attached the new string tables.

Also, there's still string table missing problems like the circled one.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Dolphin26_MagicMoodManager.rar (284.4 KB, 11 downloads)
Test Subject
#33 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 2:07 PM
Please this mod in GERMAN????????
Theorist
#34 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 2:12 PM
Thanks for the updated version :-)
Test Subject
#35 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 3:50 PM
exactly what framework version do I need to download. I have problems with downloading kolipoki's magic too comes up access denied. I do have windows 7 if that makes a difference.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JessaNightshade5
exactly what framework version do I need to download. I have problems with downloading kolipoki's magic too comes up access denied. I do have windows 7 if that makes a difference.

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 3:11 AM
Hi Dolphin26, how can I fix the missing strings as I mentioned before? Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 8:34 PM
Hi Dolphin26, how can I fix the missing strings as I mentioned before? Thanks!

Just download a fresh copy. You should find English in the Chinese for the new items. Just translate them and send them back to me.

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 3:29 AM
Hi dolphin26, just want to make sure you've put all the strings into the ones circled. If you do, I cannot find the missing strings I'd mentioned, even in the English string table. The latest string tables (version 1.3) for Taiwanese and Chinese had been uploaded in my previous post, #32.

http://www.modthesims.info/download...231#post3106231

I think just export Strings_CHI_CN and Strings_CHI_TW, then import back to your copy will do.

Cheers!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 4:44 PM
Hi dolphin26, just want to make sure you've put all the strings into the ones circled. If you do, I cannot find the missing strings I'd mentioned, even in the English string table. The latest string tables (version 1.3) for Taiwanese and Chinese had been uploaded in my previous post, #32.

http://www.modthesims.info/download...231#post3106231

I think just export Strings_CHI_CN and Strings_CHI_TW, then import back to your copy will do.

Cheers!

Could you please redownload the latest version? The version that is up there should be good. When I fixed your issue I didn't increment the version number, so you might think you have the latest version but still need to download the file. Sorry about that, I should have incremented the version number....

When you said 1.3 I think you may be getting confused between this object and the custom magic skill mod. Current version is 1.0.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 5:44 PM
Sorry, I confused the version :P
Ya, I downloaded when you updated at 3-22. And make the translation.

Attaching the content of Strings_ENG_US. Please also double check it's the same as yours. Thanks!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 8:59 PM
Sorry, I confused the version :P
Ya, I downloaded when you updated at 3-22. And make the translation.

Attaching the content of Strings_ENG_US. Please also double check it's the same as yours. Thanks!

Yes, that looks good, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 5:59 AM Last edited by wheatberry : 26th Mar 2010 at 6:19 PM.
Yes, that looks good, thanks!

But it looks like there're no missing strings I'd mentioned in the English String table.
Test Subject
#44 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 7:09 PM
I still cant get it to work even tho i checked my framework.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 6:29 PM
Dear Dolphin26,
Please update the Taiwanese and Chinese translation.

Cheers!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Dolphin26_MagicMoodManager.rar (284.8 KB, 10 downloads)
Test Subject
#46 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 3:33 AM
How do i use this, I put it in my mods/ packets file along with my other packets which work fine but there are no instructions to this?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaycheezy
How do i use this, I put it in my mods/ packets file along with my other packets which work fine but there are no instructions to this?

See the "troubleshooting" section of the main web page of this object.
Test Subject
#48 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 6:37 PM
Dolphin there seems to be some thing wrong with the meditative focus moodlet, it only gives you 15 or 18 mins would you mind increasing it to atleast 2hrs or more plz.

many thanks.
Test Subject
#49 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 7:22 PM
This is great!! But unfortunately the object is not turning up in my game somehow...

I am Fire...I am Life Incarnate...I am the PHOENIX!!!
Field Researcher
#50 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 8:47 AM
So I'm guessing this doesn't work with the base game? Or can it?
I don't have any of the expansion packs unfortunately.

This seems awesome for story making, so I'd love to have it!!
Page 2 of 6