Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#476 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 1:21 AM
Hey fresh prince after reading all 20 pages i can't belive you made this. its so breath taking. iv never posted on here before but after reading and seeing how the island grow i felt the need to post. this is prob one of my fav creations iv seen. its better than anything ea have used. i wont be downloading the beta not because i dont want it but because id rather play it once it is finished so i can get all the little wow factor as i discover each bit as i play. i cant wait for you to finish this i also cant belive how long it has taken you. the fact you was able to keep coming back to edit / finish this just shows how much effort you have put into it. i doubt ea put this much effort into any of the creations tehy have done. every post someoen says about changing you have listened n in nearly all cases that i can think of you accepted the change and thats oen thing ea is very slow at doing. also that boat has to be one of the best things iv seen in the sims 3 i can not wait to use it to get to that island.

its a shame that you only have the base game since all the ep / sp could have helped you make this island even better but i guess that since you did it in the base game it will give even more people the chance of playing it. i will be tellign all my sims 3 / gta friends about this creation of yours im pretty sure they will be jsut as amazed by it as me and all the other peopel who have posted on this thread.

i will be watchign this thread to see how you finish it off. i understand it prob will take a while but i can tell it will be worth the wait. good luck with finishing this and all your other amazing creations. also thank you for giving us all the chance to see what people amazing tallent can do.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#477 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 7:41 PM
Thank you guys so much for all of your replies and comments, it means a lot to me!

I truly am sorry that I haven't updated for a long time. I honestly haven't touched the world since the last time I updated. Time has been extremely limited due to college and getting a job. With the spare time i do get, which is still very little, i find myself working on a car for Christmas, just so my website fans don't disappear. I just opened up Vice City in CAW yesterday, and got a little sad looking at it because I know how long it would take me to finish it, and how I've neglected it. I really do want to work on it, there's just barely no time. I am still not quitting on this project though, I've done too much for it to go unnoticed and not to have others enjoy it. Meanwhile, I started this right at the end of 2009, and soon it will be 2011. That's a very strange thought,lol. One thing i can guarantee is that it will not be released in 2010.

Who knows when I will finish, but I will try my best to work on it when I can.

And thanks for letting me know about the patch. Rooftop pools, half walls, black lights and community lot music seem like all things that would add much to the experience. I keep on seeing screenshots from late night and it makes me so jealous,lol. Maybe if i ever finish this, I'll make a late night version. Just hopefully the newest patch doesn't screw up CAW again.

I want to thank you all for your patience, and hope you can hang in there a little bit longer.
Field Researcher
#478 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 3:46 AM
I hear the newest patch does screw up CAW, but I wouldn't know, 'cuz I haven't updated since ambitions got released!
Field Researcher
#479 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 4:23 AM
There's a raised bridge (the suspention bridge on this page; (http://simminginmagnificentstyle.bl...01_archive.html) that you can use if you want (the way to make it only the flat bridge from VC is to mot put in the fancy suspention bits).
Top Secret Researcher
#480 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 3:44 PM
All you have to do is uninstall and reinstall CAW and it works fine with the new patch.
Mad Poster
#481 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lennon7777777
There's a raised bridge (the suspention bridge on this page; (http://simminginmagnificentstyle.bl...01_archive.html) that you can use if you want (the way to make it only the flat bridge from VC is to mot put in the fancy suspention bits).

The textures on the suspension bridge are not magnificent at all. I would suggest using Twinbrook's bridge or the bridge from Buccaneer's Bay (if you can get it).
Test Subject
#482 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fresh-Prince
I want to thank you all for your patience, and hope you can hang in there a little bit longer.

If it keeps as good as the beta, We surley can hang on a bunch more years for the final result

Also, I´ve made an interior for the Vercetti Estate... Well, just for fun!

(Yeah, I´ve made a bedroom and a bathroom, after all even gangsters need to sleep and pee )

Cheers!
Test Subject
#483 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 8:17 AM
Good job of Mr V's mansion henriquedematos
Scholar
Original Poster
#484 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 9:22 PM
I've already begun doing the inside of the Vercetti Mansion, but henriquedematos, you did an excellent job! That looks great! I love the sim,lol. =P

So I installed the patch as you suggested, and it's wonderful! I love the community music, the new roof pools and shapes, fountains, half walls, it really adds more to the overall feeling of Vice City. One thing that I really love is the new water reflections! It adds such a complete/more full feeling to the City. It fills a lot of the emptiness having the buildings being reflected off the water.

Theorist
#485 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 10:05 PM
Very slick indeed.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#486 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 1:25 AM
Would you mind if I uploaded some VC sims to go with your world @ MTS?
Forum Resident
#487 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 1:42 PM
^^I believe FP has said that he wants to do the sims as well.

I LOVE IT FP! Can't wait to see what's next!

Oh, and FP, I just checked, I still have the covers saved for when this project is finished!

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
--------------------------
Call me Simalicious, ImSim, or Chris!
Scholar
Original Poster
#488 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 10:08 PM
Thanks guys! I have a new preview video with a lot of candid shots from the city. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DygM_aIa9yI

Chris, I wont need the covers just yet, but I still love them and can't wait to add the pics to them!

Lennon, I will only be uploading my content with the world. Sorry to be strict about it, but I just would like it to be a project containing just my custom content. You are more than welcome to upload any vice city things under your own profile, so you get full credit, that would be awesome. Sorry again, I hope you aren't disappointed.
Lab Assistant
#489 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fresh-Prince
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DygM_aIa9yI

"This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Seriously, i hate this "copyright enforcement" from the music industry. it's getting out of hand.
Forum Resident
#490 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 2:42 PM
Love the video! Thanks for posting it!

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
--------------------------
Call me Simalicious, ImSim, or Chris!
Test Subject
#491 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by game90
"This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

Seriously, i hate this "copyright enforcement" from the music industry. it's getting out of hand.

Same here
Test Subject
#492 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 7:03 PM
Seen the preview video on your site and tbh, after downloading the beta this is a genuin work of art
Love your work and looking forward to seing more
Test Subject
#493 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 10:23 PM
Wow! This is great. Even if it takes another year, I'll wait for this.

Much love, very appreciated. You are truly a dedicated and wonderful artist. Looking forward to more great things from you.
Test Subject
#494 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by borderline2
Wow! This is great. Even if it takes another year, I'll wait for this.

Much love, very appreciated. You are truly a dedicated and wonderful artist. Looking forward to more great things from you.

You said it!
Test Subject
#495 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 6:13 AM
Wow! This is awesome!
Test Subject
#496 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 9:54 PM
Default <3 IT!!
Any new updates on this!! I would love to get this! Will the beta form work a mac? Don't wanna rush anything but I would love to have thiss!! I will wait!!!!
Test Subject
#497 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 11:06 PM
wow
its looks brill, i cant wait to download it and play.
Test Subject
#498 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 7:26 AM
looks awsome great job makes me miss playing gta vice city now
Lab Assistant
#499 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 10:24 PM
Goodness... I'm a little speechless about this world.

I love the world you have going on here. When you made the changes to the water and the night lighting, oh my gawd! That really brought it together.

My only spat of feedback would be terrain blending, but as I haven't used CAW for more than a few minutes, I'm not sure how much of the grass you can mingle to make it less homogeneous... if that makes sense!

BTW, love the cars. You do such awesome work.
Field Researcher
#500 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 5:31 AM
Yes, I have no intentions to upload my sims w/your world in any way/shape/form, and I want to keep that clear-I'll only be uploading under my account. So, with that over with, could you give me your opinion on my sims (I think Ricardo diaz, umberto robina, & auntie poulet are the closest to the actual ones.) You shall die if you don't give me feedback! Have a Nice Day!
Locked thread
Page 20 of 30