Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 8:27 PM
Default Placing Downloaded Lots
It's fairly simple to place a downloaded lot, but since the UI is new and different, I decided to make a mini-tutorial

You can place lots from hood view as you have always been able to.
  • Open the Gallery
  • Go to "My Library"
  • Click the lot you want
  • Click the icon to place lot in the lower right corner
  • You now have the option to place unfurnished or furnished. Keep in mind though, that if you place unfurnished, you will not be able to choose furnished when you move a sim in. However if you place it furnished, you can still move a sim in unfurnished.
  • Put it where you want it. Make sure you exit back to "Manage Worlds" via the menu and save, as opposed to the "Manage Worlds" button
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 4:29 AM
I tried downloading lots, but they're not a package file, so I didn't know where to put it...
Inventor
#3 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 6:27 AM
Sorry about that, you are right. The install instructions will be fixed asap. Please place all the unpackaged files of your download into the tray folder of your game.

--> Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray

Then the lot(s) will appear in your library in game.
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
Sorry about that, you are right. The install instructions will be fixed asap. Please place all the unpackaged files of your download into the tray folder of your game.

--> Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray

Then the lot(s) will appear in your library in game.

Thank you
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 2:52 AM
I have downloaded a few houses and can't get them to show up in the library. I downloaded them to the tray file, but they're still not showing up. Does anyone hopefully have any suggestions? Thank you!
Inventor
#6 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 6:07 AM
Possible reasons for lots not showing up in the library:
- you accidently put the lot files in the tray folder of the CAS Demo version instead of the tray folder of the Sims 4 game
- you accidently put the whole original zip or rar file of the lot in the tray folder (which also doesn't work, the files need to be unpackaged and must be placed directly into the tray folder with no additional folders)
- maybe one ore more files are missing of those lots so that they can't show up? It's very important to have all files included that belong to the lot. Before I uploaded my first TS4 lot I playtested it with having only those files included in the tray so I knew the lot shows up in the library. I think the best is to report those non-working lots to their creators.

Can't think for more reasons lots not showing up in the library at the moment.
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:21 PM
Yogi-Tea, Thank you! I had put the whole rar file in the tray folder - you're a genius! Thank you! :-)
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:13 PM
Is it possible to rotate an entire house like we could in Sims 3? I haven't figured out a way to do it yet and many of the lots I download from the gallery don't say which lot they built their build on....so it's literally a guessing game to find the correct lot. If I could just rotate their lot I could place it anywhere I wanted it.
Inventor
#9 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 4:33 AM Last edited by Yogi-Tea : 24th Sep 2014 at 4:34 AM. Reason: fixed typo
There is a difference between TS3 and TS4 when it comes to lots and/or houses. In TS3 you place a whole lot and are able to rotate it (if the empty lot is big enough) but you are not able to rotate the house itself. In TS4 you can place the build on a lot (if the empty lot is big enough) but you can't rotate the whole lot, you just can rotate the buildings and rooms on that lot, the landscaping and everything else will stay where it is.

With a little luck EA will later add the function to rotate whole lots in TS4. I'll keep my fingers crossed....
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:20 PM
Can I organize houses in folders like I do organize my other downloads in the mods folder?. I downloaded 3 houses but none of them shows up in the game.

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#11 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:24 PM
No, you can't.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 4:16 PM
I've downloaded a house without furniture, I spent hours buying and setting up the furniture, saved the finished house to my library with other name and when I tried to put the house in another lot-neighbourhood OMG, the house was completely EMPTY!!! no furniture at all. Is there a way to securely save my house with the furniture?
Test Subject
#13 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 12:13 AM
Lot Sizes:

Is there any way to change the size of a lot?
Some houses I've downloaded to wander through require a pretty big lot and I've only seen one 50 x 50 lot in the two towns of Oasis Springs and (I forget the other, lol)
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 3:17 PM Last edited by alexims : 6th Oct 2014 at 4:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by byrdmanmark
Is there any way to change the size of a lot?

No!
Quote: Originally posted by byrdmanmark
I've only seen one 50 x 50 lot in the two towns of Oasis Springs and (I forget the other, lol)

One 50x50 lot is occupied by a premade family (Landgraab) and one 50x50 lot have an empty house build inside.You can replace this or you can transfer the Landgraab family in another house and demolish everything. This is the only solution if you want a larger lot. And that's what I did
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 2:19 AM
I can see the houses in my library but it says I cannot place it...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#16 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 4:19 AM
What is the *literal* error message? Bet it doesn't just say "you cannot place it".

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 1:48 PM
In the description from a house, which I downloaded, I see a very big pig figure. I think the creator make it bigger, but if I placed the house, the figure isn´t big, it´s so little like generelly. What can I do, if I want that the figure is automatically so big like on the picture?
Test Subject
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
What is the *literal* error message? Bet it doesn't just say "you cannot place it".

I have encountered the same problem. A red box saying "System Error" pops up every time I try to move a custom house into an empty/occupied lot. It just doesn't work.
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 5:39 PM
houses that have custom content does not have all the content that appears in the photos. ie missing furniture, objects, etc.
think it's a problem with the custom content that does not take me in putting the house on a lot. if it appears on the menu for buying and building
Forum Resident
#20 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 11:39 PM
I've created two rooms , seen in my origin missgothika1.. that some users are saying they get "Can't find slot for this object" . the only mod i used is the clutter everywhere from plasticbox and cc detailed in my site inabadromance.tumblr.com. If the cc isn't on the computer then it would simply not appear in the house right?.. does anyone know anything about this error.. because i can't find anything about it..
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#21 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 12:34 AM
When did you create those rooms, are they recent or from some time ago? I seem to recall one of the recent patches fixed something to do with rooms not being placeable when they contain unfinished meals or something like that (not exactly sure any more what it was, best refer to the patch notes).

Forum Resident
#22 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 1:42 PM
When did you create those rooms, are they recent or from some time ago? I seem to recall one of the recent patches fixed something to do with rooms not being placeable when they contain unfinished meals or something like that (not exactly sure any more what it was, best refer to the patch notes).

it was a day or two before i posted the first ask here. I fixed the issue by taking down all the tiny ítems in shelves and cabinets to the floor... near the place where they should be. something was causing the error.. but since i don't know what.. i just took everything down. now it Works! but i would love to know what was it.. so in the future it doesn't happen.. i didn't used any moov mod.. and what i've read (very Little, no info) this was happening even before any moveobjc mod was out.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#23 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 1:56 PM
What do you mean by "a day or two before i posted the first ask here", can you give us a date or a game version? Does this still happen with rooms saved in the current game version?

If yes, does it also happen when you make a room with only one Maxis object on a shelf in it, using my "clutter anywhere" mod?

If yes, it would be a CC issue, not a game issue. Please post in the download thread in that case, not here. Same thing if you find it to be an issue with one particular (custom) deco object and no other mods -- post where you downloaded it to let the creator know.

Forum Resident
#24 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 5:27 PM
What do you mean by "a day or two before i posted the first ask here", can you give us a date or a game version? Does this still happen with rooms saved in the current game version?

If yes, does it also happen when you make a room with only one Maxis object on a shelf in it, using my "clutter anywhere" mod?

If yes, it would be a CC issue, not a game issue. Please post in the download thread in that case, not here. Same thing if you find it to be an issue with one particular (custom) deco object and no other mods -- post where you downloaded it to let the creator know.

I'm sorry if i didn't give you sufficient info about it. I did the room in the 1.2.16.10 version. That is the version before the recent patch (25/11). I don't know what causes it, and i don't think it's a particular cc or mod since the same things used in this room i used in another one, made the day after and that one works ok. The only other place where i've seen this issue is in this Link. And i don't have twistedmexican mod so my assumption is that ea's fault. I'm sorry if these posts seem un-useful. You can delete them move them to where you think it's better.
Test Subject
#25 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 11:18 PM
When I try placing a lot from the library I get a red box that says system error and nothing happens. does it whether I click furnished or unfurnished.
Page 1 of 3