Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 1:07 AM Last edited by KimmaCrown : 8th Nov 2019 at 1:22 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Trouble Installing Lighting Mod For The Sims 2 Super Collection
I have just downloaded Spooky Muffin's lighting mod. However I can't find a way to properly install it. If anyone knows how to install a lighting mod for the Sims 2 Super Collection for Mac I would greatly appreciate some guidance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 1:41 AM
Do the reading, and make sure the mod isn't meant to be used with a higher EP than the super collection. I think most of the lighting mods assume you have AL/M&G, and may even need AL to work properly due to changes in those two packs.

You may have to settle for an older mod (if you can find one) since the Mac version only goes to BV.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do the reading, and make sure the mod isn't meant to be used with a higher EP than the super collection. I think most of the lighting mods assume you have AL/M&G, and may even need AL to work properly due to changes in those two packs.

You may have to settle for an older mod (if you can find one) since the Mac version only goes to BV.

Thank you so much for your help! However It seems like I am unable to install their mod. Any chance you know of any compatible lighting mods?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 12:50 PM
Have you tried to install the one by spookymuffin? From what I've seen in it, I think it only requires seasons.
Code:
Installation:
-first go to your C/program files/ea games/the sims2/ts data/res/lights and rename the .txt file called "lighting" to "maxis lighting".
This way the maxis settings are easy to find if you ever want to restore them.
-extract my lighting file( "spooky lighting.txt") to the above directory and rename it "lighting.txt"

Based off this thread by lordtyger:
Code:
Open the Applications folder, then RIGHT CLICK The Sims 2, and select "Show package contents"
Navigate then to Contents/Home/TSData/Res/lights
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Have you tried to install the one by spookymuffin? From what I've seen in it, I think it only requires seasons.
Code:
Installation:
-first go to your C/program files/ea games/the sims2/ts data/res/lights and rename the .txt file called "lighting" to "maxis lighting".
This way the maxis settings are easy to find if you ever want to restore them.
-extract my lighting file( "spooky lighting.txt") to the above directory and rename it "lighting.txt"

Based off this thread by lordtyger:
Code:
Open the Applications folder, then RIGHT CLICK The Sims 2, and select "Show package contents"
Navigate then to Contents/Home/TSData/Res/lights

Thank you so much! I was able to install the lighting mod! I also have a final question if you don't mind me asking. How would I remove townies on a custom hood?
Alchemist
#6 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KimmaCrown
Thank you so much! I was able to install the lighting mod! I also have a final question if you don't mind me asking. How would I remove townies on a custom hood?

That should be a different question, but if you're creating a new hood, you want to keep the townies from generating by disabling the folder in the system files that makes them, the N001 folder. If you don't want bin families either, you also disable the stealth hood folders.