Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 8:59 AM
Default Help Me I'm Going Crazy Game Wont Start
can someone please help me i'm about to go crazy my game isnt working and i dont know what to do i reboot my computer i install the sims 2 holiday edition and then install the other games and now it wont load or anything everytime it load it said game crash and i cant go in my houses what should i do can someone please help!!!!!!!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 9:32 AM
I'm no genius but I would try maybe un-installing the holiday edition or dis-enabling it then see if your game works.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 9:40 AM
Hi,

Does it start loading at all? Or does the error come out a few seconds after you click on the Sims 2 shortcut on your desktop?

My game occassionally doesn't start because an error pops up right before the loading screen. What I do when this happens is I browse the Sims 2 CD, and click on the autorun.exe file. It has worked for me every time. Good luck!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 9:13 PM
i uninstall it like 3 times and stuff and it still didnt work now i can go into my neighborhood but when i try to click on a house to play that when it crash on me
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 11:29 PM
If I am reading this right, you installed the party pack and then your games. The party pack contains objects and is not an EP. Try installing the games, one at a time, playing a few minutes after each addition. The last thing to add would be the party pack. I just installed the party pack, without doing anything to my game before adding it. Good luck!

Teresa
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 11:36 PM Last edited by flyazzvtgrl : 18th Nov 2005 at 11:41 PM.
did u buy the holiday edition at the store or online? cause i went and borrow mine at my friend house and it the sims 2 holiday edition it not the same as the party pack so i uninstall the sims 2 and try to put tat one on and that when it started to crash and i reboot my computer and then i install it again and it still do the same thing so u want me to instal the regular game and then install the sim 2 holiday edition?? because the sims 2 holiday edition already got the sims 2 regular cd in it so i'm so confuse and fraustrated i dont know what to do
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 1:10 AM
Did the original game play okay? The holiday edition is basically the same game, it just has some extra features. What are the specifications of your computer?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 1:36 AM
yeah i just instal the orginal one in and it work perfect i dont know why i cant install the holiday one in
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 1:49 AM
Did you buy then download the holiday pack or buy it at a store?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 2:57 AM
The sims 2 holiday edition is the same game as TS2 game, the first CD of the Sims 2 that was released in the fall. The only difference is the Holiday Edition contains extra content for holidays that the first game did not have. Trying to install the Holiday Edition is the same as installing TS2 all over again on top of the first installation and this will corrupt files and cause all sorts of problems. The Holiday Edition was designed and released for those that do not have the original game. I would suggest saving all of your downloads, collections, and saved sims folder from your documents folder and then uninstalling everything. Also save your lot catalog and neighborhood folders. Do a reboot of your computer and use a registry cleaner to remove any files that the uninstaller missed and then reinstall everything again only this time install the Holiday Edition first and follow up with the other expansion packs after that in order that they were released. Then play the game to be sure everythign is working before moving all of your saved folders back into the game. I usually edit the registry by hand to remove Sims 2 files that are left behind but if you do not know how to do this DON'T! Get someone who knows the system registry for your operating system to do any editing as one wrong delete and the whole operating system becomes non operational.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 4:44 AM
thank you i hope it will work!!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#12 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tmadrk
The sims 2 holiday edition is the same game as TS2 game, the first CD of the Sims 2 that was released in the fall. The only difference is the Holiday Edition contains extra content for holidays that the first game did not have. Trying to install the Holiday Edition is the same as installing TS2 all over again on top of the first installation and this will corrupt files and cause all sorts of problems. The Holiday Edition was designed and released for those that do not have the original game. I would suggest saving all of your downloads, collections, and saved sims folder from your documents folder and then uninstalling everything. Also save your lot catalog and neighborhood folders. Do a reboot of your computer and use a registry cleaner to remove any files that the uninstaller missed and then reinstall everything again only this time install the Holiday Edition first and follow up with the other expansion packs after that in order that they were released. Then play the game to be sure everythign is working before moving all of your saved folders back into the game. I usually edit the registry by hand to remove Sims 2 files that are left behind but if you do not know how to do this DON'T! Get someone who knows the system registry for your operating system to do any editing as one wrong delete and the whole operating system becomes non operational.

Which is why maxis release a downloadable pack on the official site for those who already have the game.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 6:05 PM Last edited by Nollie : 19th Nov 2005 at 6:12 PM.
NOTE
TO LET EVERYBODY KNOW
THE SIMS2 HOLIDAY EDITION IS NOT JUST A PACK OF OBJECTS
IT HAS NEW WINDOWS
NEW WALLS AND FLOORS
NEW BEARD STYLE
NEW HAIR STYLES
NEW CLOTHES
AND
COMES WITH NEW MEAL
and a new party called new years bash
A NEW NPC THAT IS SANTA CLAUSE WHO GIVES U GIFTS
IT COMES WHEN U SERVE DINNER
so i m saying that 40 objects come with new animations and new treat is lot of file new thing ..so i think bugs are ot be there and someone has to slve
so errors ma occur
as too many change it makes
not just 40 objects
many more things are changed
there are new doors also
new santa is an npc i guess and it comes when u make the desser called santa cookies so there are many changes and it might eb bug
everyone is facing bugs with hpp
someoen please solve
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 6:53 PM
also
i ran my game
it runs fine
after nstalling partypack
i quat it and re ran and it rns fine still and the houses with party pack stuff load fine
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 8:51 PM
thank you i download the party pack at the sims2.com website cause the cd didnt work so i just did the other way now it work fine thank you....