Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ghosts Can Have Babies!

by PolarBearSims Posted 31st Oct 2017 at 7:59 PM - Updated 12th Mar 2024 at 11:48 PM by PolarBearSims : Patch Update 9/5/19

88 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 69 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#51 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 7:44 AM
this mod does not work anymore
Test Subject
#52 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 4:32 PM
I just use this mod with latest patch.
Ghost sim won't show in Try for baby dialog. This mod won't work now?
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 10:31 PM
Try for baby still shows up in the Romance dialog, but the woohoo doesn't result in pregnancy for my sims.
Theorist
Original Poster
#54 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Reptonplay
this mod does not work anymore

Mod has been tested and works as intended. You will have to be more specific on what is going on in your game that it isn't working.

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Theorist
Original Poster
#55 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by graviton
I just use this mod with latest patch.
Ghost sim won't show in Try for baby dialog. This mod won't work now?

The mod only unlocks it for the interaction on the sim not the object. Has been tested for and works as intended. Test it with nothing else in your folder to check for conflicts.

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

Theorist
Original Poster
#56 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WaytoomanyUIDs
Try for baby still shows up in the Romance dialog, but the woohoo doesn't result in pregnancy for my sims.

Mod has been tested and my ghost got pregnant on the first try. Test it with nothing else in your folder to make sure there aren't any conflicts.

Test Subject
#57 Old 17th Dec 2020 at 8:19 PM
Is there anyway you could change the skin color to make the baby look dead? Similar to the color of the vampire baby I mean.
Theorist
Original Poster
#58 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaeSnow2020
Is there anyway you could change the skin color to make the baby look dead? Similar to the color of the vampire baby I mean.

The game doesn't have a death shader for babies that is why they don't come out looking dead.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#59 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 9:13 PM
What a cool idea...I've tried this and while I have the option and the ghost and Sim go have sex through the Try for baby option she hasn't yet gotten pregnant. Most times I tell sims to try for a baby and they get pregnant the first try. lol Is there a chance the ghost won't get pregnant when they try?
Scholar
#60 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 12:40 AM
If I have a living sim (yes I’m aware Sims are not really alive lol) can she get pregnant by a male ghost sim?
I have not put mod in my game yet as I wanted to know if that was an option.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 8:27 PM
Can confirm that mod works with Paranormal Stuff pack (source: sim is currently pregnant with Guidry's baby)! Many thanks for this!
Theorist
Original Poster
#62 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
If I have a living sim (yes I’m aware Sims are not really alive lol) can she get pregnant by a male ghost sim?
I have not put mod in my game yet as I wanted to know if that was an option.

Should be able to. The mod just unlocks the try for baby interaction for ghost sims.

Theorist
Original Poster
#63 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grykon
What a cool idea...I've tried this and while I have the option and the ghost and Sim go have sex through the Try for baby option she hasn't yet gotten pregnant. Most times I tell sims to try for a baby and they get pregnant the first try. lol Is there a chance the ghost won't get pregnant when they try?

Do you have any mods that affect pregnancy chances? The mod just unlocks the try for baby in the pie menu, it doesn't do anything to the intetaction itself.

Theorist
Original Poster
#64 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaeSnow2020

Unless you can change it in CAS then no. The game never intended to have ghost babies or toddlers so there isn't a ghost shader for them.

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
Mod has been tested and my ghost got pregnant on the first try. Test it with nothing else in your folder to make sure there aren't any conflicts.

Hi, Sorry about the really late reply, thanks for the answer. Not sure what was going on in that other save of mine, but in a new save the mod definitely works whether the ghost initiates try for baby or the sim does, It succeeded first time both times. Great mod, thanks
Field Researcher
#66 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
Do you have any mods that affect pregnancy chances? The mod just unlocks the try for baby in the pie menu, it doesn't do anything to the intetaction itself.

Thanks for the reply, I hadn't tried it for a while as I've been working on other things but I'll give it some more tests. I'm glad to hear it is still working!

Tim

edit:

Would be kind of cool if like once the toddler because a child it could convert the child to a ghost without actually having to die. lol
Test Subject
#67 Old 1st May 2021 at 3:40 AM
Any idea if this conflics with wonderfulwhims or your other risky pregnancy mod? I have both of those installed, and it doesn't seem like my ghosts can impregnate or get pregnant

When you are no longer yourself, who will you be?
Theorist
Original Poster
#68 Old 2nd May 2021 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crowley
Any idea if this conflics with wonderfulwhims or your other risky pregnancy mod? I have both of those installed, and it doesn't seem like my ghosts can impregnate or get pregnant

I haven't used wonderfulwhims from turbo yet so I couldn't say if it conflicts or not. Usually, turbo's mods are script mods and those don't normally conflict with a tuning mod. I would have to test it out in order to know for sure.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 2:02 AM
Hope you update this mod. Would love to use it, but it sounds like it doesn't work anymore
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 5th Aug 2021 at 7:25 PM
does this still work with the latest update??
Test Subject
#71 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 10:20 PM
Hi, any way for ghost babies to have a 50% chance to be ghost toddlers ? And to add the age up interaction to them, maybe only manually n by cake ? Also can two ghost have a baby?
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 9:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AshBonsai1200
Hi, any way for ghost babies to have a 50% chance to be ghost toddlers ? And to add the age up interaction to them, maybe only manually n by cake ? Also can two ghost have a baby?

About ghost having baby together. Tried that experiment and answer is yes they can.
In my Willowbrook game.
Found a couple in the TS4 gallery, moved them into a cheap lot. Try for baby resulted in a regular "living" kid.
When kid aged, got tired of the "scared" reaction and used ambrosia on the parents to rejuvenate them to living.
Then they were just as boring as the rest of the sim community!

Blessings,
MissCee
Theorist
Original Poster
#73 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AshBonsai1200

@AshBonsai1200 Unfortunately, you can not have "ghost" babies because there is no shader in the game for them. I'd have to look into it but I feel that it may be able to be changed so a baby from a ghost doesn't age up but at this moment, I don't have the time to research it. If I do and can get it to work, I will upload the feature on here.

Quote: Originally posted by MissCee
About ghost having baby together. Tried that experiment and answer is yes they can.
In my Willowbrook game.
Found a couple in the TS4 gallery, moved them into a cheap lot. Try for baby resulted in a regular "living" kid.
When kid aged, got tired of the "scared" reaction and used ambrosia on the parents to rejuvenate them to living.
Then they were just as boring as the rest of the sim community!

@MissCee Thank you for your response. The baby, however, will always be a living sim because there is no shader in the game for a ghost baby like in the sims 3. Ghosts in this game were never meant to have babies.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 7:01 PM
thank you!
Theorist
Original Poster
#75 Old 13th Apr 2022 at 2:26 AM
No updates were needed, however, I did a test to answer the MOST common question of all, who can impregnate who? Below are my test results.

Who can get pregnant?
A human male can impregnate a ghost female
A ghost male can impregnate a ghost female
A ghost male can impregnate a human female

Thank you for all of your support and patience!

~ENJOY~

Page 3 of 4