Replies: 30 (Who?), Viewed: 1538 times.
Page 2 of 2
Inventor
Original Poster
#26 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 9:24 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 19th Jan 2021 at 2:20 PM.
OMG is the Sims 2 so bad that I can't use delete the family button in Neighborhood?

I don't usually use so many mods. Just clothes, objects and those for beauty and better appearence. I downloaded Downtownie Templates Be Gone and Alt Sim Surgery. I really don't know what else to do with those. I want my hood to have at least one person of each gender for each NPC type. I am not of that type who care for memory space saving. So even my hood has a lot of dead souls in it. Well... let it be. Until they won't corrupt entire neighborhood and I couldn't play characters and families at all.
I saw through Cyjon's thread you shared me: "Since I already have my hobbyists and I don't use worthless social groups, I don't have any motivation to keep fighting with this." OMG Why? I had so much fun with hobbyists and social groups that he or she called worthless. It was add such a great variety to gameplay and I liked the idea of lot levels. I am confused. This mod looks unfinished and think I should not use any mod made by this person since now.
Regards Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#27 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 2:36 PM
Well, yes, unfortunately it's not safe to delete families using that nhood button. Neither is the cheat "deleteallcharacters" safe. You should ONLY use Theo's method to delete sims. But don't worry, many people have done that in the past. Even I did. It's the "easiest" and most common way to corrupt a neighborhood, LOL! But hey, I also had to recreate my first neighborhood which I have ever made just because of these little things that seem to be so harmless, but are dangerous in fact.

Quote:
So even my hood has a lot of dead souls in it. Well... let it be. Until they won't corrupt entire neighborhood and I couldn't play characters
and families at all.

I'm very sorry to disappoint you, but this is literally what's eventually going to happen. You can keep playing in corrupted neighborhoods, of course. But one day, it will just disappear. Sooner or later... depending on how much corrupted your neighborhood is. 2k+ SimDNA files really doesn't sound good. I mean, you could still play the neighborhood yourself in your game, that's your game. But you should take into consideration that a shared neighborhood should at least be corruption-free. Otherwise, you might break other people's games. That's why, corrupted neighborhoods usually get rejected on MTS. (if you want to upload the neighborhood in the future)

Playing TS2 in an unmodded game is unfortunately quite prone to corruption. You should at least have the Essential Mods installed, which don't really add any new features or all... they just literally fix the game actually.

Finally, it's not about the hobbyists and social groups in general. Cyjon disabled them from the menu, because the Townie & NPC Maker didn't create proper hobbyists and social group members. Usually, the game wouldn't even use them and would generate new ones instead; they'd just be left unused in your neighborhood. So, that's why the option has been disabled to prevent corruption, again. But don't worry! The hobbyists will still spawn in-game when they are needed. (Unless you have this mod installed) You don't need to force them to be generated. The same is also true for social group members. I have Cyjon's Townie & NPC Maker installed myself and still see newly generated hobbyists in my game whenever a sim gains enough hobby enthusiasm.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Inventor
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 11:54 AM
Okaaay. I learned from your words that playable hood and shared should to be two different hoods. And that's not just copypasting story. Not sure if this hood could be shared since there.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Trainee Moderator
#29 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 7:21 PM
This can definitely be demotivating. I, myself, didn't like how the inhabited Aileen Landing turned out, so I'm planning on recreating that neighborhood one day, too... not now, though. But I figured that I could still share the empty neighborhood for now and do the inhabited one once I feel like doing that.

For your neighborhood, you could also use this method to create an empty shareable neighborhood first. Upload the empty neighborhood for now and then, proceed to do the inhabited version once you feel like doing that.

The second time, you'll know that you shouldn't be deleting sims, etc. and I promise, the second time things will definitely improve.

Don't give up on this, though! Neighborhood creation definitely is a challenging process and if it's inhabited, then it's even more challenging. But you'll earn a badge for completing a neighborhood project when you upload your first neighborhood on MTS, to acknowledge your hard work!

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Inventor
Original Poster
#30 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 1:29 PM
I wish to make neighborhood, but those would be much simplyfied like hoods you made from Sim Stories. With no townies, NPCs and social classes. Just with residents.
I guess it should have another theme. Since I did not know a lot of things, I see this project is too huge to handle with my current knowlege. Guess I would have another questions for next one. Should I start new thread for it?

Trainee Moderator
#31 Old 22nd Jan 2021 at 12:12 AM
I'd say let the neighborhood rest for a while. There's no need to rush things. You can upload the neighborhood anytime you want. So, I'd suggest you to just leave the neighborhood somewhere safe, take a break from it and play the actual game for a while.

Whenever I feel frustrated about a neighborhood, I usually do that too to just get my mind off of it, until I feel ready again to start working on the neighborhood. Trust me, you can handle it, too! It's just that you feel slightly overwhelmed or maybe frustrated now, due to what happened and maybe, you actually liked how the simmies in your neighborhood turned out to be and recreating all of them seems to be tons of work... but don't worry, it's not actually. I could help you with that. If you want to restore the original looks of your townies/NPCs from your old neighborhood, I could give you instructions on how to do that using Alt Sim Surgery.

If you feel ready to proceed, don't be too much scared about corruption. Just play as you'd normally do in normal neighborhoods. Start with re-creating the sims/families which were in the previous version. (Again, it's possible to extract the sims from your old neighborhood to CAS using SimPE), so that you can re-create the families in the clean neighborhood, based on the extracted sims. Who knows, maybe you get creative and even make a few adaptions while re-creating them or you even create some more extra sims/families.

You may also create the townies, NPCs, social classes if you wish. There's nothing wrong with neighborhood that are already shipped with customized townies/NPCs. It'll definitely make your neighborhood more interesting to play! The reason why I didn't include the townies/NPCs in the Sims Stories neighborhood is just that they were all boring/ugly template face sims in the original neighborhoods... and there isn't really a point of including a set of townies/NPCs that are not even customized. I could have customized them, yes, but then, it wouldn't be a Maxis re-creation anymore. So, that's why I skipped doing that... not necessarily because of the amount of sims.

If you want to create townies/NPCs, though, just do it in the correct way this time. Don't use the Kill option on Townie & NPC Maker and/or the Delete button in neighborhood view and you're good to go! Always accept any townie/NPC generated by that tool and change the names, appearances, faces, etc. afterwards in SimPE.

If you have questions (ie how to use Alt Sim Surgery to make-over generated NPCs) or any other questions you may have about neighborhood creation, feel free to either create a new thread, PM me or write it here too. You may also PM other neighborhood creators for advice, of course!

My Simblr
Page 2 of 2