Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 2:36 PM Last edited by MatthewSimmer : 31st Jul 2021 at 7:48 PM. Reason: Fixing the word "stand" into "stall", also adding some words in.
Default Corrupted texture problem
Hey there,
I've always been discovering that the texture on the toilet stall is already now corrupted (while I'm playing Mansion & Garden Stuff).
And it is literally replaced by a white box with some black and blue text in.

I was trying to reinstall the entire game, replace the objects.package and Sims3D files, and uninstalling & installing the latest SP and EP again.
But all of them didn't solve the problem for me. However it only solves that when I am only playing Seasons with/without other expansion packs or without my latest EP.

I have no idea about what I did do, to actually make the texture to be corrupted.
Is there a way I could fix this corruption issue? Thank you.

By the way, here's the image how it looks like.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 6:15 PM
The files for the toilet stalls are in the basegame folder, so you might want to check if any files in that folder have been corrupted.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 8:04 PM Last edited by MatthewSimmer : 31st Jul 2021 at 8:09 PM. Reason: Finally, I have been fixing everything in that reply.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The files for the toilet stalls are in the basegame folder, so you might want to check if any files in that folder have been corrupted.

Alright, so I was already checking if any (object) files in the base game folder could be corrupted.
But I saw that they aren't, because the modification date of these files are the same as the installation files on a base game CD's date (never modified after Feb 2005),
and the metal texture (it is still there in SimPE) for that object would appear correctly without the latest SP installed in.

Pretty strange if the problem only does occur in that stuff pack and these files are not already corrupted.
But should I also check with the game files in M&G or something else in there?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 8:14 PM
Do you have the CEP? If so, check that you have all of the files in the correct locations.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Do you have the CEP? If so, check that you have all of the files in the correct locations.

Yes, I do have the Color Enable Package.
I have been redownloading that a while ago (It's been a long time, since when that package has been installed for the first time. But then it was accidentally deleted from the game uninstallation),
and of course that all of the files are exactly in the correct locations.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 8:52 PM
There's a CEP extra that fixes the toilet stall recolours, so I was wondering if you had that only partially installed. It needs two files for that extra; one in Documents and one in the basegame installation files.
Screenshots