Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XCAS core mod: more tattoo locations, edit naked outfit, slider hack, body hair, more - update 5/23/16 Steam version added.

by CmarNYC Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 5:58 PM - Updated 23rd May 2016 at 3:53 PM by CmarNYC : Steam support added

1691 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1273 Feedback Posts, 417 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 68
Test Subject
#76 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 11:15 AM
hi, does this work tgt with tunable core configuration(core mod) by Baxim. i installed

NRaas_MasterControllerExpandedTattoo
NRaas_MasterController
cmar_XCAS_TattooLocations

and it doesnt seem to work. i can see the new tattoo location options but the tattoos will nt appear. will this also conflict with any slider mods? cos i removed the sliders and it still do nt work. Pls help!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#77 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 1:09 PM
XCAS probably won't work with Baxim's mod, which is based on EGC.

MasterController ExpandedTattoo should work with another core mod - did you try in the MasterController/Basic/Tattoo or in regular CAS? MC won't affect regular CAS unless you also get the CAS Integration extension.

If you still have problems with MC, you should ask Twallan. He's very helpful.
Test Subject
#78 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 2:20 PM
hey, thanks very much. i have solved it! actually it does work with baxim's mod. but u must click the individual sim (not at the cas or tattoo machine), nras option>basic>tattoo

works awesome! thks again!
Test Subject
#79 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 8:06 AM
T.T
It's not working for me for some reason. I have other CC but 99% of it is just hair and clothes. The only other game mods/Non clothing or hair mods that i have is:
- No mosaic
- Mini flatscreen tv/apple mac book
- Lots from MTS

I have the base game, version 1.19.44 and no expansions or stuff packs. Also I have to store my CC in program files not my doc since it doesn't work. When I install the files and load the game, the game just shuts off after the intro stops. I Also tried S3Z's slider hack and the same thing happened. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong since according to instructions I've installed the content correctly :/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#80 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 12:56 PM
Sonygurl0000: Using any core mod (like XCAS or S3Z's hack) in the Program Files location without having d3dx9_31.dll installed will result in crashing on startup like you describe.

Go to http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ge_Files_Manual and under "Prerequisites" go to step 3. Download d3dx9_31.dll as described. Then go to step 5 for instructions on where to put it. Since you have no expansions you should only need to put it in your "The Sims 3\Game\Bin\" folder.

Hopefully this will work - if not, or even if it does, you really should try again to get your custom content working in the Documents location. It's easier to manage there and you don't need a special dll for core mods. Chances are you simply didn't set it up right.

Good luck!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 6:42 AM
Its Perfect =p
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#82 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 11:32 PM
Love the mod, and I'm actually so spoiled that to play my game without it is lunancy, I've looked through the thread and the most obvious question is this.... I want to use the CORE version of this mod, because it allows me to put tat's on my teens. However, I NEED Master Controller to make my game run smoothly. I know he has the tattoo extension mod, problem is, it doesn't allow you to put tat's on your teens. So is it possible for me to keep your core and use MC also without CAS integration or Tattoo extension mods?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#83 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
Love the mod, and I'm actually so spoiled that to play my game without it is lunancy, I've looked through the thread and the most obvious question is this.... I want to use the CORE version of this mod, because it allows me to put tat's on my teens. However, I NEED Master Controller to make my game run smoothly. I know he has the tattoo extension mod, problem is, it doesn't allow you to put tat's on your teens. So is it possible for me to keep your core and use MC also without CAS integration or Tattoo extension mods?

Absolutely. I use XCAS core with basic MC in my own game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#84 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 10:49 PM
very useful core mod, thanks
Test Subject
#85 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 6:44 AM
>_< it dont work it my game wont start up with it

Now i want to play with uuuuuu! HA HA HA!!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#86 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Evil_Jax
>_< it dont work it my game wont start up with it

Please read the troubleshooting section in the description.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 12:22 PM
Brilliant! Thank you so much! Thanks especially for posting a link to Twallan's. It's what I'll be using since Awesome mod is a must have in my game.
Test Subject
#88 Old 24th May 2011 at 8:15 PM
First off, awesome! Downloaded Nrass extension and everything is great!

I never, EVER, make requests..........but there is a first time for everything....

I recently uploaded something to the adult sister site that would work like a charm with this, if only there was a location just a few sim inches lower than the "lowerbelly". I could use a larger image, and therefore increase detail in rendering, the player could control size and transparency, the possibilities are many!

Anyway, think about it.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#89 Old 24th May 2011 at 8:54 PM
You're not the first to suggest this, and I'm considering working on it for when the next patch comes out next week. I assume locations for 'upstairs' would be useful too? The trick will be to have a way to hide the locations for those who don't want them.
Test Subject
#90 Old 24th May 2011 at 11:31 PM
I have not attempted it yet, as it did not occur to me until today, but I might be able to do the "upstairs" with what is already available (upper chest). I get more coverage with a 1024 image which is now possible thanks to you. It would require a lot of in and out game testing, so it might take me a couple of days to get back to you on that.

As for the other, a simpler solution (of course, what do I know?) might be a separate override that moves "lower belly" even lower....
Test Subject
#91 Old 29th May 2011 at 3:43 PM
Could you upload it for The Sims 3 Generations? Because it doesn't work with it.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#92 Old 29th May 2011 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tekk_
Could you upload it for The Sims 3 Generations? Because it doesn't work with it.

The Generations patch isn't even out yet, and you're nagging me? Sorry, but you'll have to wait a few days until I can patch my system, update the mod, and (probably) add a couple of new locations I'm working on.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 29th May 2011 at 6:56 PM
Everything works fine for me, but Teens can't have tattoos...
I haven't tried applying them in CAS, but they can't have tattoos done on game.

I have these installed:
cmar_XCAS_TattoosForTeens_Ambitions
cmar_XCAS_TattoosForTeens_Basegame

And the core, and other files of course
And I have the Ambitions expansion.

Sorry if they are only to add tattoos on CAS
Test Subject
#94 Old 29th May 2011 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
The Generations patch isn't even out yet, and you're nagging me? Sorry, but you'll have to wait a few days until I can patch my system, update the mod, and (probably) add a couple of new locations I'm working on.

I bought TS3 Generations in Poland 1 day ago so I thought that you have it;]
Don't be angry. I will wait for sure! no problem
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#95 Old 29th May 2011 at 10:01 PM
@Galarzaa: I haven't tested with the Tattoo Artist, so I can't give a definite answer. Do you mean that the teens don't have an option to be tattooed in-game? If so, that's probably a restriction in code that's not affected by this mod. I suggest you try in CAS and/or take the sim into CAS or the tattoo screen using Master Controller. That should definitely work.

@tekk: Sorry, I didn't mean to sound mad! I think it's funny how people are asking for an update 5 minutes after a new version is released, but you were two days early! (From my POV in the US and waiting for the official release, anyway.) It would be MUCH easier if it came out over the weekend instead of on a workday when it'll take me at least a couple of days to have time to update, so I'm a little mad at EA because of that!
Test Subject
#96 Old 29th May 2011 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound mad! I think it's funny how people are asking for an update 5 minutes after a new version is released, but you were two days early! (From my POV in the US and waiting for the official release, anyway.) It would be MUCH easier if it came out over the weekend instead of on a workday when it'll take me at least a couple of days to have time to update, so I'm a little mad at EA because of that!

I just love this mod so I thought that I let you know that it doesn't work with new the sims ;] I will wait for sure
Instructor
THANKS POST
#97 Old 30th May 2011 at 1:40 PM Last edited by FifthAce2007 : 30th May 2011 at 4:19 PM. Reason: Apologies
My apologies for this, I hadn't read that someone had already asked about Generations

Will this be updated for Generations?

Having got every expansion pack to date now, inc Gen, this mod doesn't seem to work for me It gets to the loading screen, and the text at the bottom stays with the "copyright" message, it doesn't begin to load.

I am using the newer method of adding CC, the "my docs" method, does the dx.dll still need to be present in the game directory as well or...

I am not fantastic when it comes to these sort of things If I have missed something obvious, please let me know.

In the mean time, I have gone back to using the extended game core, http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=381046 which despite flashing the 6 weeks have passed warning, seems to work fine with Gen.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#98 Old 30th May 2011 at 5:01 PM
@FifthAce2007: No problem. Yes, I'll update sometime this week or next weekend at the latest. Meanwhile it won't work with Generations.

Did this mod work before? No, you don't need the .dll if you're using the new 'Documents' location. Are you using any other core mod? ECG WILL conflict, although some people are able to use both.

Please test after XCAS is updated for Generations and let me know. You can also try using the Master Controller version which is not a core mod and can coexist with EGC, once it's updated for Generations and for the new version of my tattoo expansions.
Instructor
#99 Old 30th May 2011 at 5:56 PM
Cheers, at the moment I am using the extended game core mod, but once you have updated this one, I will remove that and use this instead.

I prefer to use only the minimum of hacks, as if anything starts going wrong, it is easier to diagnose. TS3 isn't the quickest of games for loading, and going in and out trying to test different configs takes up too much time, and as I found with TS2, I ended up spending more time troubleshooting etc than actually playing

I look forward to the update. I only really want a core mod for the body sliders, but the alternate tatoo positions is intrieging me

FifthAce2007

My Sims 2 creations are no longer supported. Regardless of what the individual post says, feel free to clone, recolour, chuck on a bonfire or mix in a blender! Just credit me/this site with the upload, and upload here only, thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 31st May 2011 at 2:02 AM
Can't play this on Generations, needs to be updated just so you know if you didn't already.
Page 4 of 68