Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 20th May 2020 at 7:48 AM
I really like the features we've seen so far, but the game can be beautiful af and still won't compete if they don't have the type of gameplay depth I'm looking for that have kept me playing the Sims 2 all these years instead of moving on to 3 and 4. So my judgement is completely reserved until we actually see what the AI can do, how personality affects AI and whatever wants/whims/ect system they include in the gameplay, and what sort of wants/whims/ect system they include and whether it's completely flat and predictable like Sims 3 and 4 or if it can add in some new directions to my gameplay like I find Sims 2 wants/fears can do.
Advertisement
#152 Old 20th May 2020 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I mean it's the very first look at a human character for the game. The furniture has improved a lot since the earliest screenshots and videos, so it's possible the Parafolks themselves will still get some more refinement.

I totally agree with you. I've noticed the furniture looks a lot better now than it did before, I'm sure she will too. And if you saw videos of Sims 2 way before it was released.. what a difference!

Also, for those of you who think she's too cartoony- there will be tons of CC eventually to make them look however you want. My Sims are cartoony because I like them that way - Maxis eyes, hairs, and skins. I see so many people who post pictures of their Sims and they look incredibly realistic due to the CC they use. Sims 2 is an old game which means we have plenty of CC already to morph it into whatever style we want. Paralives doesn't offer that yet since it's not even released. After it's released and people start making mods I'm sure the Para person will be able to be customized with CC to your heart's delight.
Scholar
#153 Old 20th May 2020 at 4:32 PM
I’ve been thinking about it more, and I think it’s very important that we don’t see the game just through the lens of it being a potential Sims competitor or we will be disappointed. From what I understand, Paralives seems to be more focused on the building than the Parafolk.
Mad Poster
#154 Old 20th May 2020 at 7:11 PM
So far we saw only paramaker. TS4 CAS was incredible too when it first came out before the game release. Some people are still thinking it is the best part of TS4.
Theorist
#155 Old 20th May 2020 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
From what I understand, Paralives seems to be more focused on the building than the Parafolk.

No, they just made the building and furnishing part first. And last year were focusing on that "for now" From what I know there has not been a statement that they were focusing on any particular part of the game.

The Steam page at the very least promises:
Quote:
Complex personalities and character AI

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#156 Old 20th May 2020 at 7:26 PM
Im trying not to get my hopes up but i am really really excited..reeeeeeee
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#157 Old 20th May 2020 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
I’ve been thinking about it more, and I think it’s very important that we don’t see the game just through the lens of it being a potential Sims competitor or we will be disappointed. From what I understand, Paralives seems to be more focused on the building than the Parafolk.

Where did you read that? They decided to do world-building first and then the parafolk, but that doesn't mean there is more focus on the world, it's just stages of development. I think they will give each equal attention.
Alex said there will be both push and pull and sliders. I have far more hope for this than any Sim game made by modern day EA.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#158 Old 21st May 2020 at 1:49 AM
Not to mention some very popular CC creators for TS2 (who are still actively playing TS2) is a part of the paralives team...this gives me sooo much hope. Just the idea of TS2 mega fans being a part of this project, i am optimistic that it will be a great game.
Scholar
#159 Old 21st May 2020 at 4:05 AM
I took a look at the YT vids and have to admit I'm intrigued !

" Inama Nushif "
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#160 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 11:50 PM
Male para reveal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJAm8UEi4CE

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#161 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 1:15 AM
I'm still not exactly sold on how the parafolks look like but I guess I like Sebastian better than Maggie at least.
Mad Poster
#162 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 2:56 AM
They look too flat compared to the way the furniture/etc. is done. They don't look like they're fully in the 3D environment to me.
Mad Poster
#163 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 12:29 AM
Mad Poster
#164 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 1:35 AM
Take my money, please. Anything you want..just take it. No questions asked..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
#165 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 2:01 AM
Agreed. I'm a college student only able to afford food/tuition because of loans and yet I'm still supporting them for this game. Sims 2 is a huge release from reality and I have a feeling I am going to love this game too. It seems like they're really trying to make everything the best that it can be.
Forum Resident
#166 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 5:02 AM
(slams hand on table) I'm sold!. Bye bye sims. With a little more touching up, the paras can be made to look more like they're with the environment with lighting and all. :D
Mad Poster
#167 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 8:22 PM
Merry Christmas from Paralives
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJrGUeEhBOQ
Page 7 of 7