Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 7:29 AM
Default Non Scripts Mod work but Scripts Mod not working
I tried
[Script Mod] enable advanced debug/cheat interactions by clown
BuildBuyMode Unlocker by scripthoge
No Fatness / No Muscles by scripthoge
and no Mosaic mod

no mosaic mod working, the other three not working
put in Document/../mod/ not extracted still in zip,

check sricpt mod on game options > other

how to make the script mod working?
thanks
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:10 AM
Read through this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=534428

Do you have those zip files directly in your mods folder, or does it go deeper (for example mods/scripts/insertcreatornamehere)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelFrouk
Read through this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=534428

Do you have those zip files directly in your mods folder, or does it go deeper (for example mods/scripts/insertcreatornamehere)?

not deeper, in here
C:\Users\Atarashikari\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
when game started, it already detected in the list of script mod but not working
just non script mod working
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 10:01 PM
same here. non-script mod works fine. script mods are not working even after enabling from game option. need some solution.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:08 AM
Agreed. I have the same exact issue.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. I decided to help
(")_(")him gain world domination. COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE OR ELSE!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 11:33 PM
What's causing this? I'm having the same issue and I've done everything to the letter. The weird thing is this... On my desktop the script mods don't work but the non-script mods work fine. Both show up in the mod list at the beginning of the game. On my laptop which is set up the exact same as my desktop the script mods work just fine. What in the heck is wrong?

Yes, games on both computers have taken all updates.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 4:15 PM
ok after updating the game now script mods are working.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by P-Vengeance

Which update would this be? Because to my knowledge I have all the updates so far and I'm still having this issue with script mods.
Scholar
#9 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 10:00 PM Last edited by mummy_001 : 17th Oct 2014 at 10:15 PM. Reason: extra info
Ok start simple: take out all the mods and CC.
run game.....save and exit
Put one mod (script) in your game....run game and see if it works if it is then add another and so on...Its most likely a conflict. I read somewhere about the mod by clown conflicting but that was a while ago.
Do you have the altered resource.cfg that has the added line pointing to an empty folder in your mod folder called " unpackedmod " ?
After 01/10/2014 update some say we don't need it but I took it out and some stuff no longer worked so I put it back.
I have twistedmex (from MTS) unlock all for build/buy mode and it works perfectly. Before going into build/Buy mode you open cheat box and type tm.unlockall then hit enter Then you go into build/buy mode and all will be unlocked. Perhaps that is an issue with the one you have.

Make sure when you edited your resource.cfg file that it wasn't saved as a resource.cfg.txt file. Some people when editing the file choose save as and it ends up saving as a text file. If this happened then of course the resource.cfg wont work in your game.
Any files that are .package files can be placed inside folders in your mod folder but script files .pyo file must stay zipped and go directly in your mod folder... they can not go into a folder inside your mods folder.....
Hope that helps a little.
I decide to add some pics for you to look at. First is my sims 4 folder inside my documents.
Second pic is inside my mods folder. There is a pic of the resource.cfg file at the bottom of the second pic. The red is indicating the empty folder I was talking about inside the mod folder and the red on the resource.cfg file is the line that point to the empty unpackedmod folder.
Others have their folder structure to go deeper but this works fine for me. I have separate folders for each type of CC. The mods and hacks folder you can see only contains .package files there are no zipped files inside it.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by P-Vengeance

Nevermind. Just took the latest update and it's all good.
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 6:29 AM
How can i update ??
Scholar
#12 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by goldensims1
How can i update ??

Through Origin..
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 1:21 AM
but some people don't use origin to play their game mummy_001, they use the old base game like me, and i am having the same problem with the nraas script mods not showing up in game, then when i do have it, it slows down and freeze my game up.
Scholar
#14 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 2:12 AM
This game stay breaking things - u -
I'm hoping updating will be the perma-fix. There have been a lot of great mods broken and their creators can't seem to keep up.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaylobday
but some people don't use origin to play their game mummy_001, they use the old base game like me, and i am having the same problem with the nraas script mods not showing up in game, then when i do have it, it slows down and freeze my game up.

As there is no Nrass mod for Sims4 that I know of, and won't be (http://simsvip.com/2013/05/07/nraas...nd-the-sims-4/), I assume you are speaking of Sims3? As far as Sim4 is concerned, even if you buy a copy off the store shelf, you are stuck with Origin. You can disconnect (disable) it to play off line, but it's still there nagging at you.
Scholar
#16 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaylobday

Sounds like your playing Sims 3 not Sims 4. The original post was made in 2014. Geez this post is old why are we adding to it?

Edit: OOps just read the post above which says what i just said... lol
Forum Resident
#17 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 1:17 AM
By the way, just a quick update. I had the same issue, where I didn't when I posted this response. Thought I'd jinxed myself! Anyway, I knew I had the latest patch so that wasn't it.

Turns out, I had merged a couple files with S4pe and inadvertently had a duplicate solo package file as well. With The TS4 Package Conflict Detector, I was finally able to zero in on which package file and which merged pack I was having the issue with. Take out the dupe, the scripts work fine. By the way, I was getting this failure on objects that did not have .TS4script files, just .package files like any other, like you have with lamps and such. You can also get script errors if you don't have the mod's mothership. Read the directions. The creator will tell you if you need another mod for their mod to work. I made that mistake with Cinderelli's mod for working functional medieval pulpits. Got script call failure on it. But it didn't have a .ts4 script, so I was confused. Cinderelli says right there you need the Politics mod by Zerbu. What I failed to do was see that Zerbu's mod was a dual mod as well. I only downloaded half of it. So, grab the other half and now my medieval pulpits do not give script failures anymore. There's more to script call failures than just conflicts.

So lesson learned? Don't organize your mods folder by sets and individual items like I did. Choose a style to organize with and stick to it. Once you merge a few package files together, it's difficult to discern what you have in there even with S4pe. Not all packages for TS4 have Thumbs or ICONS like we did in S3. If you save by set, save using the set name the creator gave it, so you know what's in there. When you start merging sets, that's when things get dicey. That's what happened to me. I was trying to conserve space in my mods folder to make room for more mods. Not going to do that anymore. S4 isn't as touchy about mod volume as S3 was. All fixed now

You can find the Conflict Detector by Scumbumbo at http://sims4downloads.net/mod-the-s...r-by-scumbumbo/
But for some reason, I can't download it anymore? Not sure what's up with that?

I did find another detector on this site by DmitroMalfatto http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=561550
I do not have this detector, so I can't comment on how it works?

Also, this is a good resource for finding help as well as this site, http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/, you should bookmark it.

Hope this helps?