Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 8:11 AM
Pause/Play Keys sometimes stop working in TAB Mode?
Anybody have any idea why sometimes the speed keys (0,1,2 & 3) stop working in full-screen/Tab mode?

It forces me to exit the houses and try reloading and trying other houses, until they begin working again.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 8:24 AM
This doesn't solve the problem about 2 out of ten times but I found pressing other shortcuts once when it happens does the trick. Like when you find out 0123 doesn't work, press P (for Pause) once, then they work again.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 8:41 AM
Have the same issue every time I load up the game. It sorts itself out after 3-5 minutes though. All other shortcuts, but 0123 works. I'm thinking it's possibly the Origin overlay interfering? No idea how to solve it either.

List of downloads here
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 8:59 AM
I found on the forums that hitting ESC twice will fix it. I haven't had the issue during tonight's play but will try it next time I have the issue.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 9:26 AM
Thanks, for suggestions I think, there's some sort of lock mode, it can't be a bug, surely the patches would of fixed it by now, I just got it back by pressing V twice, but isn't V for Video, nvm I'll try hit Escape twice next time.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 3:46 PM
ESC worked for me, just had the issue when I started the game.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 5:59 PM Last edited by eRogue : 6th Oct 2014 at 6:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
it can't be a bug, surely the patches would of fixed it by now

That's funny. The patches thus far have addressed surprisingly very few bugs, imo. In 5 years there will still be (old) bugs that haven't been fixed, as evidence by TS3, TS2, and actually SimCity4 is my favorite example because that one ended up 99% bugfree -- oh so close but they just stopped trying even when the solution was at hand.

EA Answer HQ has this listed in the 7 pages of Compiled List of Bugs , which seems lengthy but not all known bugs are there, nor is everything listed here necessarily a bug, but the helper does his best.

Quote: Originally posted by Compiled List of Bugs
Keys stop working after a while, like the 1-2-3 or m (mem1989, iGlamLou, ewilson1114, minky7) --> Try pressing the ESC Key.