Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#8351 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Best_Leopard
Speaking of delays...

Still no word on this supposed "15 minutes of gameplay footage," eh?

They're waiting for an intern to finish writing the script.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#8352 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tedw
I'm not entirely sure if this is the right thread for this - I know it's not really news about TS4. For testing purposes, I made a default replacement of the blue skin tone in the game, changing the blue for a purple color. It shows that default replacement mods can be made for things like skin. Hopefully replacements could be made to fix issues with some of the darker skin tones lacking warmth and some of the eye colors being too similar (there are two greens and two blues that are almost identical to each other).

Obviously this isn't the same as adding new skin tones or eye or hair colors, but it's a (small) start.

Someone, please, de-ashy those darker skinned tones. Please.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#8353 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:20 PM
Obviously this isn't the same as adding new skin tones or eye or hair colors, but it's a (small) start.

Wow, already? You guys are amazing.

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

Yes, please. Anything would be better than those skintones.
Forum Resident
#8354 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anshin Lanugo
My country is on that list and still no CAS demo invite for me.

Still you have a chance, i have.. cero
Test Subject
#8355 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:21 PM
Meanwhile, at EA:

Field Researcher
#8356 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

I'll definitly do that myself, if nobody else does (and I bet others will try, too). But I question the wisdom of doing it now, pre-release, just in case either the skin tones or the file formats change between now and the launch of the game. If people really want it now, though, I'd be happy to try.
Mad Poster
#8357 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:43 PM
I'll definitly do that myself, if nobody else does (and I bet others will try, too). But I question the wisdom of doing it now, pre-release, just in case either the skin tones or the file formats change between now and the launch of the game. If people really want it now, though, I'd be happy to try.

Even if the formats change, at least the textures would still exist, for later.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#8358 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Best_Leopard
Speaking of delays...

Still no word on this supposed "15 minutes of gameplay footage," eh?
And this is much more important to me than the demo... I want to see the UI !!!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8359 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jendra9311
If they're smart (debateable) they'll pay a lot more attention to the fans this time around though.

Yeah, that's what we said last time so...
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2000
Yeah, as I recall, that tram appeared in the very first screenshot I saw of TS4. The tram was a great source of intrigue and optimism at the time. Well... so much for that!

Talking of things being brought in and announced as new, I guess only some of us remember the tram in TS1 so that's not exactly new either (though I too thought it would be a lovely feature). The TS1 tram wasn't exactly mass transit but it was ****functional***** You know how that is so hard to do?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#8360 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:50 PM
I love reading this forum. So many different opinions, and intelligent discussion on sims topics! Also, after reading for I think a few months now, I've come to love the regulars lol mostly the funny ones....ie Original_Sim. So many lols
Anyway, I received the demo first day. I'm not special at all... Not a yib sim at all...And was utterly shocked I got it. But I'll be honest, it's fun! Just making sims and their stories is great fun, but even now I've got a little bit bored... the colour wheel is definitely missed. That was obvious from the very beginning. Original creativity has been ripped away. I hope they have the ability to add these things later...
But what really grinds my gears is the missing toddlers and same height as adult teens. I hope we get a change with that eventually, or at least more face wrinkle options so we can make our adults look older... There's only 1 forhead wrinkle, and a kinda cheek indent (not sure the exact name lol) without more aging options how will we be able to tell who's a teen VS who's an adult? I just don't want to constantly have awkward situations... It seems weird!
I'm preordering though... But I will tell you this.... SIMS 4 better step it up this time (add toddlers and pools eventually) or this will be my last go around and I will no longer be a part of the sims franchise. I will say bye bye to my favourite game ever, and I know I'll be sad, but I will have to do it! I can't continue with a brand that is destroying it's main features! I'm hoping beyond all hope that these missing features will be added to game in time! I hope! I hope! Or there will be no sims 5 no matter what.....oh the horror!!!
Lab Assistant
#8361 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by queziacristina
I'm also tempted to buy Dragon Age Inquisition, but it's EA too...

Yeah but at least Bioware got a bit more time to work with the game this time around. DA:I is actually the first on my list of games that I want.
Scholar
#8362 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 6:38 PM
Has this been discussed yet?

http://imgur.com/Pc451VW

I can't quite track it down to a source yet. I'm also not sure if this means that they're just giving all of The Sims 2 away to anyone who owns any version via Origin? Anyone know?

Interesting since I've spent a few weeks now making posts about how dumb it is that they won't let people buy TS2.
Field Researcher
#8363 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
I can't quite track it down to a source yet. I'm also not sure if this means that they're just giving all of The Sims 2 away to anyone who owns any version via Origin? Anyone know?

Dunno the original source for your image, but I just checked my email and I've got the same thing. No change to my Origin games as of yet, though.
Scholar
#8364 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 6:42 PM
Dunno the original source for your image, but I just checked my email and I've got the same thing. No change to my Origin games as of yet, though.

Hum. I have The Sims 2 Double Deluxe, legitimately purchased from Origin, and I got no such email. I wonder if they will roll it out to everyone, or just owners of The Sims 2 (vanilla).

It's extra stupid because I would actually give them money to obtain that, if it's all the games included. I tried to re-buy all of TS2 last year digitally (so I could easily install it to any machine), but it was right when they yanked it from the store. It'll be funny if I can't get it because I have Double Deluxe rather than the standard base game.
Lab Assistant
#8365 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 6:48 PM
The entire Sims 2 collection for free on download?? Huuhh... Hunnnnghhh... *vomits excitement*

You can call me London, Londo, Londonite, or Mitchie :3
"When you pressure blast Mountain Dew out of your anus, it is not easily forgotten."
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8366 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Has this been discussed yet?

http://imgur.com/Pc451VW

Interesting since I've spent a few weeks now making posts about how dumb it is that they won't let people buy TS2.

Iiiiinteresting. Perhaps I should try registering a couple of my TS2 games to Origin (never bothered doing it before) and see what happens. I do already have everything though and even just reinstalled it all the other week, but even so...

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#8367 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 6:50 PM
*wipes mouth* that is if it's legitimate. If not... Prepare your firewalls.

"When you pressure blast Mountain Dew out of your anus, it is not easily forgotten."
Test Subject
#8368 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Iiiiinteresting. Perhaps I should try registering a couple of my TS2 games to Origin (never bothered doing it before) and see what happens. I do already have everything though and even just reinstalled it all the other week, but even so...

In order to register The Sims 2 on Origin you need to contact EA support live chat as the product activation window doesn't accept the keys. It was a fairly painless process when I did it.
Lab Assistant
#8369 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

I'd be curious as to what happens. If you do it, keep us updated. We want alllllll the deets.

Scholar
#8370 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Londonite04
*wipes mouth* that is if it's legitimate. If not... Prepare your firewalls.

Eh, that would be an extremely complicated (and very well-spelled) phishing attempt. Especially since it's basically saying: "Do nothing, the game will just appear."
Lab Assistant
#8371 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 7:05 PM
I got that email too, although I only have a few EPs and SPs on Origin and not the BG. I wonder what all the extra stuff they claim is included might be...
Scholar
#8372 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 7:11 PM
If any Double Deluxe owners get the email, please post. I suppose we'll all know in a week.
Field Researcher
#8373 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 7:22 PM
I have not yet got that email. I have physical copies of all the TS2 games (so I suppose I don't need it) but I'm not 100% sure theyre properly connected to my Origin account as they've been on so many other computers first and I cba to follow the procedure properly previously. I've got a game specific identity for the sims (doesn't specify WHICH sims, but I haven't played TS3 on my account, or TS1 in ~ a decade).

They might not offer this to me because I already have them all.

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Scholar
#8374 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 7:25 PM
Update: I just got the email from Origin (I ONLY own Sims 2 Double Deluxe via Origin).

I made a thread over here so we don't go too far O/T:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=528726
Field Researcher
#8375 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zanfall
In order to register The Sims 2 on Origin you need to contact EA support live chat as the product activation window doesn't accept the keys. It was a fairly painless process when I did it.

Thank you for mentioning that! I thought I was crazy and was just always typing my code in wrong or something.
Locked thread
Page 335 of 920