Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 9:41 PM
Default Is there a way to differentiate TS3 from TS4 files that I put together in the CC folder by mistake?
After successfully installing CC and playing for a while, I have decided to add more stuff. After that tough, the game woldn't load and I kept getting the following message:
***63741EE8***
***135DEC40***
[135dec40:90f690cf:00000075]

This persisted even though I removed all CC from the mods and tray folders. I finally gave up trying to work around this and made a backup of the main Sims folder in my documents, started the game from scratch and will attempt to get my saves and other files back, step by step (following this tutorial http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/0...-reinstalling/). However I need the mods that were working before back in the folder, to get my previous game back. Is there a way to distinguish between TS3 and TS4 files, so I can remove the TS3 from the wrong folder? This may not solve everything, but it will probably help prevent more problems... Thanks for the help!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 9:50 PM
You could use delphy's dashboard controller for sims 3 it will show the corrupt sims 4 files (once directed to look in the sims 4 mods folder) That way the files it deems safe for sims 3 are the ones you need to remove. A bit of reverse action but hey it will work.
Otherwise you could remove the most recently dated files by ordering them in date modified order and then its a process of elimination really after that.
Sorry but there really is no easy way.
Please also read the following help files
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Custom_Content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 10:14 PM
Thanks mummy_001, I have tried delphy's dashboard but maybe I'm doing something wrong? How do I direct it to search in the sims 4 folder? I have even tried running it from inside the S4 folder but it doesn't detect anything >_<
#4 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 9:33 PM
another way you could try is through s3pe, which will spit out an error:

"Could not open package [packagefile].
Expected minor version '0'. Found '1'."

if it's sims 4 cc.

hope this helps, i got the same error and this is how i'm weeding out my mismatched cc. 0o0
#5 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 10:41 PM
today i learned a valuable lesson: don't merge folders (with package files) when you do cc package merges, since ts4 will spit out the error you mentioned if you do.
but thanks for the heads up about this error coming out when there's ts3 packages mixed with ts4 packages. c: