Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cellar - suitable fridge for your shipwrecked/Apocalypsed/medieval sims

by Jasana_BugBreeder Posted 13th Jun 2008 at 1:52 PM - Updated 27th Oct 2008 at 4:23 PM by -Maylin-

139 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 116 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Instructor
#76 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 4:26 PM
This is glorious! I play medieval sims and I'm always grateful for stuff like this; by now there's plenty of clothing but utility stuff is rare. And even with new animations! I'm so impressed and happy that some people can do that. Many thanks!
Field Researcher
#77 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 9:48 AM
thank you very much

I can't speak read and write english. I'm sorry if you can't understand!.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 4:13 PM
I had a slight problem. Firstly, my sim was able to get a bottle for a toddler. After that, when the sim tried to get the parent to read to her, she errored, then reset as an infant in a toddler's body. Thereafter all sims that tried to get the parent to read to them regressed to the previous lifestage whilst still in the older body.

I'm not sure if the one is connected to the other, but if nothing else it would appear that autonomous 'get bottle' is still enabled.

Living high contrast
Instructor
#79 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 12:54 PM
I just noticed about the missing "get bottle for" / "feed baby" options and went to the Sims graveyard to find the breastfeeding mod (another thing that's perfect for medieval or similar hoods, those bottles just don't fit in).

I found Squinge, but not the breastfeed mod. Is it in one of the folders? I looked through almost all of them.

BTW, thanks to JMTmom for pointing that out!

And yes, this looks even better in the game, with all the details like cheese, potatoes and dried fish in the cellar. Even by the standarts of featured uploads it's just stunning how many details there are and how well-done the whole thing is.
Instructor
#80 Old 11th Aug 2008 at 1:02 PM
Default Stupid me. Sorry.
Quote: Originally posted by alchemist
I found Squinge, but not the breastfeed mod. Is it in one of the folders? I looked through almost all of them.

**feeling foolish**

I think I found it. "feedbaby" in the yateenkidbaby_stuff file?

For anybody else, you'll find it at http://sims2graveyard.com --> Download --> Squinge --> yateenkidbaby_stuff.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 1:19 PM
Not sure why but i only seem to be able to make an instant meal or a tv dinner using this celler, and i don't think either of them were around in the medieval times, have i installed it wrong or something?
Instructor
Original Poster
#82 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gemificus
i only seem to be able to make an instant meal or a tv dinner using this celler

If you can make only them, then you forgot to place other stuff involved in cooking on lot - counters, stoves, etc.
The fact you can make them is not something that can be changed in any kind of fridge, including this cellar. You see, every food has a separate 'global' object (it exists on every lot, and exactly one - no duplicates - for each food); when a fridge menu is built, it cycles through all such objects, and either adds menu for corresponding food, or not - depends on time of day, sim cooking skill, available cooking objects, etc.
So, to hide instant meal from menu, a global mod is needed which would alter that food's global object. I didn't made one, because, well, different people may have different opinion on which food to hide - so I'd need to make a lot of variations. Sorry, I'm too lazy for that
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 11:32 PM Last edited by Gemificus : 19th Aug 2008 at 12:17 AM.
I understand that, i have the celler placed on one of my lots it also has a stove and counters and when i click have lunch for example the only option i'm given is tv dinner or instant meal, my sim has a few cooking skill points and so the later options like chef salad and chilli con carnie are showing up but still no lunch meat sandwitches spagetti or cerial is available,i tried changing the cooker
yet on a separate lot the celler give all those options i have place all the files available in the thread,
i was just wondering if there was something i may have done to stop theses options on this lot...

although thinking about it i am using MaryLou's 1x1 mini lot so maybe this could be the problem (no offence to Marylou of course)

love it otherwise and your fairies are awsome just about to run over and post that on that thread lol
Test Subject
#84 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 2:23 PM
that cellar is wonderful! perfect for my medieval sims!
i only wish i could feed my sim-infants/toddlers with it too.
Test Subject
#85 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 1:05 PM
Thank you! This is amazing!
Mad Poster
#86 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 10:16 PM
The breastfeeding mod is available at InSim where Squinge is alive and modding. I just downloaded it yesterday. It is reportely working in AL.

Ah, forgot to ask my question! This looks like this item can only be placed outside. Any chance at a cellar that can be placed as a part of the house? Sort of a cellar under the house that is accessable through the kitchen? ...maybe what I'm thinking of is more of a pantry...
Test Subject
#87 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 4:01 PM
I had a bit of a problem. I stocked the fridge with fish my sims had caught, but the option to cook them on the grill wasn't there, not even at dinner time.

Was I doing something wrong?
Test Subject
#88 Old 27th Nov 2008 at 9:11 PM
What a cracking good idea, thank you so much for sharing this brilliant creation.

* I am not a smurf*
Test Subject
#89 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 9:49 PM
you are a dang genius. seriously.
Test Subject
#90 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 2:58 AM
Hi There, I've been using this cellar for months now and am using it in medeival, ancient egypt, western and neanderthal settings.. It is AMAZING! I'm not too experienced in re-coloring, but I managed to recolor it in a few other textures, like stone and such... I've never uploaded anything anywhere, and wonder if anyone would want them? If you do, let me know and I will - I don't know - email the files to you??? Let me know!
Adele
Test Subject
#91 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 11:18 PM
Of all the many items I've downloaded this is absolutely my favorite object. My SCA Sims use it daily. Did have to get a pantry for those milk bottles. Don't know if the breast feeding mod is available or not. But, thanks for this item. Very, very creative.
Test Subject
#92 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 4:00 PM
this is amazing. thanks!
Test Subject
#93 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 2:56 PM
I just love this! As you say, there aren't many working fridges pre-industry. This looks great! Thankyou very much, Bye Foe Now MiaH

Just happy being around at ModTheSims2, getting a chance to get creative downloads, for my game. Mia.
Forum Resident
#94 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 10:54 PM
It's just perfect for medieval simmies, thank you so much! Works great! funny thing happened just today, when my poor peasant girl went to get food and it was wintertime (and ALOT of snow :D) and it looked like she was swimming in snow, when she was in the cellar but really, excellent work!
Test Subject
#95 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 1:50 AM
I waited until I actually had it in my game to write a comment. I'm using it in my medieval neighborhood: Fan-Simming-tastic! Tried wood pantries and such, but they just didn't cut it in a hovel. You are indeed an artist extraordinaire! I tug my forelock to you!
Field Researcher
#96 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 10:09 PM
Just wanted you to know this is one of my favorite items have played with it for months and wanted to, finally, drop you a personal thankyou. Play several rural sim lots without electricity by familiy choice or due to location on my islands. Even rich families are limited to the amount of power they are allowed to waste or types of furniture they are allowed ship in.
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 3:41 AM
Have been using this for sims weeks on multiple lots. It is a great item. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 3rd May 2009 at 9:23 PM
I say I say I say! a ship full of blue paint crashed into a ship full of red paint! the crew were MAROONED!
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 3rd May 2009 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psinatra
Of all the many items I've downloaded this is absolutely my favorite object. My SCA Sims use it daily. Did have to get a pantry for those milk bottles. Don't know if the breast feeding mod is available or not. But, thanks for this item. Very, very creative.

we do sca

Girl Addicted To Sims
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 3rd May 2009 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maranatah
It's just perfect for medieval simmies, thank you so much! Works great! funny thing happened just today, when my poor peasant girl went to get food and it was wintertime (and ALOT of snow :D) and it looked like she was swimming in snow, when she was in the cellar but really, excellent work!

WE THINK ALIKE
as in, not every sim has to be stinking rich.
i have unable to count how many poor ppls.

Girl Addicted To Sims
Page 4 of 6