Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 6:41 AM
Default Hunger Games movie...
Well have you guys heard? There's a Hunger Games movie in the making; it is being produced by 'Lionsgate'. It is due to be out on the 23rd of March, 2012.
Katniss will be played by Jennifer Lawrence.
Peeta by Josh Hutcherson.
Gale by (ugh *cringe) Liam Hemsworth.
Primrose by Williow Shields.
Haymitch by Woody Harrelson.
Effie by Elizabeth Banks.

There's more info about the casting at their http://www.facebook.com/thehungergamesmovie and their http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392170
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 8:15 PM
I am so excited. Like you I am not at all excited for Liam Hemsworth, but Jennifer Lawrence looks good for the part and I may have a crush of Josh Hutcherson. I'm so excited and I think Woody Harrelson is AMAZING

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 10:59 PM
Yeah I like most of the cast.
At first, I really hated Jennifer, Josh and Liam for Katniss, Peeta and Gale but I've gotten over Jennifer and Josh - after dying their hair, they look fit for the role! Liam, well... I don't think I'll ever get over that seeing as Gale is my favourite character too.
There have been pictures of the Justice Building and it looks amazing!
Theorist
#4 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 11:54 PM
I'm so excited! It's going to be an amazing movie. I think that the casting is good, I'm glad that they didn't cast super well known actors.

Hi I'm Paul!
Scholar
#5 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 4:13 AM
^^ I know. I'm glad too. before they posted the casting my brother wanted Bruce Willis as Haymitch. (*cringe*) no offense against bruce, but he's too well known for this kind of movie. Really well known actors I feel shouldn't be in fantasy/scifi series especially based off books. No body as famous as BRUCE WILLIS.

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 7:06 AM
I actually thought Johnny Depp would've made a great Haymitch and they did try to get him but he was busy with another project. I don't really like Lenny Kravitz as Cinna though...
Scholar
#7 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 8:11 PM
Me either. When I thought 'cinna' I saw someone that was a mixmatch of southern cultures then 1/2 white (for ethnicity) and a bit more suave than Lenny. He's just.... no

Theorist
#8 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 10:34 PM
I'm not thrilled with Cinna either, I just pictured him differently. I think he should be more warm rather then "cool"

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 6:56 AM
Yeah. I imagined him quite paled skin with neat, brown hair, styled very artistically. There's a drawing on deviantART with how I pictured almost every character perfectly.
Here: http://morgaans.deviantart.com/favourites/#/d35bo59
And apparently they're cutting Madge out; it's rumored because in one picture Prim was seen wearing the mockingjay pin. Everyone's so fussed about it but I don't find it such a big deal. Madge isn't really important; the only big parts she plays is the pin and the time in Catching Fire at the Mayors house.
Instructor
#10 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 1:21 AM
I hope it's not like the Percy Jackson movie where they ruined everything....but I don't think it will be.
Scholar
#11 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 11:18 PM
Oh god I hope not. The percy Jackson movie ruined what could have been a great series. the book wasn't even that long! I don't think they'll do it here, they seem to actually have some good talent but...

anything's possible. They've already screwed over cinna in my opinion

Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 11:48 PM
I envisioned Cinna the same way you did, Dragonaair. Lenny Kravitz just doesn't seem to fit the part.

With regards to Katniss, even though I'm sure Jennifer Lawrence will be fine, I always imagined her being played by Kaya Scodelario even before I knew she was considering the part, so it's a bit disappointing for me that she won't be Katniss.

I'm not fussed about Liam Hemsworth as Gale - I dislike Gale and I dislike Liam Hemsworth, so no matter who played him, I'd disapprove. At least this way my dislike is more justified!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 12:21 PM
Oh I love Gale! But even if I hated him, the actor won't really do him justice in my opinion. I need to calm down and store my outrage until I've actually watched the movie!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dragonaair
Yeah. I imagined him quite paled skin with neat, brown hair, styled very artistically. There's a drawing on deviantART with how I pictured almost every character perfectly.
Here: http://morgaans.deviantart.com/favourites/#/d35bo59
And apparently they're cutting Madge out; it's rumored because in one picture Prim was seen wearing the mockingjay pin. Everyone's so fussed about it but I don't find it such a big deal. Madge isn't really important; the only big parts she plays is the pin and the time in Catching Fire at the Mayors house.

Finnick looks slightly too much like a girl in that pic, but I like a lot of the people in that drawing. (Coin is the other one I don't like, but I've always imagined her as looking like Mary McDonnell with dyed-gray hair, mostly because of McDonnell's performance as President Roslin in Battlestar Galactica. I usually end up picturing Chris Pine in my head for Finnick, even though he's probably too old and definitely has other movies to be shooting.)

I also heard that somebody got hold of a leaked script and found that Madge was removed. Doesn't bother me, especially since Suzanne Collins had a role in drafting the script.

As for casting, I thought of Cinna as looking much more like (clean-shaven) Lee Pace than Lenny Kravitz, but I guess it's all about the performance. Really happy with casting on Haymitch, Effie, and President Snow; initially, I wasn't so happy about Jennifer Lawrence because of the whole blonde-haired, blue-eyed thing, but the on-set pics look okay, and I think from her performances in other movies that she'll be a good Katniss. OTOH, I was disappointed that from early set pics, at least, Peeta doesn't look as blonde as I imagined. Gale looks fine (well, all the Hemsworth brothers look fine) but I've never seen either actor, Hemsworth or Hutcherson, act in anything before.

All in all, I'm really excited about the movie.
Scholar
#15 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 11:13 PM
Well I watched X-Men First Class and Jennifer was actually really good. Thoroughly thoroughly enjoyed myself there. Even more excited.

Another thing I did was pull up the pictures of the tributes and went through who dies when where and how. It was fun and sad at the same time cause some were adorable! *so super excited*

Scholar
#16 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 2:33 PM
If Kristin Stewart was Katniss I would make it my personal mission to derail the entire movie. NO. Just no.

Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 4:21 PM
I had to do a report on Mockingjay, and the only websites that I could find that were not blocked by the school all said "Will Kristen Stewart be Katniss?" I shouted "NOOOOO!", then was yelled at by the librarian. Obviously yelling at a computer is not allowed in school.
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 5:58 PM
OMG! Rue looks like she's nine-years-old in the tribute pictures. She's my favorite character pretty much. Gale and Cinna are tied for second, then comes Johanna. Anyways, can't say I'm happy with Lenny Kravitz. I thought he looked more clean-shaven, intelligent-looking, and more Stylish. I dunno. I guess it matters more on his acting, though. Better not make it a flop, Hollywood!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 11:43 PM
Gale is going to look super manly D: I thought he would look 'cute', the kind of cute 16 year old girls die for

I imagined Cinna to look like Gok Wan sort of XD
Banned
#20 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 12:34 AM
Woo Hoo Two More Days!!!! Wooh!
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 2:01 AM
Did anyone ever see that during the movie, Katniss's teeth are white, the whole time. And they never have to go to the bathroom...