Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Default Replacement Fixer - V3.0 10/12/2020, fixes default eyes, eyebrows, makeup, and skins broken by patches

by CmarNYC Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 7:14 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2020 at 11:02 PM by CmarNYC

265 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 11
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#26 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tysakasa
Seems to be hit or miss for me. I use Bright Eyes by joannebernice
(link if you want to take a look: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...lts/id/1300720/ )
It only seems to fix 5 of the colours and they only seem to semi work (at least when viewed in CAS). When one of the sims that CAS gave me landed on one of the fixed colours, it would show it, but when I imported one of my sims from the library that uses the red colour, the game wouldn't recognize the fixed ones, remaining on what ever colour that didn't get fixed. Tested a few others sims to see if their colours would cause the same thing as the red one, but all of the ones I've tested still recognized the eye colours that your fixer managed to fix.

Looking in the package, there are only 5 CASPs in there and the rest of the 18 colors seem to be replacements of the textures only. This tool can only fix the colors with CASPs in the package. One of the 5 looks kind of purple to me, not sure if that's the red one.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Looking in the package, there are only 5 CASPs in there and the rest of the 18 colors seem to be replacements of the textures only. This tool can only fix the colors with CASPs in the package. One of the 5 looks kind of purple to me, not sure if that's the red one.

Bugger... As for the red and purple, the one that your fixer did get was the purple one, red would have been the eye colour right next to it (when viewed in CAS). Any clue on how to manually fix it? (not a CC creator, only dabbled in mod creation and the creator of these eyes hasn't released anything new since 2017) Or a possibility in the future that your fixer may be able to do that as well?
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerbreadman15
Hi!! Thanks so much for this!! Does this work on apple computers? I can't open the .exe file.

This tool is for Windows only. It says so right in the description. On a Mac, you can either use Boot Camp to boot into a Windows partition or a VM program, such as Parallels, to run a Windows virtual machine. I use Parallels, and it's pretty resource intensive, even with 16GB of RAM.

I run a Discord server dedicated to assisting Mac Simmers. Come join me here: https://discord.gg/6sjegZD

"It wasn't long ago that I was just like you." -- "Emenius Sleepus" by Michael Ryan Pritchard
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#29 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerbreadman15
Hi!! Thanks so much for this!! Does this work on apple computers? I can't open the .exe file.

Windows only, sorry.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:42 PM
you're a hero!!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#31 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tysakasa
Bugger... As for the red and purple, the one that your fixer did get was the purple one, red would have been the eye colour right next to it (when viewed in CAS). Any clue on how to manually fix it? (not a CC creator, only dabbled in mod creation and the creator of these eyes hasn't released anything new since 2017) Or a possibility in the future that your fixer may be able to do that as well?

Bugger indeed. It's an interesting question - probably the tool could take the default replacement texture TGI, clone or create the corresponding CASP, and add it to the package. Hmmm. I'll look at it in the next couple of days.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#32 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peaudebanane
Thank you so much for your fix! I also tried it with reticulates' defaults but they don't work in my game either (and neither does Nolan-Sims' conversion for pets). Could you please take a look? You'd be a lifesaver!

All of the packages you uploaded are for alien eyes. I didn't see anything for pets despite one being named 'CatDayDreamin'. They work fine in my game. It sounds like a stupid question but are you looking for them in the alien eyes? Another stupid question, are you using HQ or running with unusual settings or something?

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:55 PM
Bugger indeed. It's an interesting question - probably the tool could take the default replacement texture TGI, clone or create the corresponding CASP, and add it to the package. Hmmm. I'll look at it in the next couple of days.

Okay, thanks. Figured I'd ask, because they're a really good set of eyes and the only ones I've ever found that give my one sim her trademark ruby eye colour while still looking rather Maxis matched. Not in any hurry about it so don't feel pressured into finding a solution as soon as possible, get the base working, then expand (if possible) for when others come in with similar issues

But the Sims community definitely should be giving you props for creating stuff like this
Test Subject
#34 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 11:18 PM
Thank you so much for this! I cannot manage to run it tho, it keeps crashing for me is there a reason why it might?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#35 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ncgg
Thank you so much for this! I cannot manage to run it tho, it keeps crashing for me is there a reason why it might?

Could be a lot of things. Could you upload the package you're using it on? Is there an error message you can copy and post here?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 11:20 PM
It worked! Thank you so much! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 11:37 PM
for whatever reason this doesn't fix the eyes i use, moonchildlovesthenight fancy eyes
Test Subject
#38 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 11:44 PM
I get an "0 eye colors updated" error with Nyloa's HOPU eyes.
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 11:53 PM
What do secondary eye colors mean? Are they other non-default eyes in the eye category or part of EA's default eyes? And are non-defaults affected by this patch and need this program or are they only defaulted ones?
Test Subject
#40 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 11:55 PM
All of the packages you uploaded are for alien eyes. I didn't see anything for pets despite one being named 'CatDayDreamin'. They work fine in my game. It sounds like a stupid question but are you looking for them in the alien eyes? Another stupid question, are you using HQ or running with unusual settings or something?

That's so weird, how is that possible? The files in the zip should be:
- NolanSims_CatDaydreaminD.package (self-explanatory)
- NolanSims_LDDaydreaminD.package (LD for Large Dogs)
- NolanSims_SmDDaydreaminD.package (SmD for Small Dogs)
- reticulatesDaydreaminEyesEADefault.package (normal non occult defaults)

Your fix actually fixed the alien eyes defaults that I use (starstruck also from reticulates). So it did work but only for the alien ones and not the normal and pets defaults. What concerns me is that there's no reason for the other files that I uploaded to be marked as alien eyes, although that would explain why they don't work since we can only use one set of defaults for a category.

Could your fix have turned them into alien eyes? I uploaded the originals before running it, if that's not too much trouble could you confirm me that these are correctly marked?

As for my mods and settings, I don't use HQ or any unusual settings, simply the highest ones.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Originals.zip (1.25 MB, 12 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#41 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by octoweirdo
for whatever reason this doesn't fix the eyes i use, moonchildlovesthenight fancy eyes

They work in my game. Did you remove the old package? Could you upload your fixed package?

Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 12:08 AM
They work in my game. Did you remove the old package? Could you upload your fixed package?

odd, i will upload my updated files. should i try without my non-defaults? idk if that would affect anything. thank you for taking a look.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Fancy Eyes EcoUpdate.zip (2.48 MB, 5 downloads)
Test Subject
#43 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 12:26 AM
didn't work for simmandy's intuition eyes
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 12:31 AM
Its not working for the eyes I use either
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#45 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by peaudebanane
That's so weird, how is that possible? The files in the zip should be:
- NolanSims_CatDaydreaminD.package (self-explanatory)
- NolanSims_LDDaydreaminD.package (LD for Large Dogs)
- NolanSims_SmDDaydreaminD.package (SmD for Small Dogs)
- reticulatesDaydreaminEyesEADefault.package (normal non occult defaults)

Your fix actually fixed the alien eyes defaults that I use (starstruck also from reticulates). So it did work but only for the alien ones and not the normal and pets defaults. What concerns me is that there's no reason for the other files that I uploaded to be marked as alien eyes, although that would explain why they don't work since we can only use one set of defaults for a category.

Could your fix have turned them into alien eyes? I uploaded the originals before running it, if that's not too much trouble could you confirm me that these are correctly marked?

As for my mods and settings, I don't use HQ or any unusual settings, simply the highest ones.

Yes, very strange.

I converted the reticulates eyes again and they still work in my game. The Nolan cat eyes have a problem, it looks like the secondary colors are there but the primary ones don't appear - there are no swatches at all in CAS. When you say they don't work, what do you mean exactly?

I'll have to come back to the animal eyes (and the rest of the problems) tomorrow.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#46 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmyneutron
I get an "0 eye colors updated" error with Nyloa's HOPU eyes.

Could you post a link? I can't find them.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#47 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
What do secondary eye colors mean? Are they other non-default eyes in the eye category or part of EA's default eyes? And are non-defaults affected by this patch and need this program or are they only defaulted ones?

Secondary eye colors are for pets with two different eye colors. This shouldn't harm non-default eyes but they don't need to be fixed.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#48 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by octoweirdo
odd, i will upload my updated files. should i try without my non-defaults? idk if that would affect anything. thank you for taking a look.

All of the converted packages you uploaded seem to work fine in my game. Did you remove the old packages? When you say they don't work, do you mean they don't show up in CAS or that you don't see the appearance you expect?

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#49 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cutieje
didn't work for simmandy's intuition eyes

They work fine in my game. What do you mean that they don't work? Do they not show up in CAS or the appearance isn't what you expect? Did you remove the original package?

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#50 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pepperjax1230
Its not working for the eyes I use either

These eyes are made a different way - they replace only the textures. This tool can't fix them at present but I'm going to see if I can add that function.

Page 2 of 11