Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Retired
retired moderator
#3176 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 12:46 PM Last edited by kiwi_tea : 29th Jun 2014 at 1:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
See, these little details are actually good news...
Exactly. The way TS3 just showered you in buffs and cheat-y objects and money and similar rewards just made playing the game so... ...unrewarding.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Advertisement
#3177 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
I need one of those. Specially when I'm in this thread Where did you get your washable keyboard? I haven't seen any here at all.

it's the Logitech K130, and sold at wal-mart for under 30. But don't hold me to that, we changed the mod for electronics last week and I don't know what we have in store right now. The official site for logitech doesn't seem to have it so if you don't have a wal-mart i guess amazon or soemtihng would be the nexct best thing.
Alchemist
#3178 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 12:48 PM
Unpopular opinion incoming: The Sims 4 still has the chance of being a good game, the odds are just really high
Lab Assistant
#3179 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Motorcitydude
Oh, they understand alright. It's just that they just don't care.

They better begin to care if they want to sell their game...
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3180 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 12:52 PM
I am going to buy it. If I don't enjoy playing I'll probably get hours of fun pulling it apart to try and find out what makes it tick.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Retired
retired moderator
#3181 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Unpopular opinion incoming: The Sims 4 still has the chance of being a good game, the odds are just really high
I think if you're not interested in building or the aesthetic side of the game (ie, if you don't care about the setting of your stories), it'll probably be quite fun, and if you are, it'll probably be intolerably frustrating and limited.

Lab Assistant
#3182 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:01 PM
I still think it's hilarious. They add things like water and electricity shut down when not paying bills, but they cut out a complete life stage.

Priorities, just priorities..

Someone obviously hasn't 'pushed' enough to get them in..
Retired
retired moderator
#3183 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alan_Gast
hehe, that's been my patchwork solution for the past month or so. and it'll likely never be fixed. three cheers for EA's stellar game support!

Also, not to dredge up the old toddler woes, but i'm curious about how they're going to add toddlers through a patch/EP without seeming like they're doing it sheepishly; as though it's a new feature that they're excited about adding organically to the game to enhance our existing weird, toddler-excluding stories. maybe they'll go the inane 'simmers have been asking for this for a while!!!' route and feign ignorance to retain some pride?

One year later: Simcity... ...er, I mean... ...The Sims 4... ...now with offline mode... ...I mean, um... ...toddlers! That was it! New to Simcity: Toddlers!

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3184 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:02 PM
Also, not to dredge up the old toddler woes, but i'm curious about how they're going to add toddlers through a patch/EP without seeming like they're doing it sheepishly; as though it's a new feature that they're excited about adding organically to the game to enhance our existing weird, toddler-excluding stories. maybe they'll go the inane 'simmers have been asking for this for a while!!!' route and feign ignorance to retain some pride?

It would be worth the price of an EP and the razzmatazz of a big announcement if they made it a complete preschooler package with both toddlers and nursery/kindergarten age, and had a daycare system and good useful nannies. The ***NEW*** feature being the 3-5 age group that we have never had before.

Actually I wonder if they'd not have been better leaving teens out too, then bring them in with the right skeletons and with additional pre-teen (10-13) age group plus loads of teen activities.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#3185 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
On a side note related to money stuff (and I'm going to keep this short - the spacebar on my keyboard broke today and it's really annoying typing), the consequences of not paying your bills is more severe now. Let your bills go without paying them? First your power gets shut off. Next your water gets shut off. It's a fun scenario to put your Sims in on occasion (they recognize it and get some unique socials about it). The bill upkeep on more expensive homes is harsher than it's been in the past as well, so you truly better be earning enough to support living in one. I hope both those things contribute to greater challenges when you put your Sims in those situations.

Well, I'm going to need a motherlode cheat.
Retired
retired moderator
#3186 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Actually I wonder if they'd not have been better leaving teens out too

Stop giving them ideas, Inge.

Field Researcher
#3187 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:17 PM
To be honest they could drop babies to. The only interesting life stages are child and adult lol. The rest are fillers.
Or EA should make them interesting atleast.
Inventor
#3188 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:20 PM
Has there been an official (and I use the term loosely) statement / tweet on whether there are ghosts in the basegame or not yet? I'm all confused
Lab Assistant
#3189 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
So we're back to the half naked babies, huh? Well it's a nice callback to TS2 and they do have legs but....Why? Why are babies not allowed to wear clothes? Or have hair?

This always bugged me in Sims 2. And even in Sims 3, you could tell the burrito babies were practically naked inside the blanket. And also, why do baby cribs never have blankets/covers? The babies/toddlers just lie there on the crib completely bare. It just doesn't make any sense to me??

And also, I will be in rage if the only way we can make cupcakes is if we have that huge awful machine.

But on a positive note, love the power and water getting shut off because of unpaid bills.
Lab Assistant
#3190 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Edero
Someone actually mentioned that pools and toddlers will be added in a patch like a month or two after the game comes out but I'm not that optimistic.

No one official has actually said that yet. It's just an assumption that many players make.
Scholar
#3191 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aninhas103
And also, I will be in rage if the only way we can make cupcakes is if we have that huge awful machine.

If the machine works like the TS2 job reward, the cupcake eating is just show and all you get from it is cooking skill and a few simoleons.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Field Researcher
#3192 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by letrax
No one official has actually said that yet. It's just an assumption that many players make.

The Sims 3 added different things from expansions through patches such as: ability to swim in the ocean, diving board (yes the Sims 3 shipped without a diving board... We actually had to wait 3 years . Just cut the whole damn pool in that case! ), staircases, ladders, lots placement in water, lot placement itself and sometimes new build/buy objects. So I wouldn't rule out toddlers and pools are going to be free patched in the game. The Sims 3 had the same problem .
Lab Assistant
#3193 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by letrax

I highly doubt they will add them in a free patch.
Toddlers need interactions, items, clothing etc. So they probably do this in an expansion pack :/

And god who knows how long we have to wait before we get them back. Remember how long we had to wait for Seasons in The Sims 3 ....

And hey: we're still dealing with EA here. Such things they rather charge us extra $$ for.
Inventor
#3194 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:35 PM
There are a lot of assumptions going on from players. There are a lot on youtube who are convinced that babies and toddlers have been combined and even passing along this information as officially confirmed by the gurus.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Field Researcher
#3195 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:37 PM
Also, i wonder how the hell they would managed to plop a pool building feature into that kind of an EP without it seeming out of place, or not in line with the theme. maybe they'll brand it a """weird""" new feature

I wonder if we'll see some kind of "Family Fun" expansion pack that includes toddlers, maybe pre-teens, pools and other activities for the family as a whole. I would be surprised if they made an EP based solely around nursery school and toddlers and activities solely for them.
Lab Assistant
#3196 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tedw
I wonder if we'll see some kind of "Family Fun" expansion pack that includes toddlers, maybe pre-teens, pools and other activities for the family as a whole. I would be surprised if they made an EP based solely around nursery school and toddlers and activities solely for them.

I think they won't.
I think they will come up with some kind of ''Generations'' expansion pack to put them in.
Question is: How long do we have to wait? It doesn't make sense if we have to wait 4 years, since Sims 5 will be on it's way by then. LOL.
Lab Assistant
#3197 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:38 PM
It's not only toddlers, they need to add real teens too! For me they took away 2 life stages not only one, wich is even worse !
Mad Poster
#3198 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
There are a lot of assumptions going on from players. There are a lot on youtube who are convinced that babies and toddlers have been combined and even passing along this information as officially confirmed by the gurus.

Silly of them. The fact that babies and toddlers have not been combined is one thing we actually have had officially confirmed.

Quote: Originally posted by Rock Chick
Has there been an official (and I use the term loosely) statement / tweet on whether there are ghosts in the basegame or not yet? I'm all confused

As far as I know, no. We were told 'no' to supernaturals and when asked if that meant no ghosts or aliens, we were told 'oops, I thought you meant like the EP' but no actual yes or no to ghosts (or aliens).
Field Researcher
#3199 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rudy90
I think they won't.
I think they will come up with some kind of ''Generations'' expansion pack to put them in.
Question is: How long do we have to wait? It doesn't make sense if we have to wait 4 years, since Sims 5 will be on it's way by then. LOL.

I'm not sure which part of my post you're saying they won't do - the first part was something I imagine more like a "Generations" pack, but with pools and possibly other things that they can try to angle into a theme. If barbecues weren't already in the game, they could've put them there. Same with picnics (if they're in). And sprinklers, which I'm sure we heard were in the game but surely can't be if there's no swimwear.
Lab Assistant
#3200 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tedw
I'm not sure which part of my post you're saying they won't do - the first part was something I imagine more like a "Generations" pack, but with pools and possibly other things that they can try to angle into a theme. If barbecues weren't already in the game, they could've put them there. Same with picnics (if they're in). And sprinklers, which I'm sure we heard were in the game but surely can't be if there's no swimwear.

''I would be surprised if they made an EP based solely around nursery school and toddlers and activities solely for them.'' - I think they won't do that.
Locked thread
Page 128 of 920