Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Traits for All Ages

by mikey Posted 4th Jun 2014 at 5:26 AM - Updated 15th Jul 2014 at 8:08 PM by mikey

420 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 79 Feedback Posts, 340 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 17 of 17
Lab Assistant
#401 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mysteryhouse
I downloaded this mod and because I play with nraas mods, the whole town became super sims that have ALL traits. Every single sim started to have every single compatible trait added to them. The game became not so fun anymore. It might not be the intent of this mod but it's what happened to me. I didn't read other people's posts or comments but hope there will be a variant for Active household only. Meaning we as players want more trait slots for our sims but not forced on townies. You know when you finish a rabbit hole career (max rank) you should be prompted to select a new trait just like the academic bonus trait slots we receive. I think that would be more realistic.

Hey there! i am not the creator of this mod but i have used this mod for many years... and i too have come back and read this thread many times... It is compatible with 1.69 and this may give you some answers as well...
TO REMOVE ADDITIONAL TRAITS
To remove additional traits with MasterController (you will need the Base Module and Cheats Module)
For the Active Family, click on a Sim > NRaas > MasterController > Advanced > Traits > Drop Traits, then you must enter the number of traits you wish to remove (repeat for each sim)
For Town (non active) Sims, click on the City Hall or any Computer > NRaas > Sim > Advanced > Traits > Drop Traits
then you will need to supply the target Sims - use "Age"
select Young Adult, Adult, & Elder
on the next screen, click on "All" at the top
Now you must choose how many traits to remove (if you are using the 20 max version and wish to return to default 5, then you would enter 15)
Repeat steps a,b,c & d for Teens, Child, and Baby/Toddler Ages

I hope this helps!
Test Subject
#402 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 4:03 PM
Hey, I have a question or two about the mod. I've seen people comment that no matter the version they have in their game, all the NPCs end up having 20 traits each. Is that so even if you have the max. 5 traits version installed? I might have misunderstood, though.

@dinadine May I ask which version of the mod do you have in your game? If I got this right, the superhuman Sims with 20 traits shouldn't happen if I install the max. 5 traits version of this mod?
Test Subject
#403 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 2:21 PM
Default Mod keeps resetting max traits
Every time I edit For Town (non active) Sims, click on the City Hall > NRaas > Sim > Advanced > Traits > Drop Traits, to take away traits it looks as If It works just fine. Then about a few minutes later It re-adds the mods max default. Re-edit after re-edit It just rewrites traits back to the mods default value after some time passes. I dont want other sims to have 8 traits, but Id still like to use the other features of this mod, with traits at any age.

tl;dr Mod keeps re-adding mods max traits after removing extra traits.
Help?
Test Subject
#404 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Todesfurcht
Version 1.67
This causes the townies in my saves to have 20 traits. Is there a fix or a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks.

I have this problem too and i had to get it outta my game cause of this issue
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#405 Old 2nd Jan 2022 at 2:36 AM
Thank you for creating this mod it made things much better
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#406 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 6:13 AM
Love this mod. I'm curious if it's possible to have a mod where instead of having more traits per life stage, you would gain an extra trait per graduation certificate and level 8 social group? Making it 5 normal traits 5 graduation traits and 3 social group traits. All for a total of 13 possible traits. Can this be done?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#407 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 7:50 AM
<3 <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#408 Old 25th Mar 2022 at 6:28 PM
Version one should be just enough, thank you very much.
Test Subject
#409 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fanofytp
does this mod still work with patch 1.69? i don't like the limits either, but i found it doesn't wanna work for me for some reason. :/ ive removed and reinstalled the mod in the packages folder. idk whats wrong. do i have to have another mod to activate it in the game or something else?
edit: to clarify, yes i do have rainbow brites mod, and i got V4 of rainbow brites mod, and choose mikeys V4 for 20 traits max. do i have to have some .net framework or something?
If you ever got this to work I would love to know how. I am experiencing the same problems with the mod and don't know what to do.
Test Subject
#410 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 4:49 PM
What I am doing is using nraas, when I see a townie who is randomly generated, I go to cas, and put them to an older/younger life state, and back to the original. They will keep the 5 traits. But yeah, for new townies that you haven't seen yet, it has to be done again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#411 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 11:49 AM
e
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#412 Old 20th Oct 2022 at 4:44 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
#413 Old 9th Nov 2022 at 9:36 PM
Thanks!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#414 Old 16th Feb 2023 at 3:12 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#415 Old 7th Mar 2023 at 9:55 AM
8 traits is gonna be enough for my sims to be even more interesting! I feel like 20 trait version is ridicolous though, especially considering theres only 99 traits in TS3 ._. still thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#416 Old 11th Mar 2023 at 6:17 PM
Great Idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#417 Old 23rd Mar 2023 at 12:24 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#418 Old 1st May 2023 at 11:53 AM
Thank you for this mod. More traits means more complex sims and it's really good.

The only thing I could suggest is a intermediate version between the v1 and the v2 with 10 traits for the YA+, 7 traitys for T and so on...
Test Subject
#419 Old 16th Nov 2023 at 5:07 AM
Loved this mod!! Until just recently, my game has stopped recognizing it and any of its versions. Anyone else having this issue? My other mods are running just fine. Ever since I downloaded the Island and Future expansion packs, some of my mods aren't loading like they used to.
Test Subject
#420 Old 20th Nov 2023 at 3:24 PM
I have Nraas Master Controller installed, but I don't understand why can't I see "Traits" under Advanced? The only things I see is Edit in CAS, Force Kill and Reset Sim. That's all..I know it's working because if I edit any auto generated sims in town, I can see they have 20 traits. When I removed all traits, I can only add back to 5 only. Anyone else having this issue? Master Controller is version 134, my Sims 3 is 1.62.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#421 Old 8th Apr 2024 at 8:05 AM
Thank you very much!
Page 17 of 17