Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#626 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
I don't know if you saw this or not, but it should help you with the list:
http://simsvip.com/?p=1838

And, I don't know if this was asked, I remember somebody saying something about woohoo, but does anyone know if woohoo or pregnancy of animals is possible? I'm probably really late on this question, lol..And do the animals bloat up like the sims? Or not bloat up all the way, well horses would bloat up but show a sign of something in their "Tummy?"

Cats & dogs were pregnant for a few days in Sims 2, (and pairs woohooed in the pet houses). I don't think they looked pregnant, however. I could be remembering wrong, though, as it's been a while. I imagine they'll do something similar for Sims 3. Dunno about the active signs of pregnancy bloat, though. It'd be nice, but who knows.

I like how in the interview it said there would be a "ton of new traits for sims and pets." Well, considering how they said there would be a ton of new interactions for toddlers in Generations, and then we ended up with only that Claw one, I'm not exactly holding my breath here. Probably we'll just get two or three traits for sims, and a dozen for pets. I'd rather have two or three dozen for pets, but I'm trying to keep my expectations low here, considering past experiences.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#627 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 11:19 PM
I really didn't want this EP i hate pets but now it says that strays show up... that does it NO WAY..we don't all like fricking dogs at the door every 5 mins. It drove me insane in Sims 2
Lab Assistant
#628 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nestfilms
I really didn't want this EP i hate pets but now it says that strays show up... that does it NO WAY..we don't all like fricking dogs at the door every 5 mins. It drove me insane in Sims 2

Agreed. One of the essential mods for me in TS2 was the Strayaway sign. I think it was one of Inge's mods. I hope a TS3 version comes out quickly.
I'm not keen on pets, they were more trouble than they were worth in the earlier games, but I'll still get this pack for the new stuff and the new town. Also I'm curious to see what they do with horses.
Lab Assistant
#629 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 11:53 PM
I really hope they include a slew of new animations.. it will be disappointing if most of the new interactions with other Sims or Pets revolves around the same animation "talk about XYZ" topic or "Ask Pet to XYZ"....
Instructor
#630 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 11:55 PM
I didn't mind pets in TS2, I hardly had pets to be honest. I'm just looking forward to the horses, the way sims can actually ride them. I've always loved horses, especially games where you could actually ride them. There was something about TS2 pets that kind of.. Annoyed me. Probably the fact they weren't fully controllable, I'm not sure if it was that though. I just hope pets in TS3 don't have that thing that pets in TS2 had that annoyed me. Is there any mention of a new town? (Computer is lagging a bit too much for me to scroll through all the pages)
Field Researcher
#631 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 12:10 AM
Yeah, there's a new world.
Forum Resident
#632 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 1:44 AM
Actually strays never really bothered me on Sims 2 unless they came inside. I hardly paid attention to them to be honest. And my sims don't usually do anything about the hole because I pay no attention to that either, actually if they have a maid or butler they are the ones who do it (I think they do it).
Forum Resident
#633 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 3:13 AM
Here are some things I found on the Sims 3 forums:

First, there is this adorable picture of a cat playing with the Sims 3 Create-A-Pet:

Then, there is this information. I am not sure if it's been posted yet though.

About Horses and Stables
Quote: Originally posted by BloodNBiteMarks
They are definitely going to have some pre-made stables in the game. This isn't confirmed or anything but when you see the animals going through "Create A Pet" mode, there are quite obviously in a stable.

There are also going to end up being new gems it seems like.

Horse back riding IS a skill.

Also, we are going to have a new thing called "Motives" that seems as if it is just for animals.

An example of motives being used is when he says something along the lines of, "Depending on how well you take care of your cat/dog or your relationship with your cat/dog will decide if your dog/cat has the ""Motive"" to ruin furniture."

Referring to Sim VIP PC Pet Interview

Forum Resident
#634 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 6:59 AM Last edited by Mishy : 21st Jul 2011 at 7:13 AM.

now that is just too fÖcking cute!
Lab Assistant
#635 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annette19
Agreed. One of the essential mods for me in TS2 was the Strayaway sign. I think it was one of Inge's mods. I hope a TS3 version comes out quickly.
I'm not keen on pets, they were more trouble than they were worth in the earlier games, but I'll still get this pack for the new stuff and the new town. Also I'm curious to see what they do with horses.

yeah i would have bought it but not if we can't get rid of strays...i never knew there was a mod for sims2 and strays...The thing is i live in london and have never seen a stray like in the sims2 (actually never seen a stray at all) why the hell are they there?
Mad Poster
#636 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 10:36 AM
why the hell are they there?

They're just visiting so they can mooch for a while.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#637 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 11:09 AM
Fantastic. I like the idea that horse riding is now a skill. I just hope that there are careers that requires this skills and how well it will integrate with other expansions.
Instructor
#638 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 2:15 PM
yeah i would have bought it but not if we can't get rid of strays...i never knew there was a mod for sims2 and strays...The thing is i live in london and have never seen a stray like in the sims2 (actually never seen a stray at all) why the hell are they there?

It was to give your sims a chance to befriend and adopt the strays. It just got wildly out-of-hand with the numbers. Sadly, here in the USA, strays are all too common. Particularly cats.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Lab Assistant
#639 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelicScot
It was to give your sims a chance to befriend and adopt the strays. It just got wildly out-of-hand with the numbers. Sadly, here in the USA, strays are all too common. Particularly cats.

Agreed - there's less.... uh... pest control around here in the USA. But you're lucky to have cats; they probably keep to themselves. Around here we have dogs galore, and they form packs and multiply like crazy. There's no RL stray-away sign to put in the yard, so yeah, they DO come by and randomly dig holes to bury their trash from someone else's house. XP EA got that one right on the money.

Anyway! I do like the idea that horse riding is a skill to be learned... and I can't remember if it was mentioned anywhere but can kids ride horses? When skills come around, children are usually the ones to get shafted the most. IIRC, they can't even learn to play instruments, and the prospect of horse riding looks slim, but I'd like to have some small hope that they won't be ignored this time...
Mad Poster
#640 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 3:38 PM
I hope making friends with strays is easier than in TS2. The only time I managed to adopt a stray was while wearing the aspiration reward that looked like glasses, because it boosted your interaction score, and then I held a very intense play session with the cat in question. There were way too many strays in TS2 and they came too randomly on the lot, sometimes you would first meet a stray when a kid, then spend your life having wants towards him, and the next time he came on the lot you were already an elder.
Forum Resident
#641 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mishy
IMG]Image of hamster in sunglasses[/IMG

now that is just too fÖcking cute!

Hey, even hamsters need to look cool in the summer.

Also, what I think would be interesting would be having pet shows for dogs and cats and maybe a saddle club for the horses. Or instead of pet shows, maybe an animal lover's club at the school.
I am wondering if there will be something similar to the medical career, like a vet or something for your animals as well.
Field Researcher
#642 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I hope making friends with strays is easier than in TS2. The only time I managed to adopt a stray was while wearing the aspiration reward that looked like glasses, because it boosted your interaction score, and then I held a very intense play session with the cat in question. There were way too many strays in TS2 and they came too randomly on the lot, sometimes you would first meet a stray when a kid, then spend your life having wants towards him, and the next time he came on the lot you were already an elder.

I think that's why you were able to call them on the phone, but I never wanted to do that.. it was far too unrealistic for my tastes. Setting aside pets talking on the phone, where in the world did they even get a phone?! They're strays! Everything about it made no sense.

Hopefully this time around if you feed a pet or get a certain relationship with it by the time it leaves, it'll be more likely to come to your house again.
Field Researcher
#643 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 11:51 PM
No height slider? I'll never be able to make a realistic Basset Hound.
Lab Assistant
#644 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KaiRuh
I think that's why you were able to call them on the phone, but I never wanted to do that.. it was far too unrealistic for my tastes. Setting aside pets talking on the phone, where in the world did they even get a phone?! They're strays! Everything about it made no sense.

Hopefully this time around if you feed a pet or get a certain relationship with it by the time it leaves, it'll be more likely to come to your house again.

Or hey! The neighborhood's open. Maybe we can follow them around, and keep interacting with them; I don't think we had the chance in Sims 2 - once it wanted to leave, it left, and you may've never seen it again. And maybe even better: if the beast turns out to be a werewolf, and you have to get bitten by the alpha of the pack or whatever, it's a lot easier to keep chasing it down the street in an attempt to be friends than to hope the same one returns.

Either way, I think adopting strays will be a lot easier with the open 'hood, provided they don't just disappear or other families randomly adopt them first.
Forum Resident
#645 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 4:01 AM
Actually now that you reminded me of that. I wonder how it will go? Will the Stray dogs just be anywhere and you can look for them anytime? (Provided you look hard enough, like what if they go right at the end of a street and just sit there and you can't find it). How do Townies and Tourists work anyone know? Or NPCS for that matter,. I have ever only followed the Sims who have a house (Oh wait, I do remember pursuing a NPC for some reason and their car just disappeared).

Or maybe there will be an Animal Pound, and they will have an animal catcher catching stray animals.... Uuh actually that just make me think, if they do I bet our playable dogs and cats would sort of have a curfew like the teens/children, so if they are out late the Animal catcher might catch them (And either take them to the pound or return them).
Lab Assistant
#646 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 4:55 AM
I kind of imagine we'll be able to run into them all over the place. Like, your sim can be fishing at the park, and a stray dog or cat will wander by doing.... stray dog or cat things. I suppose if anyone befriends it, they can take it home. Or maybe if someone's chilling outside the bistro, an animal will wander up. I believe EA even mentioned something about wild horses - will they just be random from spawners, like bugs and gems/stones?

Really, I can see that one being problematic if, say, you have a city-based 'hood. The occasional dog or cat is fine, but there shouldn't be wild horses (or deer, if they're actually included in any of the versions) walking up and down the highway. Now I'm curious AND frightened. But I'm going to trust that the devs sorted all of that a long time ago, and weird stuff like that has already been eliminated.
Mad Poster
#647 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Metaisho
The occasional dog or cat is fine, but there shouldn't be wild horses (or deer, if they're actually included in any of the versions) walking up and down the highway. Now I'm curious AND frightened. But I'm going to trust that the devs sorted all of that a long time ago, and weird stuff like that has already been eliminated.

That issue will probably be solved with a deer crossing sign.
Mad Poster
#648 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 10:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ketsu_sama
No height slider? I'll never be able to make a realistic Basset Hound.

Isn't that what a custom slider would be for? I'm sure there will be plenty of custom Pet sliders around when Pets is released.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#649 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Isn't that what a custom slider would be for? I'm sure there will be plenty of custom Pet sliders around when Pets is released.

I was just about to say this. I figurred within two to three weeks there will be plenty of mods for the pets, possibly even sooner. I'm not sure what the turn around is for mods that involve things like slider hacks and such. I love using them....just don't ask me hoow to make them
Lab Assistant
#650 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 1:32 AM
I really love to see more strays. I think it would make the world more realistic and interesting. Perhaps they can tie it to the type of world we are playing. City maps like bridgeport for example should not be showing wildlife for that matter. Or maybe they could be added to the game world as spawners.

I also wonder if the pets will be forced to leave a household if they were abused / suffer a terrible relationship with their owners. Causing them to become strays.
Locked thread
Page 26 of 100