Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 1:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Removing Townies For A Custom Hood
Attempting to create a custom hood, however I would like to remove all maxis townies. How do I do this for the Sims 2 Super Collection without corrupting my game? I am on a Mac Computer.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KimmaCrown
Attempting to create a custom hood, however I would like to remove all maxis townies. How do I do this for the Sims 2 Super Collection without corrupting my game? I am on a Mac Computer.

OK I never done this and don't care to do it, so I don't know that much, however I will help as much as I can.

Step 1. Open the Applications folder, then RIGHT CLICK The Sims 2 {or hold the Control Button and Click}, and select "Show package contents"

Step 2. Navigate then to Contents/Home/TSData/Res/UserData/Neighborhoods.

Step 3. Inside this Neighborhoods folder you should see N001.

Step 4. I guess that you need to re-name the N001 folder, but I am really not sure, do some research or get someone that knows to answer you. Hopefully @Sunrader will add her part and give the definitive answer. Like I noted above I have never done this and since it was not something that interests me I have never did my research, but I think Sunrader meant that you re-name the folder as that would disable the game from installing. As for the Stealth Neighborhoods, Sunrader will hopefully explain that as well.

Umm If I were you I would make a Back Up, so that I would not have to reinstall

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Alchemist
#3 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 7:20 PM
I don't know anything about the Mac installation, but, yes, essentially, that's it. Before you create the new hood, you rename the N001 folder in the installation files and you will not get townies. If you want to also prevent the bin families from generating, you do the same with all the stealth hoods, either by renaming folders or replacing those with empty ones or a combination of both. You might also want to make sure you have all the no-regen and anti-spawn mods to prevent extra NPCs, dormies, strays, etc. There are lots of posts on this sort of thing, so just find those and then ask Mac players for paths and such.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 9:54 PM
Renaming N001 was the first "mod" I put in my game. I got SO sick of seeing the same townies in every single neighborhood I made. Renaming N001 will force the game to randomly generate townies and NPCs in any new neighborhood you make.

If you want to completely prevent any new townies and NPCs from being created at all, you'll need Pescado's anti-respawn hacks - antiredundancy (NPCs), notownieregen (townies), nodormieregen (University dormies), nostrayrespawn (stray pets). There's also nossrespawn which affects University Secret Society members and works a little differently from the others. Nossrespawn forces the game to make Secret Society members from existing dormies instead of creating additional sims just to be Secret Society members.

Jawusa made clean and empty templates for the stealth neighborhoods. Putting these in your game files will prevent the game from adding the EP bin families (Ottomas, Ramaswami, Traveler, etc.) to every new neighborhood you make.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/520751...-templates.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 2:35 AM
Thank you all! I was able to create a townie free hood thanks to you all! :D
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Nov 2019 at 3:35 PM
Just don't delete the characters from the neighborhood folders, or you'll be waving good-bye to the neighborhood faster than you can fix up the mess it creates.

Use empty templates for hoods and stealth hoods (or download an already empty neighborhood) along with using all the "don't spawn redundant sims" mods, and you should be good to go.

The main hoods generate at least 300 characters each, most likely more - and that's even before you start making any families.