Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 11:03 PM Last edited by aelflaed : 29th Apr 2020 at 6:02 AM.
Default BHAV help please
I am using a BHAV nicked (with permission) out of another object. It seems to work okay, but I think it needs tidying up.

My understanding is that every line in the code needs to be connected, and in this code, there is a break splitting off the last three lines from everything else. It also looks like line 5 is not connected to anything at all.

My understanding of SimPE stuff is pretty limited, which is why I used someone else's code in the first place. I'm not certain what those last three lines are supposed to be doing, even, but I can follow decent instructions.

How should I fix this BHAV?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 12:04 AM
Honestly? If your object works as expected and doesn't throw any errors or break the game, I'd leave it be. Those lines don't really do much of anything other than allow intersection and set the weight of objects it can hold....
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 4:20 AM
Do they even do that? I suspect the game isn't reading those disconnected last lines at all, is it?

The object is single-tile, and isn't a surface, so shouldn't need to hold any weight at all.

I tried removing Lines 5 and 6, nothing seemed to change in-game. I wondered whether those lines might have been left over from wherever the BHAV started.

Thanks for your input!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 12:50 PM
The lines with black arrows are unconnected to anything and are not read by the game.  No reason to remove, but you can delete it if it makes you feel better.
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 1:12 PM
Do delete the last three lines. They are not being used but if you ever accidently linked them they will cause problems. The op-code was originally an initialise routine where 'My' was the object being initialized but now it is being run by a sim so 'My' is the sim. If the weight, support strength and/or footprint flags were accidently changed on a sim then the problem will likely show up on something unrelated and be extremely difficult to work out where the problem is coming from.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Do they even do that? I suspect the game isn't reading those disconnected last lines at all, is it?

Well, no they aren't/weren't being read. Which was the point of me saying to just leave them alone since they aren't even needed. :D
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 6:43 AM
Thanks, everyone! I'm tidying up that BHAV.