Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 9:02 PM Last edited by Shaundak21 : 8th Aug 2013 at 2:42 AM. Reason: Update
Default 2 issues with my beds
I am working on Bunkbeds for Sims 2. The Traditional and Castle beds from Sims 3. I've made the both and a separate mattress for the top bunks. BUt, well it's fighting me at every turn. I'v only altered the frame on the pine bed and for some reason the bedding animation is off. *the covers don't turn down any more*. On top of that the sheets are no longer linked to maxis bedding which is what I want. I've trying using the repository technique to fix the issue *3x from 3 different tutorials* and only succeeded in turning my top bunk blue. Sigh. Lucky for me I keep two copies so I have an unaltered version of my object, Can someone look at them and tell me what to do to fix them? Make them draw Maxis bedding and animation weirdness.

Edit
I redid them and the bedding issue is resolved.
the bottom bed animation issue is resolved
Solved Bedding issue:
Attached files:
File Type: rar  bunkbeds.rar (991.6 KB, 13 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Updated files

Check Out my blog Sassy For Sims 2 and score some downloads
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Nov 2012 at 10:15 PM
How did you make the mattress for the top bunk? When meshing a new bed, you need to edit just the frame. If you make any mesh changes to the bedding, which includes the mattress, you'll break the joints. That's most likely why the covers don't turn down anymore. I see someone has downloaded your beds- hopefully that person (or someone else) can help you out more. At the moment I can't take a look at them.

I do have a suggestion though- look at other bunk beds that are available. I'm not sure if the Grand Trianon bunk beds here can be cloned or not now, but there are others available.

fake edit: Yes, I realize you didn't make the mesh from scratch.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 3:36 AM
For the animation issue it is best to start over. From the TS3 mesh, keep only the frames and delete the mattress. Then in your TS2 clone, export *only* the frame portion. Once you've accomplished that, then we can tackle the bedding issue.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 6:22 AM Last edited by Shaundak21 : 29th Nov 2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Update
Thanks for replying,
To make the stand alone mattressNsheet all I did was remove the frame (from the clone of the cheap pine bed). then I selected everything and moved it vertically.
for the bunkbeds all I did was remove the original frames and add the extracted sims 3 frames. I didn't mess with the sims 2 bedding at all :0(
I didn't pull any animations from sims 3 at all just the bed frame obj.

I'm half way there!!!
EDIT
Need to fix top bunk animation<-----how to?
want to repository technique the frames<------can live without it if need be.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#5 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 3:35 PM
Exporting to an .obj format loses all animations and joints. You need to export the whole resource and use Milkshape to move the mattress up. Basically the same way hair meshes are exported/imported.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Exporting to an .obj format loses all animations and joints. You need to export the whole resource and use Milkshape to move the mattress up. Basically the same way hair meshes are exported/imported.

Milkshape gives me an error message saying it's to many transformations to process
*snatches patch of hair out of own head* I see that the joints have coordinates, can I edit the Y plane to get them to move up instead?

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#7 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 9:06 PM
Are you right clicking the resource in SimPE and choosing Export? And in Milkshape are you choosing Import / Sims 2 UniMesh Import V.4.09? Rather than trying to export the mattress mesh and move it, you could also try editing the location of the z-axis in the cres.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 8:16 AM Last edited by Shaundak21 : 5th Dec 2012 at 5:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Are you right clicking the resource in SimPE and choosing Export? And in Milkshape are you choosing Import / Sims 2 UniMesh Import V.4.09? Rather than trying to export the mattress mesh and move it, you could also try editing the location of the z-axis in the cres.

I used the z axis method. the sheets still don't turn down but atleast they now sleep on the mattress. :0)
Now I need to make the frame recolorable and slaved to maxis like the bedding. What is the best step by step tutorial to do this? I tried a couple and failed epic style.