Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 7:08 PM
I cant get step 7 to work can u help me with that?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 6:58 AM
Maybe a stupid question, but I cannot solve it. I've cloned a picture, made a new mesh - it all worked fine. Now I like to use this new mesh for further pics - so as in Sims 2 - you know what I mean? Not cloned only "recolored" with different paintings. Is it possible to do so in Sims 3 and if yes ... how?
Test Subject
#128 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 12:04 PM Last edited by Kyta1702 : 18th Sep 2009 at 3:53 PM.
I'm stil working on my mesh...it's not goning well...i've find alot of tuturials here..now i don't now with one i should read...so i can uderstand it better en have same practice before i can finish this mesh...it's the first time that i use this programs and i realy don't know how to work with them...can someone maby surgest some tut i can read..there are so many and thats not easy to pick...

I have read alot..sorry...i thought it was a little simpeler then that... but now i have the problem...that i have uvmapt it and all it is finisht..but it is still a milkshape file..can i get it back to a mcgf file?? so i can finish it .. or do i have to do it again...that no problem... but maby there is a way to get it in S3PE back...i've lost all my files that i've started with...so i onley have a milkshape file...a mesh...

Test Subject
#129 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 6:45 PM
Default Issue with mapping
Hi,

I don't understand how uvmapping with a new made mesh.
I can load the old uvmap in uvmapper but I only can see the old. It doesn't match with the news I just made.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Alchemist
#130 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 7:34 PM
You need to tell us more so we can understand this better.
I would like to know how you placed the new mesh into your project, and what steps did you take to see the UV Map in UVMapper?

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#131 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 9:59 PM
So... I've been attempting to create object meshes following this tutorial; however, I consistantly run into this error whenever I try to export my mesh:

I've followed all the steps explicitely, I'm pretty sure, and I'm able to get my cloned object into Milkshape just fine. What I've been doing is importing an .obj over the cloned Sims 3 mesh (as I'm converting some deco Sims 2 objects), renaming the .obj to 'group00', deleting the cloned mesh, and exporting. That's when that error pops up.

I've been attempting this with by cloning different TS3 objects, importing different .objs, and combinations thereof without any success. Any ideas? Also, I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not, but I'm using Windows 7.

'the man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Alchemist
#132 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 10:28 PM
"deleting the cloned mesh" before exporting is the problem.

Export with the same name you imported from, in the folder you imported from. The exporter actually reads the first part of the old file (which is where it came up with 0 groups in the original) to obtain the original data layout details, then renames the old file with .bak00 (or .bak01, etc.) and writes a new file with the original name. You can delete these .bak00 files after the export is done, if you want, if you look at the file times, you will see that the original name is a newer file, and the .bak files are the old ones.

This allows the recompiler to find all the files when you go to put everything back together. As a side note, you do not have to rename the group, especially when there is just one. You do need the groups to be in the original order, but the group names are just there for people, the game just sees the first, second and so on by order, in the game the groups are unnamed.

<* Wes *>

Test Subject
#133 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 11:19 PM
Yep, that was definitely the problem because it exported perfectly when I did it that. Thanks!

'the man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Test Subject
#134 Old 20th Sep 2009 at 2:06 PM Last edited by alexandre10 : 21st Sep 2009 at 12:14 PM.
I have a problem. Part 2 is to extract each file and MŁODA MODL separate folder for each ok?

Part 3 is to play s3 mesh object and then open the file Quaker mloda MODL and the file will appear msfg ai
open in MilkShape 3D and after I edit the export file with the MCFG filename.

have to do this with the 3 files and MŁODA MODL?
Test Subject
#135 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 5:24 AM
Hy everybody! :D

I read this tutorial and i understad everything, and i created a cool guitar mesh with milkshape... but when the img files editing i cant do it because the GIMP is dont open the file, the program said: ...unknow file and dont open it...
I cant creat the maptexturing.
If anybody know waths the result please tell meee or which program can editing this .dds imagefiles???

Thank you very much!!! I hope to understad me! :D

SORRY FOR MY VERRY VERRY BAD ENGLISH BUT IAM A HUNGARiAN BOY!!! :D
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#136 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by raventailor
I read this tutorial and i understad everything, and i created a cool guitar mesh with milkshape... but when the img files editing i cant do it because the GIMP is dont open the file, the program said: ...unknow file and dont open it...
I cant creat the maptexturing.
If anybody know waths the result please tell meee or which program can editing this .dds imagefiles???

You need to download the Gimp .dds plugin here and extract these files to your GIMP plugins directory(i.e. C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins).

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#137 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 3:29 AM Last edited by raventailor : 25th Sep 2009 at 4:07 AM.
Aaaaahhhhh Yeaaahh!!! Thank you sooo much!!4 You are the best
but the gimp is not working i dont know why, but the photoshop is fine working with dds plugin

Another stupid question:
So, this is my guitar:
Image 1

and the problem is: to near to guitar, it is ztansform to original guitar
Image 2

and when i play on it this thing happening (the guitar is fade out, only the rack hold i my hands)
Image 3

Iam a Stupid i know but iam a newbie, and i dont understand the maptexturing

Please tell me how can i fix this problem???

Thanks a lot!!! And sorry for my stupid questions

SORRY FOR MY VERRY VERRY BAD ENGLISH BUT IAM A HUNGARiAN BOY!!! :D
Test Subject
#138 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 7:46 AM
I don't really get how to make the texture map using UV Mapper... Can anyone teach me, or give me a tutorial link please?? (And I don't really know where should I ask the question, so although #1 suggested not to post any issues here, I still can only post it here...)

And sorry for the bad Grammar and uneasy-to-understand English. As I'm not a native English speaker, it's hard for me to speak (or type) English easy-for-reading...
Test Subject
#139 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 4:02 PM
May anyone give me a tutorial on making texture maps? I can only make something like the front view, top view, left view, right view and bottom view. But I can't make it look like the texture map like the game's ones...
Alchemist
#140 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 7:23 PM
To make maps like that require that you "split" some vertices, that is, you have to duplicate the vertices where one face joins another, and then you can set the UV points to different locations.

Essentially, you are unfolding the cube, so that the different sides are all laid out in different areas, so that each may have some unique detail in your texture map.

I have some basics of how to do this posted here: http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...Meshing_Part_IV

Test Subject
#141 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 12:17 AM
Thanks for the tutorial Deluxe Designs.

I clone the SinkPedestalTraditional to make my own sink. But I have some questions. The sink has three MLOD and one MODL.

- I modify the first MLOD in Milkshape. I need to import the rest of MLOD and move the vertex to make the same and indentical sink I made? If the vertex don't are at same point, something bad happens?

- The same question for the texture map. The texture must be the same in each
MLOD? How can I do the same texture in all meshes? I'm a little scared because now I know only change the mesh to make my own, but I do not know how make the texture. I've read some topics that you talk about UV scale, but I can't understand. (I made textures for the sims 2)

- One last question. The vertex can be only moved? I can delete and add new, or has to wear the same number of vertex?

Thanks for read. And sorry for my english.
Alchemist
#142 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 1:09 AM
You can add vertices. You can change the whole mesh for a new one, but then you need a texture.

As for the other MLODs, one is for a far view "00000001" (this may be a MODL, that is also a mesh, with an extra data block) and it generally will have less faces and vertices. It should look like your main mesh, but with less detail. Obviously, this mesh cannot be identical to the other, but if they don't look similar, from a distance your object will not look the same as it does closer in.

The other two meshes, "00010000" and "00000001" are used to generate sun shadows. You will see that they are copies, sometimes distorted, and are not located at the "origin". The sun shadow is generated somehow by the difference in the locations of the two meshes, and it changes in relation to the location of the sun in the sky. These meshes do not need to be the same, but if they are different, you will get a shadow that does not look like what you are making. If they are overly detailed, you get a larger package.

Lab Assistant
#143 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 11:31 AM Last edited by kihaad : 30th Sep 2009 at 12:45 PM.
The file that i find after the export with S3ObjTool is s3asc extension. I can import s3asc (the filebase)extension in Milkshape, not mcfg file...

And again...after to have modified my object and to export, i've 4 files (examples S3_01D10F34_00000000_FBC46AB3E0B9DF5D%%+MLOD_group00.s3ascg - S3_01D10F34_00000000_FBC46AB3E0B9DF5D%%+MLOD_group01.s3ascg - S3_01D10F34_00000000_FBC46AB3E0B9DF5D%%+MLOD_group02.s3ascg - S3_01D10F34_00000000_FBC46AB3E0B9DF5D%%+MLOD_group03.s3ascg -). How I do for compile in one file in S3ObjTool?

Sorry for my english, i hope that you understand.
Inventor
#144 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 1:37 PM Last edited by Cocomama : 30th Sep 2009 at 2:13 PM.
Kihaad, that has been changed, yes, you now must import .s3ascg
I don't understand the next question, is that one mesh with 4 groups, or are that the 4 mesh files including zoomed-out and shadows too?
The mesh you will export must have the same number of groups as the TS3-mesh you imported to work from/started with/used as base.
You have to import a TS3mesh, make your new object , and than export each mesh seperatly from Milkshape to overwrite the mesh you imported.
To Recompile you choose .model in each of the folders.

Edit: Ok sorry, I checked in the MODL it is named .model, but in the MLOD folders different. I did not make a lot of objects yet, but it always was the first file in the folder that I used to Recompile.
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 1:47 PM
Thanks Cocomama

I've exported the object (by Sims3 object export) and i've found many file group...

I don't undestand how I can compile if I see only mcfg file with 3S ObjectsMesh Tool...
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#146 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kihaad
I've exported the object (by Sims3 object export) and i've found many file group... I don't undestand how I can compile if I see only mcfg file with 3S ObjectsMesh Tool...

That is the file you want. Wes designed the tool to choose the correct file to decompile/recompile. That is another reason why it is best to give each MLOD/MODL its own folder.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#147 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 2:32 PM
yes, but I don't modified the file mcfg ...
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#148 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kihaad
yes, but I don't modified the file mcfg ...

For example, when you export the first MLOD file, it is saved as a LOD file. You decompile that. When you go to import the .mcfg into Milkshape, it will be a .S3asc file (export also). When you recompile, it will be a .mcfg file. Then you import back into S3pe, it will be the LOD file again.

Confusing? Yes, but simple once you have done it a couple of times.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#149 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 4:42 PM
many thanks at all! Maybe imy object it's work
Test Subject
#150 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 4:29 PM
Default Questions about fitting the texture map with dds files
Hi,

I don't vreally understand this part of the deluxe tut' :"Step 7: Texture maps and all that jazz”

Ok now you need to use S3PE and sort the tags and find all the “_IMG” files, there are 2 files in there that are relevant to your, you will need to export them all and sort through them unfortunately. Now the 2 files you want are the following:
*Part Mask, this is what makes the object CASTable, it should look like big blobs of Red and Green, or it will be just Red or Red, Green and Blue, you get the picture.
*NOTE: it is NOT the file with a TINY red square, it is the big one*
*Texture Map, you should find a texture map made up of grey scale, now I am not going to explain how it looks because if you are reading this you should know what a texture map looks like for a mesh.

Once you have found the 2 files you want, edit them to fit your texture map, with the part mask, the red is the first colourable area, the green is the second, blue the third and the alpha is the fourth, most objects have only red or red and green; you CANNOT add CASTable parts to your mesh, you can only use the amount the cloned item had. The texture map of yours should look similar to the one you cloned, it does NOT have to be the same size but should be greyscale. Once you have edited these 2 files with your new texture map then save them with the SAME name."

Should I fit red or green parts from my uv map file (with uv mapper) + the same uv map file in greyscale part ?
Sorry for my bad english-writing and speaking (but you don't hear it!)
I need in fact more details about this part.

Many thanks in advance
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: Outdated ... Please see wiki for more up-to-date tutorial
Page 6 of 8