Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Carnival Set (functional) [Update 05/08/07]

by Echo Posted 31st Dec 2006 at 5:41 AM - Updated 8th Dec 2008 at 4:42 PM by -Maylin-

633 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 579 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 26
Scholar
#101 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 11:54 AM
Waow !!! This is amazing ! A great job, I'm stunned ! Many thanks for all Echo !!!
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 12:55 PM
I am absolutely floored by your talent. Thank you for putting so much time and effort into this wonderful gift to the sims 2 community.

Bix AKA Champion le Bleu Cardinalis born Nov 18th 2006. Home from Poland Jan 14 2007 with brother Jack!!!
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 1:08 PM

This is SO beautiful...It brings tears of joy and tears of sadness at the same time!

Tears of joy because someone actually took nine whole months to make such a wonderful collection. Especially a collection of wonderful objects that EA hasn't even bothered to give us yet!

And tears of sadness, because.... I have everything except Pets... and I really don't plan on wasting my money on buying it right now... curse my fear of game bugs!

Anyways, as everyone has said before, awesome job, and keep up the excellent work!!! :D

Contests? Challenge? Custom Content?
Find it all, and more, in the link below!
(~☼ Sim Oasis ☼~)
Test Subject
#104 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 2:00 PM
Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so amazing!!!!!!! And that works in my game!!!! thank you thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#105 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 2:04 PM
Thank you for this wonderfull set!

I have allready tested it and it is really amazing. There are just two small things. I think the Spooky Cart should drive much slower, so that there is more time to enjoy the brilliant Skeletons and other spooky things. The other thing is, that the carnival don't seem to be very attractive to the Sims. I spend quite much time at the carnival but the Sims didn't use your itmes on their own. It is sad, that the Sims are just eating and drinking there.
Scholar
#106 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 3:23 PM
OH. MY. GOSH!!! *claps* Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing...Wonderful you!:D

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 4:43 PM
What a way to start off the New Year for our Simmies Thanks So much for the working Carnival. and Thaks so much for Sharing with all of us and for free. This is just the greatest
Test Subject
#108 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 4:44 PM
WOW!!! But could you possibly put all of these in one file?

If you have a request please explain it thoroughly! (At least one and a half paragraphs & supply the needed pictures / meshes, or else I will throw it away without looking at it and I will not "PM" you that I will not do it.)
Field Researcher
#109 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 4:52 PM
brilliant! thanks! Amazing how talented! You'd all give maxis a run for their money!

*waves hi*
#110 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 4:58 PM
Holy bananas i think thisn is the best thing i have ever seen my goodness wow you are truely the best EVER!

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 6:48 PM
Cool, thanks! The Spooky Cart reminds me of TS Makin' Magic
Field Researcher
#112 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 6:48 PM
Well holy moly this is fantastic, and I am so thankful that you included the lot, otherwise I may never have been able to get it all together. Thank you for this and for sharing.
Karr
Test Subject
#113 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 7:10 PM
This is absolutely amazing! and just the kind of person I am!! Definitely what I needed! (I'm def. a roller coaster/amusement park/carnival enthusiast.) Thank you for this! I hope that it works well for me as I do not have OFB or Pets.

This is absolutely perfect for the new year! You are amazing!! I hope to see more work from you in the future!

I honestly cannot wait to put this in the neighborhood and have my Sims use it!! I'm so excited!
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 9:35 PM
Echo...Echo....Echo....you're my heroine.....you're my heroine.....you're my heroine!!! How does one get a Moomoo, anyhoot?
Test Subject
#115 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 10:06 PM
Dearest Echo.....Everything works great in my game. My sims thoroughly enjoyed the clowns. I must admit, I think I enjoyed the Carnivale more than my sims.
Test Subject
#116 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 10:21 PM
This is so awesome! Thanks Echo for a wonderful project that will make my game so much more fun to play!!! Thank you for sharing your time and talent with us!! I'm just speechless!
Test Subject
#117 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 10:23 PM
I am so ashame! I want to thank all those who helped you too!!! All of you are so great in my eye and heart! Thanks again!
Test Subject
#118 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 10:28 PM
I've downloaded all the files for the rollercoaster and biult a track, but when i tell my sim to 'get in' the action just fades away!!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#119 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 12:25 AM
top_1 - Make sure the sims have walking access to the right hand side of the cart - otherwise they won't be able to get in.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 12:38 AM
This set is fantastic!!! Especially for the 'old skool' Simmers out there who miss the coaster. When The Sims 2 was released I hoped Maxis would have done amusement park rides in one of their expansions packs but was disappointed. THANK YOU for giving us back our coasters!! They are both a welcome addition and of equal quality to anything Maxis would have made. In fact, all your work is amazing! I couldn't begin to tell you how much of your work is in my game because there is so much.

There is only one problem I have with the coaster and maybe you can fix this for me. Why are they community lot only??? It would be great if they were also available on a residential lot. I realise that some items are available, but not the coasters/ bumper cars etc. Do you think you could make them available????

It's ironic really; I am the sort of person who wants to go on all the rides when I visit an amusement park. Then eat too much cotton candy and get a tummy ache. Resulting in an upchuck that covers the poor sod (or sods) who happens to be next to me. The Roller Coaster Loop incident of 2003 was particularly nasty. Owing to the benefit of centrifugal force not only were all the people on my ride given a sample of the cotton candy I had eaten earlier, there was also the victims of the kiddie railroad nearby that experienced a tragedy they will never forget. I still wake up in the middle of the night hearing the screams, then have a right good laugh. So, I know I'm a greedy bugger. Not only that, I also throw a mean tantrum if I can't go on all the rides and have as much cotton candy as I like. So you have been warned!!

p.s.- Any chance of creating a Sim who eats too much cotton candy and likes nothing better than going on all the rides??

peace
paul

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#121 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 12:53 AM
Paul - Heh heh heh... Remind me never to go to a carnival with you. Unfortunately, the rides which use the cart_runner (bumpers, coaster and spooky cart) have a fairly serious and technically irritating problem on residential lots, which is why I disabled them. Basically, they work perfectly fine until you save the residential lot, leave it, and come back, at which point they have deleted themselves and you have to re-purchase them. Commercial lots don't have this problem, so I restricted the lot to commercial only.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 1:27 AM
excuses, excuses, I WANT IT! I WANT IT! One foot stamps the ground as I type this!! LOL

Aw ok, guess I'll have to let you off. This time. The techno babble was a nice touch and had the benefit of saving you from my cotton candy wrath!! Mostly it confused the heck out me. I suspect you have experience as a snake charmer, they are experts when it comes to distracting dangerous vipers. All my life I have dread this moment, I have met my match. Kidding aside, thanks for addressing my problem so promptly.

Keep up the great work dude!!

peace
paul

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 1:37 AM
I know how many thanks you already have, and usually i don't comment when there's already alot of comments, but this is an exception. This is just AMAZING! I saw this and right away started up the game to test it. The rollercoaster is so cool, i never thought i'd see them again except Makin Magic. The haunted house thing is cool too! and the bumper cars are really cool. (Did you use the remote control car animations?). Anyway, just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate this set, and how much time and effort went into it. Even my mom, who hates the sims, wanted to play when she saw this! Thanks so much!!!
Test Subject
#124 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 5:46 AM
This is amazing! Thanks a lot! Can't wait to try it out! :D

If anyone ever had any doubts as to whether you're hopelessly addicted to The Sims 2, this will definitely put those doubts to rest.
Test Subject
#125 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 6:17 AM
Hi great stuff and all but it corrupts my game every time i install it with Q-xpress I dont know why i have all ep's to.
Page 5 of 26