Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#176 Old 12th Nov 2007 at 10:27 PM
Hi e.b.

Is there an easy way to combine an upper body with a lower one? I work on a naughty pizzadelivery chick, but it's too difficult to snap together the vertexes one by one. Especially, that I can't see precisely the vertexes. Any idea?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#177 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 2:04 AM
Look at it in wireframe mode, and you need to combine the vertices. Actually Wes made a lovely set of tools that makes it even easier to do it here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=227858

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#178 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 3:29 PM
Thx, I check it
Inventor
#179 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 10:42 PM
Thank you very much for the fantastic tutorials, I completed all 3 tutorials with succes and thought I now can do whatever I want but........
I started new with the TF sundress, made the skirt longer and gave her barefeet from the TFunderwear, got all the way up to step 94, saved as tut9.msd3 and exported with Unimesh as body2.simpe. But then as I was going to do the Dr.Pixeltest I found there no longer were boneassignments in my FatMorph. Is that what you call an Exploded Mesh??
I tryed 2 more times from the beginning of tut2, everything is fine untill the exact same point 94 and the fat morph has boneassignments in the saved Tut9.ms3dfile but not in the body2.simpe meshfile.
What am I doing wrong??
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#180 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 10:50 PM
fatmorphs aren't supposed to have bone assignments. Why would you think your morph needs bone assignments. Also, I have you remake the fat morph using this tutorial anyway, during which it would temporarily have bone assignments - but a morph does not have assignments - it's a morph. it's all about moving the vertices.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Inventor
#181 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 8:00 AM
Thank you for the very quick reply, after I posted it I went to bed and had a very bad night. I should have posted the question in the much longer version I had before.
I deleted the part were I explained how I made a new mesh for a teen by using a teenmesh for the upperbreastpart and a scaled down version of the afdresslongloose skirt and waist, when I viewed that one in Bodyshop she just had here arm stretched out sideways, don't know where I went wrong in that one, but it didn't had boneassignments anymore as normally teens have a very strange bended leg pose in Bodyshop. I made a new version of that mesh and that one came out allright, so I thought it wasn't relevant and edited that information out.
I must have had a blackout last night, as I supposed there was something wrong, I even didn't tryed my new meshes in Bodyshop , but I did first thing after I read your answer, and they are alright, only she has a very strange thing onder her skirt, must have something to do with that little box between the legs, I will look into that this evening.
Thank you very very much for your quick answer and patience with an uncertain newbie like me.
Test Subject
#182 Old 15th Nov 2007 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Fashion2U - perhaps this will help http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=215835

I tried assigning them again, but they're still wonky Maybe it's not anything to do with assigning? It looks fine in MilkShape, just when I import it into bodyshop they are a bit wonky. Any ideas? Thankyou

GaGa fo' Gaga.
Test Subject
#183 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 2:46 PM
thank you for your advice tig, i guess i fixed it it's not a hundred percent but it's enough for me

here's a picture of what i've changed - just in case that someone has the same problem - it might be helpful
Screenshots
Test Subject
#184 Old 9th Dec 2007 at 9:05 PM Last edited by tetuo : 9th Dec 2007 at 9:17 PM.
Thank you for the great tutorial, tiggerypum.

I have a question.
Why do their feeling of skins change after editing original mesh?
I wonder if the diffuse or ambient changed.
If someone knows about it, please tell me.

After

Before
Screenshots
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#185 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 12:23 AM
tetuo - diffuse and ambient (matd's) are stored in the individual recolor file - if you don't see a change if you do a simple recolor (and don't change anything) then that's not it.

These mesh editing tools need to transfer all the data for the normals and have bumpmap support, it's possible that either one of them is slightly changed sometime during the process. I barely see a difference between the meshes in terms of the lighting. Certainly if you use the 'align normals' command on a section of the mesh, that will rework them and they might not be identical to the original. We don't have the tools that Maxis used to build those meshes.

Test Subject
#186 Old 10th Dec 2007 at 3:25 PM Last edited by tetuo : 10th Dec 2007 at 3:33 PM.
Thank you for the answer, tiggerypum.
I understand.
If one uses the 'align normals' command, it will change the original normals, slightly.
Test Subject
#187 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 4:57 PM
Me and my friend started of quite good with a coat mesh and some boots from another outfit, but we did every step untill we came to "Part 9: Export the Mesh and Fix the Texture". As we did the exporting a window popped up and said: "ERR: No quaternion values stored". As we don't exactly know what that means, we can't continue making our mesh. Could someone please help us?

Thank you
Test Subject
#188 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 11:36 PM Last edited by Jrs1317 : 6th Jan 2008 at 11:48 PM.
Hello. This is an excellent tutorial. I am having a problem with step 35. When I try to bring up the unimesh bone tool, milkshape crashes. With that irritating "...has encountered a problem and needs to close." For now, I will skip this step and continue the tutorial. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Oh I have

Milkshape 1.8.2

Unimesh 4.09 SimPE 0.64.5.39932
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#189 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 10:39 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 11th Jan 2008 at 2:40 AM.
JRS: There is an FAQ/Infocenter and one of the articles is "Milkshape Crashes" Try looking at that: http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=222634

Strovod: Someone else had this problem (sounds like you damaged or excluded the skeleton?) http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=247029

Test Subject
#190 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 5:34 PM
Doh! I tried to get back here in time but I was too late. Sorry. The problem is solved. It turns out that somehow my SimPE file got corrupted. thank you for your hasty reply! I'll have a look at that link for future reference though. Thanks again.
Inventor
#191 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 5:07 AM
I did another project, it came out OK except the leg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1295/image1vc0.jpg
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/9062/40891490pa2.jpg

what happened here; is it the bone adjustment ?
please help

:::OpenHouse For Sims:::
[ click here to go there ]
::check out my site for updates and freebies::
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 8:23 AM
Jack, the vertices on the left leg aren't quite in the right place.

Hard to explain without using the pic, but you need to move the second from the right vertice, as you are looking at the pic, more towards the right.

If you look at the mesh full on, match it up to look like the right leg.

Sorry, no more requests for the preg teens.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#193 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 9:24 AM
Jack, I am guessing that someplace on that leg the vertices are not matching exactly along the seam. So when you smoothed that area, that difference shows. Try checking all the vertices around the leg and make sure their x y z values are identical (as this error is showing in milkshape, that is the first guess)

If you bring it into the game or bodyshop with arms down -- and you see a gap or strange shape then - then it's the bone assignments along that same seam not being identical. Best probably to check both while you're there.

Lab Assistant
#194 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 4:18 PM
Default Woot!
I finally did this tutorial. After approx a year from completing the other two, I managed to do this one.

Thankyou so much.

Sorry, no more requests for the preg teens.
Inventor
#195 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 1:33 AM
[QUOTE=tiggerypum]Jack, I am guessing that someplace on that leg the vertices are not matching exactly along the seam. So when you smoothed that area, that difference shows. Try checking all the vertices around the leg and make sure their x y z values are identical (as this error is showing in milkshape, that is the first guess)

If you bring it into the game or bodyshop with arms down -- and you see a gap or strange shape then - then it's the bone assignments along that same seam not being identical. Best probably to check both while you're there.[/

I noticed the vertices on that leg is not even and one or two is too far from each other. I tried to change the value of the bone thing but don't know how; since they all come out 100%, I thought it would be ok

Inventor
#196 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 1:37 AM
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5033/image1qv6.jpg

which ones do I change and how?

Test Subject
#197 Old 20th Jan 2008 at 7:06 PM
Hi, thanks for great tutorial. But I have a problem, when I´ve done all the steps and am going to look at the result, all I see in bodyhop is just the two maxis meshes. I don´t understand why! :/
Inventor
#198 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 1:35 AM
Hi TiggeryPum,
I finally finished a mesh, not perfect but acceptable for me.
I have some questions; I tried to make the flat boot into a heeled one but did not work.
I'm making adult mesh while following your tutorial on teen meshes.
Another thing; can I flare a pencil dress; even just around the hemline?
I tried that too and it did not work.

Please show me to a tutorial about these if it's too much to explain them here.

Thanks so much; here's my first wannabe mesh
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/...stsequinpa5.jpg

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#199 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 9:50 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 23rd Jan 2008 at 10:01 AM.
Jack in terms of the boot/choosing mesh parts.

There are two issues - before picking parts you want to use you might check their uvmapping and see how they were mapped. Sometimes boots are mapped into their own area, not part of the leg. If you want to try and just construct a small heel yourself, you can use the simple tutorial to change the shape of the heel area which is someplace in the tutorials area, and then adjust the uvmap as needed.

So of course it's possible. Question is which way you tried to do it and how well you can work with the parts of your base mesh.

Same goes for the skirt. Some issues might depend on how the skirt's hemline was constructed to begin with -- but if necessary you should be able to chop a sim someplace along the body and replace the entire skirt with one that will work better. (now this depends on how the meshes were constructed, some will be easier to work with than others - but you can load the full body meshes in and then look for a nice neat place where things more or less line up to do the chopping.

Animated/boned meshes have a lot of details to work with - the shape, getting seams to match up seamlessly, bone assignments, normals, uvmapping... then in game testing to see how what you did really animates -- and all of that has to come together. For some it takes several projects before a sort of 'ah ha' happens and things get easier and then they can go back and try things they couldn't figure out before... but really there is only so far tutorials can take you in order to be able to be creative in the ways you want.

You have now been given enough tools to do 90% of what can be done to body meshes. If you want to build your own parts from scratch, you need to go learn how to use milkshape, and then apply the bone assignments to them. As for the rest, the way to learn is by doing projects, experimenting, and posting thorough pics and descriptions of what you've tried or not (but not in this thread, in their own, this is really for -doing the tutorial-, so post other questions in the main bodyshop-meshing area)

Inventor
#200 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Jack in terms of the boot/choosing mesh parts.

There are two issues - before picking parts you want to use you might check their uvmapping and see how they were mapped. Sometimes boots are mapped into their own area, not part of the leg. If you want to try and just construct a small heel yourself, you can use the simple tutorial to change the shape of the heel area which is someplace in the tutorials area, and then adjust the uvmap as needed.

So of course it's possible. Question is which way you tried to do it and how well you can work with the parts of your base mesh.

Same goes for the skirt. Some issues might depend on how the skirt's hemline was constructed to begin with -- but if necessary you should be able to chop a sim someplace along the body and replace the entire skirt with one that will work better. (now this depends on how the meshes were constructed, some will be easier to work with than others - but you can load the full body meshes in and then look for a nice neat place where things more or less line up to do the chopping.

Animated/boned meshes have a lot of details to work with - the shape, getting seams to match up seamlessly, bone assignments, normals, uvmapping... then in game testing to see how what you did really animates -- and all of that has to come together. For some it takes several projects before a sort of 'ah ha' happens and things get easier and then they can go back and try things they couldn't figure out before... but really there is only so far tutorials can take you in order to be able to be creative in the ways you want.

You have now been given enough tools to do 90% of what can be done to body meshes. If you want to build your own parts from scratch, you need to go learn how to use milkshape, and then apply the bone assignments to them. As for the rest, the way to learn is by doing projects, experimenting, and posting thorough pics and descriptions of what you've tried or not (but not in this thread, in their own, this is really for -doing the tutorial-, so post other questions in the main bodyshop-meshing area)

oh my gush; still a long long way to go; but again thank you for the beginning 3 levels of tutorials

Page 8 of 11