Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 8:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Please help my poor blinded Sim and his serious cosmetic issues. :(
I'm quite proud of this fella and think he's pretty handsome, but this keeps happening:

Repeatedly. Sometimes if I copy him to the library, evict/delete the original, and move him to a new town, the problem goes away. But now it. Just. Won't. I wasted an hour last night trying to fix this and failed.

CC isn't the problem. The same Sim exists on another computer with zero CC in it, and this still happens, although I'm able to fix it. I fixed it once in this copy of the game since I migrated him back here. Once.

I deleted as many duplicates of him as I could find in the library and in game. Nope.

Also, he's been afflicted with this for a very long time, and it's hurting his self-image:

Mostly I am just so, so done with this stupid glitch. Someone, anyone, please help.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Need to clarify a lot of things.

1) You said this sim in other computers have the same issue? Is the sim in other computer "copied" from this computer? or at the very least they all came from the same source? Like the same download?

2) Do you see this in "other" sims?

If it only happens to this sim, it means the sim is corrupted. It is either corrupted in the original download or creation. It is likely bad CC that did this, removing the CC won't change anything b/c the damage is done. However, if it is a bad CC, it is likely you will see the same thing in other sims.

My advice is to put him down.

Or... you can try getting a clone voucher and clone him then kill him.

I copied the Sim from one computer to the other because it was easier to create them in a game with no CC.

I don't know that other Sims have had the problem. I'm only playing with two right now. I can't remember if the other one had this happen. I have not played that one for months while I work on this one.

Thing is, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Usually I can get it to go away. It's just not cooperating this time.

Can I clone him in Create a Household and use that binned Sim to essentially recreate the same Sim with all the history and such?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 9:52 PM
History? You are playing with "memories on?"

No, but he has skills, friends, degrees, a job, a fiance. How do I not lose those? I don't want to kill him in the game if I don't have to.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 4:02 AM
You can get all those back in NRAAS MC. Just write down the stuff on a paper and then incorporate those back in.

But right now, I say clone him and test first. Don't delete the original. For all we know, the bug might be transmitted in the cloning process.

Oookay, well. Before I could get to the cloning, he decided he was fine. I don't even know what I did.
What he looks like with, you know, eyes.

It is, to say the least, frustrating. Now I'm afraid to muck with him in case No-Eyes comes back. I guess I have no choice.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 10:34 AM
What I would do (in case I understood the problem correctly): Open the now corrected sim with NRaas Edit in CAS and then save him as a template. In case the eyes issue comes back open him in CAS again, open your premades gallery and replace him with the eye guy. From my experience this should leave his skills and stuff intact, but please save before and check after...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2020 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
What I would do (in case I understood the problem correctly): Open the now corrected sim with NRaas Edit in CAS and then save him as a template. In case the eyes issue comes back open him in CAS again, open your premades gallery and replace him with the eye guy. From my experience this should leave his skills and stuff intact, but please save before and check after...

Ah, you mean, save a copy? Yeah, I've made multiple copies of him over the course of making the Sim, anytime there was a significant change to his features. This probably messed him up along the way, but I didn't feel I had a choice. It's the only good way I know of to "undo" changes if you decide you don't like the alterations you've made.

Unfortunately, for some reason, if he shows up squinty-eyed when I load the game, all of the copies do too.

Today, again, he's fine. I really don't know...