Replies: 130 (Who?), Viewed: 10336 times.
Page 6 of 6
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#126 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 11:32 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 12th Sep 2020 at 12:52 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by espresso-yourself
https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...zEt?usp=sharing Here's my save and the sim I'm using. I named it Thornalia V1 for the person I'm making it for. It's just the standard EA Shire breed horse that I saved to my bin in order to use the program. Let me know if I need to upload anything else, it's my first time doing it so I wasn't sure exactly which files you'd need. I really do appreciate your dedication and help!

Thanks! I need access to the Google Drive folder. I sent a request but it'll come from my Google email address, I think.

Edit: Got it. I'm getting the same result as you. I suspect the pelt layers and the bridle and saddle belong to a pack I don't own but will have to look into it. They could also be CC but you said you're not using any. Thanks, I'll use it for testing.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#127 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 4:07 PM
Is there any way to have it export the sim as a .obj with layers? ie; hair, clothes top, clothes bottom, shoes, face, accessories? Would make it much easier to select parts to texture in blender.
Test Subject
#128 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 4:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuHav
Testing with 2.79b, things do seem to be working better, including sims that are height adjusted. BUT the import and exporting sims animation files part of the addon do no seem to be working (so can't save them as poses) and none of the Load CAS, Load Prop etc show up. So, yes, seem to be able to pose them, but then... can't really do anything with that. Which... kinda defeats the object of having posable rig :/ I assume *someone* out there has figured out how to get Blender 2.79b to work with the sim animation tools...

(image shows sim with shorter height working with pose, also tested with taller sim)

How did you get the textures to apply so good? I can figure out the body, but not the face.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte
Original Poster
#129 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 4:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devicemodder1
Is there any way to have it export the sim as a .obj with layers? ie; hair, clothes top, clothes bottom, shoes, face, accessories? Would make it much easier to select parts to texture in blender.

The hair, face, scalp, and accessories are already separate. I can consider separating the top, bottom, and shoes.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#130 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 2:21 AM
Found a great application for TS3Ripper an d blender. use blender to export the sim as a .STL, and then they can be 3D printed.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#131 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 2:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
The hair, face, scalp, and accessories are already separate. I can consider separating the top, bottom, and shoes.

I figured it out. I was using a .obj file instead of the DAE. exported as DAE, and it's all working now.
Screenshots
Page 6 of 6