Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 6:19 PM
Default Oh, AwesomeMod. Where art thou?
Don't be fooled by the title of this thread. I know where I can find AwesomeMod thanks to some very handy threads in the WCIF.

But, let me go to my point: I feel naked without my precious--I mean the AM. It expired just this morning (when I was sleeping of all times?), and MATY is down at the moment. (As is PMBD... Coincidence? ) So, here I am, waiting to update it so I can get back into my game and ready the next chapter of my story.

Oh, I could just take AM out and play that way. If I want to die! I've gotten so used to the game running correctly that I don't think I could handle it.

Is anyone else experiencing this? The jonesin' for AwesomeMod twitch? Is it just me?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MondayMorning
anyone else experiencing this? The jonesin' for AwesomeMod twitch? Is it just me?

Eh... Most of the functionality I regularly use in the Awesome is now available in non-core form, with more on the way eventually.

If you are really in a fix, simply switch your computer clock back a couple days, and that will bypass Pescado's expiry date check.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 6:36 PM
No, I'm in the same boat as you. Mod expired, MATY down, and I refuse to play without it. Oh the sadness.

Even if I wanted to I couldn't take it out because of the way IndieStone works with it, unless I wanted to do a fresh install and put the full IndieStone core mod in. Which I don't. *Sigh*
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crystalline Flame
Even if I wanted to I couldn't take it out because of the way IndieStone works with it, unless I wanted to do a fresh install and put the full IndieStone core mod in. Which I don't. *Sigh*

I'd never tell you to stop using IndieStone. I have the utmost respect for those developers.

However, it is no longer actively maintained, and has several bugs that will never be corrected... You should consider moving to a new Progression mod.

There are two other options available:

1) Awesome Story Mode
2) NRaas StoryProgression (based on the IndieStone)

Have faith, MATY will return eventually.

Edit: spelling

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
I'd never tell you to stop using IndieStone. I have the utmost respect for those developers.

However, it is no longer actively maintained, and has several bugs that will never be corrected... You should consider moving to a new Progression mod.

There are two other options available:

1) Awesome Story Mode
2) NRaas StoryProgression (based on the IndieStone)

Have faith, MATY will return eventually.

Edit: spelling

I wasn't aware of the NRaas SP mod, thanks for sharing.
Ironic how just recently Pescado posted that the apocalypse would be signaled by MATY going offline...
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xalwaysvindicatedx
Ironic how just recently Pescado posted that the apocalypse would be signaled by MATY going offline...

I know! I was reading the same thread on MATY as well.

He might have pulled the plug as a joke, just to watch the fallout.

Cheers.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:12 PM
No it's a genuine server crash. He's been talking about it in chat

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
No it's a genuine server crash. He's been talking about it in chat

Dang... I hope it's not a serious one.

Luck to him.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:15 PM
That's one thing that really irritates me about AwesomeMod. Why should I be prevented from playing because AM says it's expired? So what? I will update it next time. Let me keep playing with my old version, thanks. Ugh, so invasive. And yet I can't live without the mod.
#10 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:23 PM
The alternative is to risk your hood by playing with a version that hasn't been fixed. In fact if you got that warning you have already waited too long to update and have been playing with a version that had possibly damaging bugs in it. My personal advice to people is update every time before you play even if you don't htink there has been a new version.

Having said that, there are workarounds if you use a bit of imagination

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:26 PM
It's truly a server crash? Because I just read a post on a blog that someone wrote saying MATY was down because EA was sueing them for hosting their store items for free.

I giggled.
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lomelindi
That's one thing that really irritates me about AwesomeMod. Why should I be prevented from playing because AM says it's expired? So what? I will update it next time. Let me keep playing with my old version, thanks. Ugh, so invasive. And yet I can't live without the mod.

Be glad he put it in. Its a safety guard to keep your game from blowing up . This is as close to Pescado being kind as he gets. Be grateful not whiny. YES its really a server crash. I was there when it went down and was in chat. Screw EA and these stupid little rumors that all the sheepies can't wait to spread. The game is far better with Pescado than without and they know it.
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:58 PM
MATY does not host EA store content. Get your facts straight.

Awesomemod also expires in order to prevent old bugs from being reported. It is a beta mod. Deal with it and update, or set your computer clock back to play with outdated versions. Those are your options if you choose to use the mod.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:58 PM
Dude, just set your clock back a couple years. You'll get an "I see what you did there. You suck, and we hate you" message, but you can still play until MATY comes back up.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lomelindi
so invasive.

I sorta feel that way, too. Sorta. Not enough to not use it, though. Pescado's been a recognized name in the sims community for so long, I have a certain level of trust in his work, whereas I would probably not deal well with it if some new-name modder's mod told me what I could and couldn't use in my game.

Quote: Originally posted by Ketsumei
I just read a post on a blog that someone wrote saying MATY was down because EA was sueing them for hosting their store items for free.

...and which blog was that?

Quote: Originally posted by snowbawl
Awesomemod also expires in order to prevent old bugs from being reported.

That's probably the _primary_ reason. He gets enough bug reports and many more reports of what people _think_ are bugs. In his shoes, I'd want to cut down on that traffic, as well :P

OP, you could reset your computer clock as others have suggested, or get someone to email you the latest copy of AM. I'd probably just reset my clock in the interim, though, rather than downloading a file from a stranger's email.
Instructor
#16 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Eh... Most of the functionality I regularly use in the Awesome is now available in non-core form, with more on the way eventually.

If you are really in a fix, simply switch your computer clock back a couple days, and that will bypass Pescado's expiry date check.

Cheers.

Last time he put expired date on is Patch v.1.2.7 but I put back the dates on my computer to still use the AM old version and ignore JM's scolding "You Suck!" LOL

But change back the computer clock date can cause you minor irritation such as Hotmail/some Anti-Virus programs/Active shield...blah blah...not working properly. You can just reprogram them and everything will be fine.

Personally I can't use In die Mod at all due to my UBER TEEN WOOHOO mod. So I use AM all along. And since Twallan's Nraas Super Computer come out I can enjoy nearly the same Indie Stone experience more or less. So I'm grateful to him(or her).

For expired date on JM Pescado's side, I took side of him. He's the great modder and he did it FOR FREE for all of us to enjoy the game more. His mod is beyond amazing and he UPDATED his version A LOT. I mean..A LOT! (So as Twallan).These great and generous modders should be appreciated and not whinnied at. If some rules or conditions make their life easier, please respect them.

For me I can stand as many scoldings as I should from JM as long as he still produces such a great mod. :D
Field Researcher
#17 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by little bee
I put back the dates on my computer to still use the AM old version and ignore JM's scolding "You Suck!" LOL

I've never actually let Awesomemod expire, but I did get that message after putting in my new motherboard recently... I laughed

Personally I can't use In die Mod at all due to my UBER TEEN WOOHOO mod. So I use AM all along.

Uber... as in, Inteen? And you use it WITH AM? How?

These great and generous modders should be appreciated and not whinnied at.

Pescado makes hotdogs out of those that whinny.

:P
Instructor
#18 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikrokitty
Uber... as in, Inteen? And you use it WITH AM? How?

I just didn't enable "pedophilia" for Uber teen to work without my adult sims thrown to jail.
But you can use UBER TEEN WOOHOO(sexysims2) with AM's pedophilia "enabled". But the result is not nice as you have to put up with Pescado's penalty. LOL

Quote: Originally posted by mikrokitty
Pescado makes hotdogs out of those that whinny.
:P

I'm afraid my english of "whinnied" is broken english. (Or it's written correctly? I dunno ) But the joke about hotdogs crack me up so hard, mikrokitty.

Ps.When I found out I can't log into MATY today I felt a little hole in my heart for the first time.
I can't imagine if it happens to MTS site.......?????? -sigh------- God, pls...DON'T!!!!!!
Banned
#19 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 11:03 PM
Um, WTF! The mod actually *expires*?? O_O Well, knocking on wood, but..... I've never had this?
#20 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 11:18 PM
Thats because you have taken care to follow the author's advice and update often

Field Researcher
#21 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 11:22 PM
I just didn't enable "pedophilia" for Uber teen to work without my adult sims thrown to jail.
But you can use UBER TEEN WOOHOO(sexysims2) with AM's pedophilia "enabled". But the result is not nice as you have to put up with Pescado's penalty. LOL

I've just been switching the two mods out, using AM primarily, and only putting Inteen in for the specific moments that it's needed. I do have pedophilia enabled, I think.

I'm afraid my english of "whinnied" is broken english. (Or it's written correctly? I dunno ) But the joke about hotdogs crack me up so hard, mikrokitty.
I knew what you meant, but I had to poke fun You meant people who whined, I presume. Horses whinny, losers whine

[QUOTE=little bee]
I can't imagine if it happens to MTS site.......??????

MTS has downtime sometimes too, you may just have not tried to access the site when it's occurred. I wouldn't worry 'bout it, Pes is workin' on it.

Quote: Originally posted by starved4pizza
Um, WTF! The mod actually *expires*?? O_O Well, knocking on wood, but..... I've never had this?

If you're updating it fairly regularly, you probably won't see that message often. If you do get the message, just go to MATY and get the latest release of AM. The only reason that OP is unable to update is on account of MATY being down currently.
Banned
#22 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 11:29 PM
I haven't updated it since, well...... I've never updated it. 8D Weird, that it even expires in the first place.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 12:59 AM
You can actually update, if you know /where/ to go.

http://beta.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/base/
Field Researcher
#24 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 1:09 AM
My question is I got that today never had before then again I could never get it to work on my 64 bit vista last time I tried got it to work then today I decided to play hadn't in awhile asked me to update the site was down so I took it out of the game (awesome mod) now my game wont stay on it keeps shutting down on me? Is it because of that mod now am I stuck using the darn thing forever??
Just followed moryrie's link and put it back in will see if my game works again?
I know it worked the last time I played...

"I have chosen darkness as my guide, Broken is my heart, Pain walks by my side, Grey is my Reality."
Instructor
#25 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moryrie
You can actually update, if you know /where/ to go.

http://beta.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/base/

Thanx so much, moryrie.
I went there and download it already. It's 12-09-2009 version right?
(my last update was 09-09-09)

He updated a lot. Is there anytime for him to sleep at all?
Page 1 of 6