Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 9:53 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 1st Dec 2006 at 1:35 PM. Reason: removed attachment
Default Pie menu hard to activate on new buffet.
This is a new buffet with two added subsets, one of which is recolorable. Everything is pretty good except when I want to tell a sim to interact with it I can only get the pie menu if I click on the metal frame-and-legs subset. Moving the mouse over any other part gives me the "foot print" tool tip and the option to "go here". I have no idea what this means.
Thanks.
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 4:49 AM
Try going into the Groups tab in GMDC, click on each subset, one at a time, that you want to be clickable, for each click the "Add to bounding mesh" link and commit. (Do not do this with shadow subsets.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:56 AM
Thank you Bliss, that worked. It seemed like a bounding box thing but usually I have the box for that checked when I import the mesh subsets and so I thought it must be something else.
Instructor
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 10:34 AM
Question on this (not worth an extra thread I think): And how can I remove a subset (a new, additional one) from the bounding mesh? Trying to fix this when importing the subsets doesn't work...

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Instructor
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 1:41 PM
There is an option to clear the bounding box completely (On the model tab of the GMDC plugin). You can then add the ones you want. (Assuming a non-boned item).

Eclectic Sims The place for your younger sims and unique animated items!
Charmed Sims Archives Gorgeous Clothing, Furnishings and more.
Two great sites ALL FREE NOW!!!
Instructor
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowStorm
(Assuming a non-boned item).
I assume it is (ehm, mean it should be non-boned...) It's a 'cone of light- mesh'.
Thank you very much for answering!!! Unfortunately clearing the box, reimporting etc. doesn't help fixing the problem - so I'll upload the package to a separate thread soon (try fixing on my own first, several things don't work yet)
Anyway, thank you (And sorry for using another's thread.)

Yes, I am serious though I'm not serious at all. I'm serious about this!
Even the joker can be deadly serious...
Wichtig ist, was hinten raus kommt!
Entscheidend daran ist, wie?
Locked thread | Locked by: IgnorantBliss Reason: problem solved