Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 2:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Weird shading on tiles when zooming out
Hello,

I seem to get weird shadings for the "Six of Spades" flooring when zooming out. When zooming in close, however, it fades back to normal. I am playing with texture details on high.
This also happens with the "Wigglewag Pavers" flooring. I haven't encountered this with anything else so far.

Unfortunately, changing texture detail from high back to medium helps, but.. I don't want to sacrifice high texture mode just for these two pavers!
I've attached screenshots of the problem.

So is this a common issue, and can it be solved? Or do I just.. not use these floorings? I am playing the sims 2 after years so these graphic problems are new to me.

Thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 12:05 PM
It's like that in my game too, an issue with the bumpmaps for those tiles I think. Some of the brick pavers have the same issue, I'm wondering if it would be possible to make an override for them to fix this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It's like that in my game too, an issue with the bumpmaps for those tiles I think. Some of the brick pavers have the same issue, I'm wondering if it would be possible to make an override for them to fix this.

Thanks, that makes sense.. going to see if i can mess around and do something about it
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Aug 2021 at 5:31 PM
I hope you can figure it out, I'd download a fix for sure!