Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#251 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 12:09 AM Last edited by yaaravanesse : 28th Jan 2009 at 5:54 AM.
Decided to update and create something with Blendy's figure in it:

Obviously the colors can be changed and a more 3-D form can be achieved if that is what is wanted.

Again, suggestions and comments are more than welcome. <3

*edit* fixed the text.
Advertisement
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#252 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 12:24 AM
I'm loving everyone's entries so far! Can't wait to see your full sets in all the sizes mentioned in the first post. Speaking of which.... yaaravanesse, please re-read that first post. MTS2 is becoming Mod The Sims, and the other sites' names are changing too. That's kinda the point of this whole thing.
Test Subject
#253 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 1:21 AM Last edited by solopop : 28th Jan 2009 at 1:34 AM. Reason: Didn't like the other one.
Default My Try
Well I had a try for Sim Adult. It isn't very good but anywho.

Tell me if you like it!

Long live MTS!
Lab Assistant
#254 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 1:26 AM
Cafepress.com? I work for Cafepress.com. I also work for Zazzle. If you think I should enter the contest, I will design a logo for the site. If you want to see some of my work, you may go to http://www.zazzle.com/okalani/gifts or http://www.cafepress.com/Okalani and http://www.cafepress.com/cp/members...oreid=Okalani_2
I haven't exactly come up with any ideas for the theme, but I will work on it. Thanks for giving my art something to do. :D

[QUOTE]Artist Formally Known as Okalani You'll be seeing my posts for suggestions of what may help you improve your posts. I have S2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, and Seasons![QUOTE]
Test Subject
#255 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
I'm loving everyone's entries so far! Can't wait to see your full sets in all the sizes mentioned in the first post. Speaking of which.... yaaravanesse, please re-read that first post. MTS2 is becoming Mod The Sims, and the other sites' names are changing too. That's kinda the point of this whole thing.

I'm sorry, I do know that, I just keep forgetting when I'm in Illustrator. Haha!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#256 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 2:45 AM
I'mSimalicious!, while I do like the graphics, I wouldn't allow those in the contest without getting specific approval from blendy since you are directly using part of thier work. I hope you understand.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#257 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 3:40 AM Last edited by okalani : 28th Jan 2009 at 5:34 AM. Reason: I forgot you guys changed the name
Okalani's Sibmission

At first I was going to do a purple plumbob, but the rules stated that we're not allowed to. So I guess I did as original as I could. I suggest you try it with a dark background. If you need me to change the background color for you, please ask through pms. If you want me to make a gif, please ask me. Those Gifs are examples. Another Example:

[QUOTE]Artist Formally Known as Okalani You'll be seeing my posts for suggestions of what may help you improve your posts. I have S2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, and Seasons![QUOTE]
Lab Assistant
#258 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 5:16 AM
OMG! You all are so talented! I sat here and just stared at all of them for a long time. In the end I realized my eye was drawn to Blendy's and Black Orchid... Both look really modern and updated and both bring something a little different.

Good luck to all of you... ;o)

Please do not upload, or post any of my creations to the Sims2 Exchange or any pay site. As a note; I like to personalize all my creations by altering the alpha files a bit, which if anyone has tried before it can be a pain. ;o) Happy Simming :o)

More Jules5 creations
Lab Assistant
#259 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Black0rchid
I think best logos are clean, simple and minimal.
For mts, i begin thinking at a symbol, because I don't like gears symbol..it's too much "work in progress" and too much "operative stuff" (sorry for my english)
Gears seems to say "we are technical worker", BUT what I want it to say is "we are creative" or "here you can find creative ideas"
So, I thought at at the symbol of "creation" and "idea" par excellence, that is the bulb, the light.
My proposal:

Below, my work in progress:

(i don't know why image here in the forum is blurred, look at the image in photobucket)
http://s598.photobucket.com/albums/...hid_logomts.jpg

Bulb is perfect also because we can use it as plumbob is used in game.
Bulb over a head, and over everything can mean that this thing is about mts.
users with bulb over head, are mts user, and so on.
And this symbol can be used as an icon everywhere.
Here in mts we have a bulb over head instead of a plumbob

I post my work in progress and my preference above, so you can see different positions. I can also change the font and colours, but first it was important to explain the concept.
Concept summary:
- symbol of "idea" and "creativity"
- unique symbol near text(clean and minimal) (like as TS, that has the plumbob symbol, unique, near text)
- symbol that can be used like plumbob, but with more meanings (creativity, ideas, new, mind, etc)

May I point out that it doesn't say "Different" to me? It's not because I think mine is better, I'm just suggesting that you try something that doesn't look like everyone else's.

Test Subject
#260 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 6:00 AM Last edited by yaaravanesse : 28th Jan 2009 at 7:27 AM.
Another idea going back to the classic...

Test Subject
#261 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 8:26 AM
so its goining to bedifrent. well !! we see if i can find or brew up anything.
still magic will be there
Lab Assistant
#262 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 2:14 PM
well now can i try my skills in photoshop elements 6
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#263 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 2:33 PM
okalani, a few things:

Firstly, animated logos are NOT allowed in any way shape or form.

Secondly, I think your designs are way too simplistic and doesn't really convey the feeling of the sites. I just really don't think they would work here.

Lastly, I happen to quite like BlackOrchids ideas (as I have said previously) and I would appreciate if you don't criticise other entrants work for no reason.

yaaravanesse, I like those but I'd like to see them in the other formats first - and I'm also confused as to why the wiki has rings :P

Wiki Wizard
#264 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 5:07 PM
I think the "ring" you're talking about is meant to be part of a mignifying glass, the clear seperation of the handel to the lens part makes it unobvious but i think it is a mignifying glass I also love those designs!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#265 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 5:08 PM
I believe yaaravanesse meant for the icon for the Wiki to be a magnifying glass. I'm just guessing. Maybe add something a little reflective-looking in it's head to it doesn't get confused for rings?
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#266 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 5:12 PM
Um, yeah I thought it was a magnifying glass too.

BTW BlackOrchid, I agree with your thoughts on using a simple recognizable image.
Instructor
#267 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 6:36 PM Last edited by jon119 : 28th Jan 2009 at 7:29 PM.
Hi everyone.
My Inkscape skills are still limited and so the icon idea I present today are of course quite amateurish in comparison to all your impressive and creative entries! Please consider it as a first draft , it's just for MTS, if I manage to get better at making such things and if you all and especially Delphy see some potential in it I'll develop logos for the other network members, too.
Nonetheless I want to show you my idea as it is a bit different than most of the ideas shown here before.
I'd be glad to hear some comments or if it's a little inspiration for some of the others.
Test Subject
#268 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 7:23 PM
Because the first design might have been unclear, I updated the design of the wiki symbol:

And Delphy, I'll be drawing up and posting the correct sizes and formats later today or tomorrow. <3
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#269 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 7:32 PM
Okay thats much clearer - thanks

Lab Assistant
#270 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 8:24 PM
I'm so glad that mts2 is expanding. I have not contributed to this site for some time, since i needed to remove the game from my computer to free up some space (50g of custom content!!!). I now have a new computer and since the sims 3 ir soon arriving, i decided not to re-install my game.

My firts contribution in a while, hope you like them

MTS:

MTS 60x60:

Adult Sims:

Wiki:

Community:

Links:

Matching buttons can be uploaded if needed
Wiki Wizard
#271 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 8:25 PM
That is much better Yaar And i can see the potential Jon, i get what you're trying to do and i imagine that the bit of graphics coming from the pencil will be extremely hard to create! When going for your next draft try using the mid colour of all the shades as the line colour and make it slightly thicker

Wiki Wizard
#272 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 8:27 PM
Wow Autiep, i love those designs! I especially like the sims community one, i think you should do the same thing to the adult one as you did to the wiki one also with an image behind it all, it looks good

Test Subject
#273 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 8:43 PM
I just uploaded Sims 2 to my Windows partition on my Mac. NOW I'm ready to Mod Sims 2, just on the eve of the release of Sims 3. With all that I have read here and elsewhere this past week, I know that Sims 2 will be around for a very long time.

I just want to thank everyone and give kudos to all the extremely creative people who make Sims 2 play/creation far more interesting!
Test Subject
#274 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 10:11 PM
yaar has won me over.
The design is simple, modern, sleek, and promising. I love when fonts are bold, then thin .. its so attractive, especially for a clean slate.

All the best, and can't wait for this new site!
Lab Assistant
#275 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 1:51 AM
Really nice to hear, after I heard otherwise just days ago. I don't plan on getting 3, because 2 is huge. I've only scratched at a few extra neighborhoods, and all of my custom families are in Pleasantview. How [ ] is that? I spent most of my time building and editing designs, but also searching for art deco period items online. Mts2 has been a real help for that. So thanks for hosting, and choosing to go forward into the upcoming game.
Page 11 of 17