Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 7:38 PM
Specifically, which outfit are you using? Also, would probably be best to make your own thread in Body Shop Meshing (the main forum) since this thread is just for stuff that directly relates to the tutorial itself - once you branch out on your own projects, it should be separate.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 9:10 PM
I followed the whole tutorial, which is excellent.

But if I follow the tutorial using a different package, how can I link this package I have selected in SavedSims to the one I have defined in TutorialDress Files, if I have more than one 3D ID Referencing File ?
Screenshots
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 11:02 PM
That looks like an actual -skintone- file to me, not a clothing recolour. I think you've gotten very confused somewhere along the way. These techniques are just for clothing, not skintones. Linking skintones to full body meshes -can- be done (for special body types like bodybuilders) but that's not covered in this tutorial at all.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 6:31 PM
OK, so I'll try to find a tutorial to link skintones to full body meshes.

Thank you for your help
Test Subject
#30 Old 27th Oct 2008 at 11:58 AM
Default milkshape help
i am having trouble with the 'deselect' step, i have been trying the shift-right click to deselect the unwanted vertices but nothing happens, any suggestions?
Test Subject
#31 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 11:22 PM
I have a homework question -
When trying to make a mesh fatter I got really confused. You said to use the same technics as in the tutorial but when I tried to select thoes five rows at the waist and scale them (by 1.3) the consequence was that it stuck out from the body in a very weird way. I had tried to select more rows to scale and ended up selecting the whole thing and then just the part where the dress's supposed to be and... Making a long story short - I'm totally lost at this. Can you explain how to make a mesh fatter, as you did in the tutorial regarding to making it slimmer?
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 2:33 PM
Hi there. ^^
First I would like to say, that I really enjoyed doing your tutorial. ^^
It's really great and so damn easy to understand. XD
So, well. With the dress, everything went well. But now I wanted to try the same method on hair meshes, because it's way easier than the older tut's here on MtS2.
But I had the same problem as Aquarius61...
Well, you mentioned s.th. about a different method with hair und accessories...
So, does that mean, I can't use your method on hair? Q___Q
Is there an easier way to create own hair meshes, than discribed in the hair tutorials here on MtS2? Or maybe you could do one, thats easier to understand. ^^°
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 2:51 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 6th Nov 2008 at 2:58 PM.
Buskila - Try selecting one row of vertices at a time, and expanding it by 1.1 each time. That will give you a very small increase, but will be easier to control. It's generally just a matter of eyeballing it and making it a little bit fatter until it looks right. You can always shrink some if you think it looks too fat or lumpy in one place by scaling by 0.98-ish.

melody2 - You need to be much more advanced at creating than this tutorial will teach you in order to make hair. There are great articles on creating hair here - many of them not very outdated. Making hair is VERY hard - much harder than bodies. The methods described here can be used, in part, to make hair, but if you try to follow this tutorial for hair, it won't work.

Test Subject
#34 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 6:30 PM
Thanks a lot! I'll try to implement your suggestions. Great tutorial, by the way! You really knew how to explain things so even complete ignorants like me won't feel totally lost.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 6th Nov 2008 at 6:54 PM
Kay, thx for the quick answer. ^^
I'll take your advice, and try to read the other articles more carefully, in order to understand them better. XD I'm german, so my english is pretty basic, I guess. ^^°
(but it's my favorite language, cause it sounds so much better and easier and softer, than our hard and strict and complicated german XD)
Oh, yeah. And I agree with Baskila. You really know, how to explain difficult things, so
even newbies understand them. ^^
Crap, I must stop dilly dalling and keep on practising. XD
Test Subject
#36 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 12:30 PM
OK, I followed the tutorial, but the new mesh of the dress I made, was invisible. So I deleted it in Body Shop. But now I see that the original maxis dresses are invisible, too!
What do I do?
Test Subject
#37 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 6:00 AM
Hi, I just finished the tutorial and it was really great and easy to follow. Only one problem though, I'm not sure why (maybe I forgot to cross my toes and knees...) but when I click on the final dress under the formal tab in body shop, I get this horrifying monster deformation! Her legs and arms are stretched everywhere and she's missing a head! After I got recovered from my shock, I went through the whole tutorial again step-by-step, but still got the same end result. I'm using MilkShape 1.8.0 and when I checked the version numbers for the Unimesh plugins it displayed Import V4.09A and Exporter V4.07A. Could the difference in version numbers be the cause? Otherwise, what do you think may have caused it? (I'm 99.5% sure I did every step as stated!)

Thanks again for the great tutorial!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 10:46 AM
levinasims - Delete everything you've made for the project as something is still in there screwing things up, I guess. I'm guessing you made a default replacement somehow and didn't delete it entirely.

Nessx007 - It sounds like you moved part of the skeleton in the process of creating your mesh. That's why it says to uncheck "show skeleton" when you get into Milkshape, so you can't edit the skeleton and mess it up. There's a thread about that here where Wes_h (the creator of Unimesh) tells how to fix it: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=308709

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#39 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 7:21 PM
I think Delphy should create a little halo icon for our very patient and saintly mods who answer the same kinds of questions over and over again, and somehow manage not to collect any heads during the day.
#40 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 8:26 AM
Hey,, great tutorial! I do have a question, it is probably really simple, but her it goes. I am in Part 4, step 5, check your linking. I did what it said and the numerical values did not change. I am not sure if this is nnormal, but every thing in the resource list is greyed out except 3D ID Referencing and Directory of Compressed files. The 3D ID Ref. is the only one italicized. Let me know if you would like screenshots, thank you!

Vampy
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 3:24 PM
OK.... I'm sorry to just baffle this out but when I was at the part when you check in bodyshop if your mesh shows up, nothin showed up. I sort of panicked and deleted everything in my folder (that had the shape and other three items) and deleted the mesh in the downloads folder... nothing came back or changed and the item i was working on ( a gown) doesnt show up when i try to select it in 'make new project' or 'create new sims'. Do I have to reinstall my game?? 8(
Test Subject
#42 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by levinasims
OK, I followed the tutorial, but the new mesh of the dress I made, was invisible. So I deleted it in Body Shop. But now I see that the original maxis dresses are invisible, too!
What do I do?

THATS EXACTLY MY PROBLEM!!!
Test Subject
#43 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 3:31 PM
The only thing is I DID delete everything that had to do with it... I even deleted it in Bodyshop. Nothing has changed, the three Maxis dresses are still invisible. Additionally, after the three icons of the Maxis dresses, there are three new empty icons that show the smae result as clicking on the Maxis dresses icons (an invisible body). How can I get everything back as it was??
Test Subject
#44 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 4:37 PM
Please ignore my previous posts... I had forgotten to re-load my bodyshop after deleting everything. Everything works now.

BTW nice guide thanks alot xoxxox
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 9:00 PM Last edited by Sango_91 : 5th Jan 2009 at 3:21 PM.
I have got a question. Whenever I try to use the sim mesh extractor in SimPE, the extractor does not find anything. It always says: "Not all parts could be found for the mesh". I tried to start it over three times, but nothing has changed, tough. Could someone tell me what the prob is? It's really weird because I am using the same mesh as it is described in the tutorial
Mad Poster
#46 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 4:52 AM
SimPE keeps popping up with 'This is not an appropriate context in which to use this tool'
Test Subject
#47 Old 13th Jan 2009 at 12:22 AM Last edited by Firesyne : 13th Jan 2009 at 1:34 AM.
Awesome
I'm using:
SimPE 0.72
Milkshape3D 1.8.4

and everything in your tutorial worked flawlessly!!
Now hopefully I can repeat it for other projects ((crossing fingers!))
Thanx sooooooo much 4 this tutorial! :D
Field Researcher
#48 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 1:32 AM
Thank you soo much for this tutorial!! :D

Riblan, that happened to me too. You have to click, file, new to create a new package.

Whee.
Test Subject
#49 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 12:02 AM
During Part 3 - 5.

I get this error message when trying to extract the body mesh:
"Not all parts could be found for mesh: afbodylongloose_sandfancy"

help ~_~
Mad Poster
#50 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maru-chan
During Part 3 - 5.

I get this error message when trying to extract the body mesh:
"Not all parts could be found for mesh: afbodylongloose_sandfancy"

help ~_~

Omit the last part. You need to look for "afbodylongloose". That's it.
Page 2 of 7